ADVERTISEMENT

Can we all agree that we need an offensive coordinator that excites the best 17-22 year old prospects & attracts them to Notre dame?

So we are just supposed to ignore the 2023 offseason/preseason hype fest in your post history namely your repeated take that the offense was going to lead Notre Dame back to national championship contention this season?
Yes. Show it. Because I was anti Hartman and never said the offense would lead us to a NC. So another lie

Yes. Show it. Because I was anti Hartman and never said the offense would lead us to a NC. So another lie
You were hyping up the offense all offseason including after the Sam Hartman acquisition. I don't need to go back through your post history and find a specific post.

Whatever Notre Dame does is correct strategically in your eyes unless you have the benefit of hindsight to help change your mind later

You were hyping up the offense all offseason including after the Sam Hartman acquisition. I don't need to go back through your post history and find a specific post.

Whatever Notre Dame does is correct strategically in your eyes unless you have the benefit of hindsight to help change your mind later
Wrong again. I was anti Hartman. I was high on this team because there's a lot of talent everywhere. Unfortunately, like I said about Hartman, he wasn't good enough to take us over the top

Offer Tommy a raise, OC, and associate HC. Bama ain’t going to get into a bidding war with ND when they can just go hire whomever they want.

Reactions: chaseball
Chaseball on Michigan with Harbaugh: "They have one of the greatest coaches in the history of the sport in his prime dominating college football right now."

Delusional.
Michigan has been locked inside the top five in F+ since that bad covid season and have been a lock at number one since like week two by far ahead of everybody. This is with the 14th ranked talent in the country. I've never seen such complete dominance with such average talent in the history of the f+ and online recruiting rankings era

Offer Tommy a raise, OC, and associate HC. Bama ain’t going to get into a bidding war with ND when they can just go hire whomever they want.
I would be happy with this solution. If Rees goes on to winning a national title under saban he brings with him a ton of cache as an OC that would definitely get top prospects attention. Only problem with this though is I think Rees might have a higher profile than Marcus Freeman right now as a potential head coach

• Haha
Reactions: Golson5
I would be happy with this solution. If Rees goes on to winning a national title under saban he brings with him a ton of cache as an OC that would definitely get top prospects attention. Only problem with this though is I think Rees might have a higher profile than Marcus Freeman right now as a potential head coach
That's funny

Michigan has been locked inside the top five in F+ since that bad covid season and have been a lock at number one since like week two by far ahead of everybody. This is with the 14th ranked talent in the country. I've never seen such complete dominance with such average talent in the history of the f+ and online recruiting rankings era
The have a good football team and play a joke of a schedule. It's not that surprising. Calm down there little guy

Michigan got humiliated by Georgia in 21. They lost to a TCU that Georgia beat by a hundred.

Tcu was the worst team to make a NC and they got there by beating Michigan

F+ doesn't mean squat to anybody but you. One would think you would have learned this by now, as you have been continually ridiculed for your reliance on F+.

Michigan is an impossible model they have one of the greatest coaches in the history of the sport in his prime dominating college football right now no other program has been able to maintain such high performance with such average recruiting in the history of the recruiting databases online this can't be a model that we replicate or it will be like trying to win the lottery

You do realize that we have recruiting databases that show exactly how well a program is recruiting going back the last 20 years there's been zero increase in recruiting results since Brian Kelly's last '22 class
What are you blabbering on about??? Harbaugh is NOT one of the greatest coaches in the history of the sport! He was on the way until the past 2+ years and will be gone after this year. He hasn't won a championship!
Time to go on "Ignore"

Michigan is an impossible model they have one of the greatest coaches in the history of the sport in his prime dominating college football right now no other program has been able to maintain such high performance with such average recruiting in the history of the recruiting databases online this can't be a model that we replicate or it will be like trying to win the lottery

You do realize that we have recruiting databases that show exactly how well a program is recruiting going back the last 20 years there's been zero increase in recruiting results since Brian Kelly's last '22 class
FALSE

F+ doesn't mean squat to anybody but you. One would think you would have learned this by now, as you have been continually ridiculed for your reliance on F+.
Do you have a link to an alternative public-available algorithmic based ranking system that adjusts for luck and opponent quality?

Last edited:
The last 15 years of my post history is mostly examples of what Notre Dame needs to change. I obviously don't work in the football operations office so I can't be any more specific than I have been already.

The massive obvious low-hanging fruit is closing the talent gap. You are a top eight entity in all of college football you should be recruiting in the top eight at worst. Anything below a top 8 class should start costing coaches and ADs their jobs.
Prime Time says hi

You are a status quo warrior and an establishment hack. Whatever Notre Dame and their wing of PR professionals / local media people say is what you regurgitate

there is no critical thinking in that there is no creativity in that there is nothing unique about what you post you are just a big homer
Hello kettle

No one cares about F+. Whether there is one alternative system or 100 alternative systems, no one cares.
point being there is no alternative. so essentially your argument is "burn the books!"

This isn't really a response to this post specifically but just more generally speaking I think where we diverge is that you think Notre Dame is institutionally limited and that is what is preventing them from achieving their recruiting goals

my take is that it isn't an institutional limitation but rather a personnel limitation E.G. Notre Dame doesn't have the right people in place in leadership positions to attract the best football talent in the country

The former cannot be changed the latter can be changed with the right leadership and Notre Dame just replaced Jack swarbrick and father Jenkins
Regardless of their academic ability, I suppose? Isn't that the way you'd want it?

Reactions: BGI User 756
No, my argument is that no one cares about F+. No one.
yes you want us to all know less so that your opinion cant be challenged. and this coming from a guy who brags about his ND education

Regardless of their academic ability, I suppose? Isn't that the way you'd want it?
You are strawmaning my argument. I've never said ND shouldn't care about their recruits academic eligibility. What im saying is that unless ND brings in A LOT better talent, that 17-21 stretch where ND won nothing of note under BK is the best it's ever going to get.

So what is the solution?

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

FOCUS STRATEGICALLY ORGANIZATIONALLY EXPENDITURELY ON INCREASING THE LEVEL OF THE TALENT. start there.

Last edited:
You are strawmaning my argument. I've never said ND shouldn't care about their recruits academic eligibility. What im saying is that unless ND brings in A LOT better talent, that 17-21 stretch where ND won nothing of note under BK is the best it's ever going to get.

So what is the solution?

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

FOCUS STRATEGICALLY ORGANIZATIONALLY EXPENDITURELY ON INCREASING THE LEVEL OF THE TALENT. start there.
Are you really that delusional? They don't and won't all qualify. Plus, a lot of those top players have no desire to get a college degree because they think they're going to the NFL.

It's pretty simple.

You see ND as a football team. It is an academic institution FIRST AND FOREMOST. Did you ever attend college?

For the Love of God.

Last edited:

So what is the solution?

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

"Expenditurely" is not a word. And there is no need to yell.

The solution is something I have suggested many, many times---go find another team to root for.

Their schedule is a joke

UGA and TCU say hold my beer

Reactions: NDSMC78
How does this fan base not realize that we need a massive injection of talent and how many more posts do I need to make on the topic showing the evidence?
How do you not realize ND has academic requirements not only to get in, but they have to also attend class. If Jesus himself came down from the heavens as the OC it wouldn't change those facts.

yes you want us to all know less so that your opinion cant be challenged. and this coming from a guy who brags about his ND education
Yeah, he's an ND grad, which you're not. Therefore, he has just a little more insight than you with regard to the university itself.

As I asked you before, did you attend college at all? I seriously doubt it. All you think of Notre Dame is that it's a football team. It's really a lot more than that.

You should do some research, kind of like your F+ reports.

Reactions: NDSMC78
Their schedule is a joke

UGA and TCU say hold my beer
F+ rankings are opponent adjusted. That means that if you have a schedule full of cupcakes you better be beating them by like 100 points at halftime week in and week out if you have any chance of maintaining a #1 F+ ranking throughout the season.

F+ rankings are opponent adjusted. That means that if you have a schedule full of cupcakes you better be beating them by like 100 points at halftime week in and week out if you have any chance of maintaining a #1 F+ ranking throughout the season.

Michigan's schedule is terrible. It was objectively bad. Nothing F+ can say will change that.

How do you not realize ND has academic requirements not only to get in, but they have to also attend class. If Jesus himself came down from the heavens as the OC it wouldn't change those facts.
I believe NDs academic strictness and reputation is a benefit to recruiting and not a hinderance. We've concocted this narrative (an ND fan only narrative) that most of the top prospects in the sport are braindead non-students but there's nothing out there to substantiate this. It's all speculation hearsay and propaganda.

That proves nothing. That's why Georgia beat them like a drum and they got beat by the weakest NC participant team of all time

I believe NDs academic strictness and reputation is a benefit to recruiting and not a hinderance. We've concocted this narrative (an ND fan only narrative) that most of the top prospects in the sport are braindead non-students but there's nothing out there to substantiate this. It's all speculation hearsay and propaganda.
So, what do you have to substantiate that they're academically gifted?

Alabama will beat them by 10.
It wouldn't surprise me. Saban has been dominant in do or die situations. and they still have the most talented roster in the country even if they've underperformed it this season.

I think Alabama is more beatable this season than they have been in the last 15 years though

Last edited:
It wouldn't surprise me. Saban has been dominant in do or die situations. and they still have the most talented roster in the country even if they've underperformed it this season.

I think Alabama is more beatable this season than they have been in the last 15 years though
They will beat Meatchicken and they will beat the winner of Washington/Texas for the NC.

So, what do you have to substantiate that they're academically gifted?
Im not saying they are academically gifted but based on what local ND media people have said about the program's recruiting efforts over the years, the academic exclusivity argument is way overblown/overstated among the fan base. Meaning that the academics don't play that big of a role in where ND falls in the hierarchy of talent acquisition.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT