ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Going to Get Busy

Obviously they were way off. Anyone who thought unc was going to be top 10 last yr should have their vote removed.

Clueless
I agree on the UNC but people thought Wisconsin would be better… I’m not buying byu being top 20 and Clemson is good but imho not top 5

Only now...BK is coaching against the teams he is accustomed to losing to week in and week out...not just once or twice a season.
A shame BK doesn't get to play himself. 2-0 vs LSU.

But I think the litmus test will be Texas A&M. The Aggies have been declared to be a blue blood top 5 program and recently bought the necessary recruits. Will they get the wins, especially against their semi-rival LSU?

Cincy UNC and Wisconsin were top 15….is byu that?
Cincy was the one team we played that finished ranked. UNC finished 6-7 lol no way they were top 15. Wisconsin didn't finish ranked either. Also, way to ignore Clemson and USC finally getting a coach.

Other than that good point.

Cincy was the one team we played that finished ranked. UNC finished 6-7 lol no way they were top 15. Wisconsin didn't finish ranked either. Also, way to ignore Clemson and USC finally getting a coach.

Other than that good point.
Gotta compare pre season to pre season …

No he didn't.

MF recruited the entire defense. Then landed Schrauth and Payne.

When was the last time a BK class was as high as number 6, 2013??

There's a reason for that. It's MF

I don't think you can state that as fact. Clark Lea left in Dec. 2020. Freeman came in 2021 which included some of Lea's 2021 kids talking with writers about the change to MF and they said they still like ND and planned to stay with their commitment to ND.

Let him land a class first. By all appearances you’re right. But you have to develop the talent and do it consistently. MF is 0-1. While I like the guy a lot and have a lot of faith things can work out well, I’m pumping the breaks. He needs to win games and he’s not getting the #1 overall like a lot of people said. There’s a lot of over inflation with expectations. It’s going to lead to his downfall if people aren’t cautious. People like Golson with pictures of MF on his night stand need to recognize that he’s going to have a hard time winning a playoff, let alone make one. He also isn’t getting Dante, isn’t landing the #1 class, and blew the biggest lead in ND history. He has one of the better classes in a while, but most coaches do early in their careers at ND. Wei’s killed it. BK was 4 overall in 2013. Let’s see how things go when the rubber meets the road. I hear all kinds of noise back when I post this stuff, but until the win loss column is added up and the kids sign in the line, it’s simply that, noise. I like who we hired based on the situation we ended up in. Let’s hope he doesn’t trash the past 12 years of progress like USC’s coaches did.

You expressed it well, at least as well as I could imo of the current situation. I'm guessing 90% of ND fans loved the decision to hire MF, me included. The last time the ND fandom went for a guy so quickly was one Gerry Faust. Maybe not quite the level of MF, but it seemed to boost the ND nation's spirits. Lots of hoopla around his hiring. That didn't work out so well. And lots has changed. We also didn't have access to instantaneous football recruiting coverage like we do now.

Some people can handle HCing and some can't. True MF is 0-1 but that game was way too early to be an indicator of who MF is. We shall see.

Reactions: IrishBeer
Let him land a class first. By all appearances you’re right. But you have to develop the talent and do it consistently. MF is 0-1. While I like the guy a lot and have a lot of faith things can work out well, I’m pumping the breaks. He needs to win games and he’s not getting the #1 overall like a lot of people said. There’s a lot of over inflation with expectations. It’s going to lead to his downfall if people aren’t cautious. People like Golson with pictures of MF on his night stand need to recognize that he’s going to have a hard time winning a playoff, let alone make one. He also isn’t getting Dante, isn’t landing the #1 class, and blew the biggest lead in ND history. He has one of the better classes in a while, but most coaches do early in their careers at ND. Wei’s killed it. BK was 4 overall in 2013. Let’s see how things go when the rubber meets the road. I hear all kinds of noise back when I post this stuff, but until the win loss column is added up and the kids sign in the line, it’s simply that, noise. I like who we hired based on the situation we ended up in. Let’s hope he doesn’t trash the past 12 years of progress like USC’s coaches did.
Thanks Dad.

Monday morning analyst, after the year played out. Talk about lazy. Driskill must've said it.
All that matters is the ranking at the end of the year.

Are you saying this schedule will only have 1 ranked team. And a mid major at that?

Come on. Don't be a moron

And I said it about UNC before the season. Argued with the unc fan that used to come on here running his mouth.

Are you saying this schedule will only have 1 ranked team. And a mid major at that?

And I said it about UNC before the season. Argued with the unc fan that used to come on here running his mouth.
UNC was obvious, they lost so much talent but returned a heisman candidate so people thought he would carry them.

I think only Clemson and Ohio state are locks… usc probably, byu overrated

I don't know how you reached for that question or inferred that I said ANYTHING about playing a schedule that has one ranked team?

However, I will answer the incorrect statement you lead off with in this post I'm responding to, and that is: All rankings matter. Preseason, end of year, middle of year, all of it. Why? Because it's a whole lot easier for an Ohio St. team ranked #3 preseason, to go undefeated and maintain a top ranking than say a Cincy team that may be ranked #19 preseason yet goes undefeated and has to work and hope that their undefeated record will bring them up 15 spots to make the playoffs.

What if 5 teams at the end of the year, remain undefeated? Four of them were in the top 4 from preseason through the year, and here is Cincy moving up 14 spots to 5 and still undefeated, yet left out. Did preseason ranking mean anything at that point?

I don't know how you reached for that question or inferred that I said ANYTHING about playing a schedule that has one ranked team?

However, I will answer the incorrect statement you lead off with in this post I'm responding to, and that is: All rankings matter. Preseason, end of year, middle of year, all of it. Why? Because it's a whole lot easier for an Ohio St. team ranked #3 preseason, to go undefeated and maintain a top ranking than say a Cincy team that may be ranked #19 preseason yet goes undefeated and has to work and hope that their undefeated record will bring them up 15 spots to make the playoffs.

What if 5 teams at the end of the year, remain undefeated? Four of them were in the top 4 from preseason through the year, and here is Cincy moving up 14 spots to 5 and still undefeated, yet left out. Did preseason ranking mean anything at that point?
Yes. Because sos will be the decider not where you were ranked in the pre season

Now that we go that settled

Yes. Because sos will be the decider not where you were ranked in the pre season

Now that we go that settled
Rankings mean more than SOS and where you start impacts that big time unless you go undefeated

Jerimiyah Love? Any updates? I think the chances of him coming to ND are <25%
One month ago Golson said we were landing moore love and mpemba or liking that way… not looking good… this class will be good but not what some thought at least current trend

Rankings mean more than SOS and where you start impacts that big time unless you go undefeated
No it really doesn't. Like at all. Zero. Sos means much more

The pre season rankings aren't the committees pre season rankings. If they were, maybe you'd have a point. Right now, you don't have one

If you think the committee cares about a ranking that isn't theirs, you haven't been paying attention to what they do.

If the ap or coaches picked the final 4, you'd have a good point

Right now you look really uninformed though. This isn't the 2000s

One month ago Golson said we were landing moore love and mpemba… not looking good… this class will be good but not what role thought at least current trend
I never said Mpemba. I said we were the leader for Mpemba. We still have a good shot with him. I never said we were landing Love. Don't make stuff up

If it wasn't for Dantes father, he'd be in the class.

You compared Mf to BVG.... and don't think we forgot how you acted like a little child after those games. Crying like a little girl

Reactions: jcswoopnh

The pre season rankings aren't the committees pre season rankings. If they were, maybe you'd have a point. Right now, you don't have one

If you think the committee cares about a ranking that isn't theirs, you haven't been paying attention to what they do.

You think a teams ranking means less than sos… come on man???

you seem a little desperate to try and be right

I’d much rather be ranked number 3 and have 50th sos than ranked 25 and have number 1 sos

only one gets in

my god dumb, and to think I used to believe you with info

I never said Mpemba. I said we were the leader for Mpemba. We still have a good shot with him. I never said we were landing Love. Don't make stuff up

If it wasn't for Dantes father, he'd be in the class.

You compared Mf to BVG.... and don't think we forgot how you acted like a little child after those games. Crying like a little girl
His coaching was as moronic as bvg and why we lost to ok state

I do think he will be a much better head coach as we now have a competent DC… he couldn’t hide behind Luke f at nd with Kelly as head coach, he got exposed

you absolutely said you expected mpemba love and moore

You think a teams ranking means less than sos… come on man???

you seem a little desperate to try and be right

I’d much rather be ranked number 3 and have 50th sos than ranked 25 and have number 1 sos

only one gets in

my god dumb, and to think I used to believe you with info
You wouldnt be ranked 25th with the best sos.

If they both had the same record, the team with the number 1 sos would get in

You can't be this dumb.

Drinking again??

You're not acting like a little girl, so maybe not drink yet

His coaching was as moronic as bvg and why we lost to ok state

I do think he will be a much better head coach as we now have a competent DC… he couldn’t hide behind Luke f at nd with Kelly as head coach, he got exposed

you absolutely said you expected mpemba love and moore
No I did not. I don't have a clue about Loves recruitment and never did. I may have put him in a mock class but I don't even think that. Definitely never said he was a lock

I know, all he did was have a top 15 defense last year

You wouldnt be ranked 25th with the best sos.

If they both had the same record, the team with the number 1 sos would get in

You can't be this dumb.

Drinking again??

You're not acting like a little girl, so maybe not drink yet
Ha ha ha except Indiana was number one last year for sos … what were they ranked?

Last edited:
No I did not. I don't have a clue about Loves recruitment and never did. I may have put him in a mock class but I don't even think that. Definitely never said he was a lock

I know, all he did was have a top 15 defense last year
No we didn’t, we were 43rd in total defense scoring defense we were 15th … but scoring defense includes offense and special teams… total defense is pure defense

Of course they pay attention. It would be ignorant of them not to.

Of course they pay attention. It would be ignorant of them not to.
No they don't. It means absolutely nothing. Its not their rankings. And they are totally meaningless. Thats why they dont have their first ranking until like week 8.

Meaningless. Especially to them

Reactions: jcswoopnh
No we didn’t, we were 43rd in total defense scoring defense we were 15th … but scoring defense includes offense and special teams… total defense is pure defense
Scoring defense is what matters.

We finished 15th. And thats with changing a scheme. Very impressive

Ask jim Knowles how it is to change a defense and do well in the first year. Very difficult

No they don't. It means absolutely nothing. Its not their rankings. And they are totally meaningless. Thats why they dont have their first ranking until like week 8.

Meaningless. Especially to them

I knew you were a arrogant fool, and you prove it over and over.

Absolutely nothing...lol

What a fool.

I knew you were a arrogant fool, and you prove it over and over.

Absolutely nothing...lol

What a fool.
Yeah not sure what happened to him

Golson is doubling and tripling down on just dumb comments
Scoring defense is what matters.

We finished 15th. And thats with changing a scheme. Very impressive

Ask jim Knowles how it is to change a defense and do well in the first year. Very difficult
ask bvg…. His best year was his first year

points given up is most important but involves the entire team, total defense is How you specifically look at the D…. 43rd with as you call it “the easiest schedule ever!”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT