ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Going to Get Busy

No he does not. He wasn't the Head Coach when they signed. He didnt recruit the defense.
He was the Head Coach when he went 44-6 the last 4 seasons with 2 Playoff seasons, and created the winning momentum needed to recruit well.

We disagree. Brian Kelly gets full credit for #6 in 2022, and #9 in 2021.

He was the Head Coach when he went 44-6 the last 4 seasons with 2 Playoff seasons, and created the winning momentum needed to recruit well.

We disagree. Brian Kelly gets full credit for #6 in 2022, and #9 in 2021.
21 yes

22 no

If they sign on the dotted line and Al Wahington is the Head man, I agree

But the Head man will be MF when they sign so no

Might’ve been top 5 if BK stayed.

I agree I think the teens are over for a couple years. But we saw what happened with USC. Top 5 classes, then no on the field success, then teens. Better hope MF can lead a program. It’s already built. Just don’t F it up like they did Poodles dynasty.

Reactions: Notre Dame du Lac

I agree I think the teens are over for a couple years. But we saw what happened with USC. Top 5 classes, then no on the field success, then teens. Better hope MF can lead a program. It’s already built. Just don’t F it up like they did Poodles dynasty.
Clay Helton had outstanding recruiting classes.

So did Lane Kiffin and Sark.

Mightve been another teen class with no Freeman

Fickell and Freeman. Very good job for both of them. Built that program to the playoffs
Freeman wasn't at Cincinnati during the Bearcat Playoff season, yet, he gets credit for that.

Meanwhile, Brian Kelly gets no credit for 2022 Notre Dame recruiting.

Got it.

You should be a publicist for MF.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Weisnheimer
No he doesn't. This class may have more points than any class BK had

I don’t care about points. I care about how we stacked up to the competition. Top 3 class. Playoff win, or you’re not better. Doesn’t have to be year one. Can be year 5 for all I care. You can beat him in recruiting by being in the top 5 multiple years. BK never did that. Do that and you’re getting warmer. CJ Carr in ‘24 is a good start. Now keep the winning culture alive and you’re going to have a real shot.

Last edited:
I don’t care about points. I care about how we stacked up to the competition. Top 3 class. Playoff win, or you’re not better. Doesn’t have to be year one. Can be year 5 for all I care.
Kelly's best Composite recruiting class ranked 5th with 284 points

This year's class will finish better than that

Kelly's best Composite recruiting class ranked 5th with 284 points

This year's class will finish better than that

So you’re betting this current group and our likely commits are going to #4? I’m quite surprised if that’s true. Ohio State just landed two 5 stars in two days. Bama hasn’t even started trying. Riley is still mulling over which 5 stars he wants. A&M hasn’t opened the briefcase yet. BK is still determining which minors to grind on and Georgia, well, I’m guessing they’re like Bama.

So you’re betting this current group and our likely commits are going to #4? I’m quite surprised if that’s true. Ohio State just landed two 5 stars in two days. Bama hasn’t even started trying. Riley is still mulling over which 5 stars he wants. A&M hasn’t opened the briefcase yet.
Yes. But more importantly we'll be above that 284 number

So you’re betting this current group and our likely commits are going to #4? I’m quite surprised if that’s true. Ohio State just landed two 5 stars in two days. Bama hasn’t even started trying. Riley is still mulling over which 5 stars he wants. A&M hasn’t opened the briefcase yet.
I will be surprised if Notre Dame finishes outside of top 5 on Rivals.

Composite I pay zero attention to.

I'm a Rivals fan. End of story.

Riley is taking some low rates prospects

We are at 2. To be top 5 that means we must beat 1 of: Ohio State, Bama, Georgia, A&M, USC. Who are we out recruiting when the dust settles? There are other teams in the running not on that list.

I know.

Rivals rankings are behind some others

Composite uses 4 different sites. No outliers. Takes out some bias.

Its a better way to grade a class

On3 has the best rankings IMO.

I don’t see this class doing any better than 6-7 without a Downs or Young. J Moore is a must.

We are at 2. To be top 5 that means we must beat 1 of: Ohio State, Bama, Georgia, A&M, USC. Who are we out recruiting when the dust settles? There are other teams in the running not on that list.
We're at 1

Bama OSU Georgia will be top 3 imo

We'll be 4.

AM 5, clemson 6

Usc wont be top 5

Yes, it is dumb.
No, you were insinuating that every coach hires great recruiters. Using that to take credit away from Freeman for the great job he's done on the recruiting trail so far.

That is, in fact dumb.

I’m not big on Kelly but the reason we have the opportunity to have great
Recruiting is due to Kelly’s coaching ability to win a lot of games last 5 years…. I’m confident freeman is a much better recruiter but I’m not confident in his coaching…. An 8-4 season will kill MF buzz…. No excuse to not go 10-2 or better this year

I’m not big on Kelly but the reason we have the opportunity to have great
Recruiting is due to Kelly’s coaching ability to win a lot of games last 5 years…. I’m confident freeman is a much better recruiter but I’m not confident in his coaching…. An 8-4 season will kill MF buzz…. No excuse to not go 10-2 or better this year
Yes. And Jacks decision to make Kelly make coaching changes and program changes after 17. So lets give Jack his credit as well. Jack also setup the easier schedules for Kelly

8 and 4 wont kill MF buzz. Hes going to recruit regardless. It would slow it down but hes always going to recruit well.

9 and 3 is realistic record for this season

Yes. And Jacks decision to make Kelly make coaching changes and program changes after 17. So lets give Jack his credit as well. Jack also setup the easier schedules for Kelly

8 and 4 wont kill MF buzz. Hes going to recruit regardless. It would slow it down but hes always going to recruit well.

9 and 3 is realistic record for this season
9-3 and we lose 1 or 2 games were favored in

No, you were insinuating that every coach hires great recruiters. Using that to take credit away from Freeman for the great job he's done on the recruiting trail so far.

That is, in fact dumb.

Wrong. I’m the biggest freeman fan around, dummy. But to give him credit for BKs #6 class is bs and cognitive dissonance. Eat a dic&, dummy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT