ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Going to Get Busy

When Brian Kelly puts 1/10 as much effort into recruiting as MF does, I’d be shocked

Well, he had a #4 and a #6 class during his time at ND so I can only imagine how good he will do at LSU. This is why I think ND finishes #6 or 7. Too many teams haven’t even started their recruiting haul yet. We lead for 0 5 star recruits. While I believe MF is a good recruiter, BK landed multiple 5 stars in the same class in the past.

Wrong. I’m the biggest freeman fan around, dummy. But to give him credit for BKs #6 class is bs and cognitive dissonance. Eat a dic&, dummy.
BK's number 6 class? You don't think Freeman had a major impact on Brian Kelly's highest ranked class in almost a decade the one year Freeman was on campus.

Hell, Tyson Ford and Jaylen Sneed only came because of Freeman. They straight up said it.

Fvck off, moron.

BK's number 6 class? You don't think Freeman had a major impact on Brian Kelly's highest ranked class in almost a decade the one year Freeman was on campus.

Hell, Tyson Ford and Jaylen Sneed only came because of Freeman. They straight up said it.

Fvck off, moron.

I’m sure you think MF had something to do with BKs #4 in 2013 as well. Haha. What a dumber u are.

Well, he had a #4 and a #6 class during his time at ND so I can only imagine how good he will do at LSU. This is why I think ND finishes #6 or 7. Too many teams haven’t even started their recruiting haul yet. We lead for 0 5 star recruits. While I believe MF is a good recruiter, BK landed multiple 5 stars in the same class in the past.

You give Kelly WAY too much credit on the recruiting front.

No. I don’t. I’m just sick of the over blown MF hype. I like the guy, but I’m tired of the over inflation.

There’s absolutely zero over inflation regarding who’s the better recruiter between the two.

There’s absolutely zero over inflation regarding who’s the better recruiter between the two.

Let him land a class first. By all appearances you’re right. But you have to develop the talent and do it consistently. MF is 0-1. While I like the guy a lot and have a lot of faith things can work out well, I’m pumping the breaks. He needs to win games and he’s not getting the #1 overall like a lot of people said. There’s a lot of over inflation with expectations. It’s going to lead to his downfall if people aren’t cautious. People like Golson with pictures of MF on his night stand need to recognize that he’s going to have a hard time winning a playoff, let alone make one. He also isn’t getting Dante, isn’t landing the #1 class, and blew the biggest lead in ND history. He has one of the better classes in a while, but most coaches do early in their careers at ND. Wei’s killed it. BK was 4 overall in 2013. Let’s see how things go when the rubber meets the road. I hear all kinds of noise back when I post this stuff, but until the win loss column is added up and the kids sign in the line, it’s simply that, noise. I like who we hired based on the situation we ended up in. Let’s hope he doesn’t trash the past 12 years of progress like USC’s coaches did.

Last edited:
I’m sure you think MF had something to do with BKs #4 in 2013 as well. Haha. What a dumber u are.
You mean Brian Kelly's one good class almost a decade ago?

Bottom line is that Kelly's highest ranked class in the last 9 years was with Marcus Freeman, as Sneed and Ford weren't playing for Kelly.

Can he coach? We don't know yet, but Marcus Freeman is a better recruiter than Kelly ever was and it's not close.

Reactions: NotreDomer1
We'll be the underdogs vs Clemson and OSU.

Last years team might have went 7 and 5 with the schedule this year.
Huh?
Other than Ohio state it’s a very similar schedule. Clemson will be a coin toss at home like Cincy was
usc will be improved but UNC will be even worse.

Last years team probably goes 10-2 9-3 at worst.

gosh I hope people aren’t already making excuses for MF losing games. Only Ohio state is the game we shouldn’t be favored.
Maybe a dog vs Clemson if we look bad early in season.

You mean Brian Kelly's one good class almost a decade ago?

Bottom line is that Kelly's highest ranked class in the last 9 years was with Marcus Freeman, as Sneed and Ford weren't playing for Kelly.

Can he coach? We don't know yet, but Marcus Freeman is a better recruiter than Kelly ever was and it's not close.
Completely agree here….
But Kelly’s run of last 5 years put ND back on the map to have this recruiting. If freeman was at Vanderbilt right now he’s not landing a top 15 class.

freeman is amazing for ND at recruiting. Did he hirer good enough coaches and does he and they know how to adjust in games are big questions for me.

How is last year's #6 class Marcus Freeman's class? He wasn't the Head Coach. Hell, he wasn't even at Notre Dame when some of the 2022 kids verbaled, including Tyler Buchner.
Don't worry about rankings. The ratings get manipulated as the season goes on. The site update rankings and generally drop committed recruits in the ranking to generate clicks. What matter is the kids relative ranking when committed. We have a ton of top 100 kids vs previous years. The difference between high four star and five isn't big.

Huh?
Other than Ohio state it’s a very similar schedule. Clemson will be a coin toss at home like Cincy was

gosh I hope people aren’t already making excuses for MF losing games. Only Ohio state is the game we shouldn’t be favored.
Whether or not ND is favored against Clemson, BYU or USC depends on how the quarterback position pans out against OSU...for starters. Easy to make predictions now....but they are worthless. We don't even know how well Buchner will perform in game 1...or the offensive line for that matter (see last year)...if he's ready for the big stage, on the road...with arguably more pressure on him since there is no Coan to step back in. He is the guy....and this team has got to put lots of points on the board to beat the above named teams....starting with OSU...which is a mighty steep hill to climb....they are loaded on offense. I for one do not subscribe to the "an efficient game manager is adequate"...or "as long as your quarterback doesn't do too much or beat himself" mentality. Notre Dame has a long history of those types of quarterbacks...and how inadequate they turned out to be against Top 10 teams. I have high hopes for Tyler Buchner....but he is unproven until he is.

Last edited:
Number 5 was his best class.

6 was Freemans

Huh?

No it's not similar.

OSU and Clemson is top 5 teams

Byu and Usc are both ranked

Last year we played 1 ranked team and lost.

This year we might have 4. We almost got beat by Toledo so last years team might have lost to Cal week 3.

This schedule will be much tougher

Osu, clemson, byu, Usc

Completely agree here….
But Kelly’s run of last 5 years put ND back on the map to have this recruiting. If freeman was at Vanderbilt right now he’s not landing a top 15 class.

freeman is amazing for ND at recruiting. Did he hirer good enough coaches and does he and they know how to adjust in games are big questions for me.
Coaches is an easy yes.

5 scheduled commitments setup in the next 2 weeks. Plus 2 more could also pop in or around that time

Jack Larsen 24 4 star TE - June 24

Cam Williams 24 4 star WR - June 29

Micah Bell 23 4 star CB - July 1

Rico Flores 23 4 star WR - July 3

Christian Gray 23 4 star CB - July 4

Those 5 are scheduled and all will be Irish.

2 others that could pop, Charles Jagusah and Ronan Hanafin.

What a time to be Irish
But what about Dante Moore? lol

No it's not similar.

This year we might have 4. We almost got beat by Toledo so last years team might have lost to Cal week 3.

Osu, clemson, byu, Usc
Um … pre season Cincy Wisconsin and unc were top 15 last year and usc was 24th …. So that’s 4 tanked Pre season, so similar schedules other than Ohio state

Um … pre season Cincy Wisconsin and unc were top 15 last year and usc was 24th …. So that’s 4 tanked Pre season, so similar schedules other than Ohio state
No one really thought those teams were that good. This schedule is and will be much tougher

No it's not similar.

Osu, clemson, byu, Usc
This. In the last two years Notre Dame won 10 and 11 games. Over that span they beat one ranked team and that was Navy.

Brian Kelly got by on a weak USC and embarrassingly pitiful schedules the last few years. Freeman is going to have no such benefit in his first year.

This year's Notre Dame could actually improve from last year and still lose more games. My best guess is 9-3 but 10-2 with this schedule would be a very good exceptional season.

This. In the last two years Notre Dame won 10 and 11 games. Over that span they beat one ranked team and that was Navy.

Brian Kelly got by on a weak USC and embarrassingly pitiful schedules the last few years. Freeman is going to have no such benefit in his first year.

This year's Notre Dame could actually improve from last year and still lose more games. My best guess is 9-3 but 10-2 with this schedule would be a very good exceptional season.
Brian Kelly ending 44-6 the last 4 seasons with two Playoff appearances was and is impressive, no matter how you slice it. Schedules are made years in advance, and Notre Dame or Brian Kelly need not apologize to anyone.

Reactions: Kontiki09
Brian Kelly ending 44-6 the last 4 seasons with two Playoff appearances was and is impressive, no matter how you slice it. Schedules are made years in advance, and Notre Dame or Brian Kelly need not apologize to anyone.
Who said they did?

No need to apologize.

But we can also recognize that the easier schedule helped

If we played exclusively in the ACC I could go 44-6 with USC being down for the last four years. ND's toughest game would be Clesmson

Don't worry about rankings. The ratings get manipulated as the season goes on. The site update rankings and generally drop committed recruits in the ranking to generate clicks. What matter is the kids relative ranking when committed. We have a ton of top 100 kids vs previous years. The difference between high four star and five isn't big.
This is a terrible take.

The legacy of BK 2.0 is: taking care of business with ACC basketball schools while getting the business from the footballers.

The legacy of BK 2.0 is: taking care of business with ACC basketball schools while getting the business from the footballers.
Brian Kelly the last few years was able to take care of business against bad to mediocre teams. That is not easy to do and deserves to be commended.

That said, if we were playing an SEC schedule he would've never even sniffed the playoff. He might've struggled to make a major bowl.

He was always and always will be an average coach when it mattered.

Reactions: Shank-O
Completely agree here….

If Brian Kelly was at Vanderbilt, he’s not getting a top20 class either. Just saying

End of the day, 95 million guaranteed is the legacy of Brian Kelly.

Not too bad for an "average..." Head Coach.

Last edited:
So Kelly got the same amount as Mel Tucker. Since we are basing his coaching acumen to the money he got, they are equals then right?
95 million guaranteed is 95 million guaranteed.

Spin that any way you wish.

Playing with the 247 ranking calculator, we are only a top 4 class compared to last year IF we land those left on the board and get a ‘23 QB. Whether it’s CJ, Dante, or a guy like Davis. Need a QB to make top 4.

Reactions: Notre Dame du Lac
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT