ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue Game - This is typical ND Scheduling

Get Nasty

I've posted how many times?
Jul 26, 2006
We play purdue 3rd week of the season. They have a bye week 2 before they play us. Hilarious.

We should still win no problem, but, help the team out once ADs.

"...help the team out once AD's."

LMFAO.

Again. Find a hobby.

We play purdue 3rd week of the season. They have a bye week 2 before they play us. Hilarious.

That's quite a reach. Bad scheduling by Purdue. A bye that early is ridiculous. No benefit to it at all unless they believe ND will have been physically and mentally whipped by NIU.

Last edited:
That's quite a reach. Bad scheduling by Purdue. A bye that early is ridiculous. No benefit to it at all unless they believe ND will have been physically and mentally whipped by NIU.
Yes. This early I would prefer the MAC snack. Unless it's a team like . Marshall.

Teams have 2 byes now in season. So yea not ideal to go week 2 with a bye but smart they get all fall camp and 2 extra weeks to prep for ND. Their biggest non conference game since the last time we played them (21 I think)

Agree it shouldn’t matter but it’s pretty insane

Teams have 2 byes now in season. So yea not ideal to go week 2 with a bye but smart they get all fall camp and 2 extra weeks to prep for ND. Their biggest non conference game since the last time we played them (21 I think)

Means nothing. As in zero.

ND has bye weeks before FSU and Stanford, not before Northern illinois and Navy.

As a player I would have hated having a bye that early. After camp you're itching to get rolling.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Absolute? Are you sure

If it meant zero what’s the point of a bye?
If you need a bye week in week 2 you hace serious issues

The bye means nothing that early in the year. Maybe it helps in the middle to the end of the year but week 2, nah

If you need a bye week in week 2 you hace serious issues

The bye means nothing that early in the year. Maybe it helps in the middle to the end of the year but week 2, nah
They’re building the whole fall camp on what they want to run and ND game

Again, I think it’s bad for their season as a whole but they can really game plan some stuff for ND

Irish play 5 games, get a bye
Then play 3 games, get a bye,
Then play last 4 games

Pretty nice schedule for the Irish.

You struck out looking….again

Reactions: echowaker
If you're worried about teams taking a bye week before playing ND. You obviously never played competitively. A competitor says anytime, anywhere.

If you're worried about teams taking a bye week before playing ND. You obviously never played competitively. A competitor says anytime, anywhere.
You got me figured out

If people can’t grasp how insane it is Purdue scheduled a bye 2nd week due to playing nd week 3… not sure what to say

Irish play 5 games, get a bye
Then play 3 games, get a bye,
Then play last 4 games

Pretty nice schedule for the Irish.

You struck out looking….again
Appreciate you looking at the nd schedule for the first time

Appreciate you looking at the nd schedule for the first time
The fact that you bothered to even look at the Purdoesn’t schedule, then take the time on top of that to start a thread about a bye week before Notre Dame…..is bizarre to me.

You got me figured out

If people can’t grasp how insane it is Purdue scheduled a bye 2nd week due to playing nd week 3… not sure what to say
Of things in cfb I'd call insane, this would probably be the lowest of all. It's not that insane at all

Coach Freeman has been unable to sleep all summer due to Purdue having a bye before game 3. 🤣

The fact that you bothered to even look at the Purdoesn’t schedule, then take the time on top of that to start a thread about a bye week before Notre Dame…..is bizarre to me.
Should everyone start calling you out for your constant bizarre?

Of things in cfb I'd call insane, this would probably be the lowest of all. It's not that insane at all
When was the last time a team set up a bye week 2 because they were playing “rival week 3?

We could just have 100 posts on determining the definition of talent

Fsu and ucla have bye weeks week 2

The insane part is you think it matters. If we can't beat Purdue in week 3, we have a serious problem
I’ve never felt or said it’s a reason we should lose but it’s pretty hilarious… ucla has game in Hawaii week before and it’s fsu 3rd week after playing in Ireland first week

It’s just clearly intentional to try and help to have a chance to beat us

I’ve never felt or said it’s a reason we should lose but it’s pretty hilarious… ucla has game in Hawaii week before and it’s fsu 3rd week after playing in Ireland first week

Find a hobby.

Appreciate you looking at other teams’ schedules for the first time.

So you want our A.D. to control our opponents schedule ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT