ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue Game - This is typical ND Scheduling

I don't have a great suggestion (i'm not ready to say we must join a conference but i'm close), but with the power 4 re alignment, it's going to be ND catering to most other teams conferences and schedules.
Whether or not you want Notre Dame in a conference doesn't matter.

Reactions: BGI User 756
I don't have a great suggestion (i'm not ready to say we must join a conference but i'm close). With the power 4 re alignment, it's going to be ND catering to most other teams conferences and schedules, that already started when ND agreed to play 5 ACC teams every year in a rotation.
Join a conference 🤣🤣

Lay off the alcohol

Then that's AD spin IMO, because i was told many years ago ND couldn't get Stanford or USC to come to ND last game or even late in the season.

Maybe I'm wrong, or was told wrong. I'm not sure why we wouldn't want to play USC in november occasionally to help us out. USC struggled on a chilly night in 2019 that was mid October.
You made it up. Take a lap

Reactions: sjb75
OP just wanted to start the griping against the AD early this year…from complaining about Purdue bye week to now the last game on schedule

• Haha
Reactions: Kelso86
Then that's AD spin IMO, because i was told many years ago ND couldn't get Stanford or USC to come to ND last game or even late in the season.

Maybe I'm wrong, or was told wrong. I'm not sure why we wouldn't want to play USC in november occasionally to help us out. USC struggled on a chilly night in 2019 that was mid October.
That went out in the 1950s.

Some people don't get that it takes two to tango.

That went out in the 1950s.

Some people don't get that it takes two to tango.
It absolutely does, and we bow our head to many other teams to get our schedule to work since we are independent.

We are still independent due to TV deal revenue. Not for the athletes or the team.

NDs schedule is going to get really wonky in a few years due to teams not wanting to play any tough games outside of their conference

It absolutely does, and we bow our head to many other teams to get our schedule to work since we are independent.

We are still independent due to TV deal revenue. Not for the athletes or the team.

NDs schedule is going to get really wonky in a few years due to teams not wanting to play any tough games outside of their conference
Never go to a conference

Revenue? ND would get a pay raise, at least in the short run, to join the BUG which would then demand an even higher payout.

Revenue? ND would get a pay raise, at least in the short run, to join the BUG which would then demand an even higher payout.
ND will make $50M from NBC and $17M from ACC this year, big ten paid out $60M to each of its members last year, so ND a little bit ahead. They also don't have to share bowl game/cfp payments.

• Haha
Reactions: ivan brunetti
ND will make $50M from NBC and $17M from ACC this year, big ten paid out $60M to each of its members last year, so ND a little bit ahead. They also don't have to share bowl game/cfp payments.
source?

Besides the $$$, the NBC contract (and playoff guidelines) provides 3 key benefits that Jack S sought;

1.) To be able to financially compete with everyone else.
2.) To have a fair end equitable path to the playoffs (now, you need to qualify of course).
3.) Allow ND to remain independent for the foreseeable future.

Jack Swarbick got ahead of this with the recent lucrative NBC TV contract deal. And the Notre Dame Admin also maintains what they cherish, Football Independence, as well as a fair path to the CFB playoff.

Reactions: Kelso86
"Revenue? ND would get a pay raise, at least in the short run, to join the BUG which would then demand an even higher payout."

In the end, it not solely about the $$$ -- it also about the 1 thing ND cherishes the most -- Football independence.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT