ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff committee not making sense

GoldCountryND

Irish Expert
Sep 8, 2018
Shocking I know. This kind of shit below makes no sense. Mullen’s is awful as the head of the committee.

Mullens was asked why the Cougars didn't make up any ground, despite crushing Arizona 69-28. The Sooners, on the other hand, had a tougher-than-expected time with Kansas in a 55-40 win.

"We spent considerable time talking about 6, 7, 8," Mullens told ESPN. "Obviously saw what Washington State did, putting up 55 points in the first half against Arizona. But again, looked at Oklahoma and that dynamic offense, and while their defense may still be struggling, their offense is carrying the day and still finding a way to win with their quarterback [Kyler Murray] being so dynamic."

Honestly at the end of the day these rankings are for banter and fans and that's it. They can just change their mind and move teams around wherever they want on the last vote. I remember when TCU was #3, won their game and then got moved down 2 spots.

defense may be struggling

from where I sit OK's D is PUTRID

BUT then again 6,7,8 really matters little; 1-4 is what is important

Yeah... a little baffling. One team dominate a somewhat decent team and the other won, but gave up 40 points, to a terrible team. You can sense bias here.

Biases? or a reluctance to be suckered by flash in the pan type teams in favor of more consistant contenders.

Shocking I know. This kind of shit below makes no sense. Mullen’s is awful as the head of the committee.

Mullens was asked why the Cougars didn't make up any ground, despite crushing Arizona 69-28. The Sooners, on the other hand, had a tougher-than-expected time with Kansas in a 55-40 win.

"We spent considerable time talking about 6, 7, 8," Mullens told ESPN. "Obviously saw what Washington State did, putting up 55 points in the first half against Arizona. But again, looked at Oklahoma and that dynamic offense, and while their defense may still be struggling, their offense is carrying the day and still finding a way to win with their quarterback [Kyler Murray] being so dynamic."
In other words Oklahoma brings more $$.

If all things are equal I guess you just ask yourself who would win on a neutral field. IMO as bad as OUs defense has played. I would pick them to beat WASU on a neutral field.

OU has some good players on defense but OMG they play awful football. Bad angles, poor tackling, lack of hustle, lousy alignment, poor technique.

This was the first full year removed from Bob Stoops. He coached Spring last year. And it shows on D.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT