ADVERTISEMENT

Other than

Izo

Posts Like A Champion
Nov 1, 2008
the lucky 2012 season ,12-1 , and we were lucky ,and 2015 , 10-3 , Kelly's record has been very average 8-4, ,8-5 type seasons . Major powers like LSU, Nebraska, Texas , Georgia , Oregon , USC, ,Michigan ,etc would not put up with mediocre seasons .In Kelly's 7 seasons ,only 2 notable seasons and when you look at it ,Kelly had only 1 signature win against Oklahoma in 2012 .

Is the administration happy with Kelly . Basically there has been no real progress . I think next year,even an 8-4 ,8-5 season will bring out the naysayers and can you blame them ?we don not reload ,we rebuild every 4 years. Acceptable ?

the lucky 2012 season ,12-1 , and we were lucky ,and 2015 , 10-3 , Kelly's record has been very average 8-4, ,8-5 type seasons . Major powers like LSU, Nebraska, Texas , Georgia , Oregon , USC, ,Michigan ,etc would not put up with mediocre seasons .In Kelly's 7 seasons ,only 2 notable seasons and when you look at it ,Kelly had only 1 signature win against Oklahoma in 2012 .

Is the administration happy with Kelly . Basically there has been no real progress . I think next year,even an 8-4 ,8-5 season will bring out the naysayers and can you blame them ?we don not reload ,we rebuild every 4 years. Acceptable ?
I want him gone as well. But to be fair to the record, he has had 2 major wins, OK and Stanford in 2012 (with CW's recruits I might add). He has had zero major wins with his own recruits.

Reactions: 88ND
Overall record for 7 years is 59 wins and soon to be 31 losses ,looks okay but of you take away the 2012 and 2015 record of 22-3 , ,Kelly is only 37-27 , really 5 mediocre years losing to a lot of teams that had less talent . As I am repeating , most big time programs would not put up with that . And next year ,is the administration really going to be happy with an 8-4, 8-5 type , Notre Dame die- hard fans are not . And does anybody really expect a complete turn around from 4-8 to 10-2 9-3 in 2017 ?I can see wins against Temple, Boston College , Miami of Ohio , Wake Forest and North Carolina St ( game at ND ), but the toughest games are also home , USC and Navy and ,Georgia. Then we play away at Michigan St., North Carolina , Miami,Stanford, all very tough games.

"Is the administration happy with Kelly . Basically there has been no real progress . I think next year, even an 8-4 ,8-5 season will bring out the naysayers and can you blame them"

That is something the administration has to address -- what are they satisfied with? Almost like the men's BB team -- 18 - 20 wins a year, get invited to the tournament yearly, every now and then, make a push to the elite 8. and maybe win the ACC in the process...I would love to listen to hose discussions between Jack and the administration...

Just wondering . Are we going to be a full member of the ACC and is that the intention of Swarbrick and the administration? With these mediocre seasons , Swarbrick and others will reason perhaps ,it is time to join sooner rather than later. Die- hard Domers want to remain independent and play a national schedule rather than 8-9 games in ACC ,plus Navy, USC and maybe 2 teams from mid- majors . Forget playing Michigan State, Oklahoma ,Georgia and any other SEC team , Texas ,Michigan ,Stanford, TCU.

Keeping Kelly and joining the ACC will kill ND football and the admin knows it.9

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT