ADVERTISEMENT

OT Stock Market

So that what it it......thank you

I've been putting some cash in AI since its relatively cheap for a year window which there was alot of reference to Project Omega
Which AI are you going in? Just curious.

Elon's AI company is x.ai. That is the group behind grok and is private. The bot is a project of Tesla called Optimus that is using a version of his FSD software.

Which AI are you going in? Just curious.

Elon's AI company is x.ai. That is the group behind grok and is private. The bot is a project of Tesla called Optimus that is using a version of his FSD software.
Sure :
JTAI
SOUN
BBAI
SMCT
STCN
All these were mentioned in regards to Poject Omega.
These will be long term obviously.
There's alot of deep pockets involved with Grok, but I thought this was for non profit

Last edited:
All this crypto AI and so on; why does it make me think about the dot.com crash?
Interesting you posted that. Charles Payne brought that up today on his show.
There was also the concern of the FED will cuts the rates to fast if they were to cut

Last edited:
What was the reason for the pullback this afternoon

Breather? Algos? Speculation on the Fed?

I'm approaching near highs. This is just a blip all in all. End of a near 2 year bear market?

Not sure. I do know markets remain overvalued. And I am convinced rates are normalizing to 4%-6% historical average.

I continue to dollar cost average in 401k and 529 funds. I buy only individual stocks if truly cheap.

Same as it ever was.

:D

Breather? Algos? Speculation on the Fed?

I'm approaching near highs. This is just a blip all in all. End of a near 2 year bear market?

Not sure. I do know markets remain overvalued. And I am convinced rates are normalizing to 4%-6% historical average.

I continue to dollar cost average in 401k and 529 funds. I buy only individual stocks if truly cheap.

Same as it ever was.

:D
First thanks for your time
I've been taking some online courses on financial strategies to get a feel for things i need to know.
I thougt it might of been corrections, but it's seemed odd all in unison, almost orchestrated without a word in any media.
I also thought some of the FED reserve banks were publicly disputing the chairmans dovish take last week

There are lots of things that can cause short term volatility. I listed some of them. I forgot profit taking. Maybe the algos did a lot of this? Human traders too?

It can seems like these things are orchestrated. But for me there are too many moving parts, factors, and calculations. And sometimes it's just natural that things happen...like the said profit taking.

I try not to overthink things. I remain watchful for deep opportunity. And I like to think things will revert to their norms...like national debt, interest rates, and the PE of the S&P500...hopefully gracefully.

There are lots of things that can cause short term volatility. I listed some of them. I forgot profit taking. Maybe the algos did a lot of this? Human traders too?

It can seems like these things are orchestrated. But for me there are too many moving parts, factors, and calculations. And sometimes it's just natural that things happen...like the said profit taking.

I try not to overthink things. I remain watchful for deep opportunity. And I like to think things will revert to their norms...like national debt, interest rates, and the PE of the S&P500...hopefully gracefully.
"I try not to overthink things"

Overthrowing this what I did last night.
Thanks

The Fed supposedly is against cutting rates this year; not a surprise but I hope they reconsider.

Trying to keep politics out of it m, but, policies from time to time effect the market on the short term
Now there is no denying the economy has improved some, but the cost to bring the economy back, but compound it with more spending.
Its just self inflicted and then add 2 wars, and the market has too much loose money and pull backs have been for me a bitter pill.
Predicting the bottom of a dip would be a nice trick lol

Trying to keep politics out of it m, but, policies from time to time effect the market on the short term
Now there is no denying the economy has improved some, but the cost to bring the economy back, but compound it with more spending.
Its just self inflicted and then add 2 wars, and the market has too much loose money and pull backs have been for me a bitter pill.
34 trillion in debt and counting

Predicting the top would also be pretty neat...

Reactions: deadirishpoet
I only saw one real balanced budget in my lifetime; I doubt I will see another
We as voters should demand a balance budget regardless of political party.
Congress has gotten lazy.
Half my life the norm was congress past a budget. That's why again regardless which party you've voted for someone who knew how to do it. It was part of out economics,and civics courses
Now congress is full of people who never had to do it, and don't know how.
There needs to be an amendment to the constitution that a balance budget needs to be implemented every one to two years.
We can donbetter and owe it to the future
We all budget why shouldn't our government
Now that would be a market mover

We as voters should demand a balance budget regardless of political party.
Congress has gotten lazy.
Half my life the norm was congress past a budget. That's why again regardless which party you've voted for someone who knew how to do it. It was part of out economics,and civics courses
Now congress is full of people who never had to do it, and don't know how.
There needs to be an amendment to the constitution that a balance budget needs to be implemented every one to two years.
We can donbetter and owe it to the future
We all budget why shouldn't our government
Now that would be a market mover
It would be huge. The effect on rates would be very significant if the government was not always hogging it all.

Sad thing is that so many vote for the candidate that promises them more spending. No one cares that you cannot borrow and borrow and borrow and NOT have it come back on you.

It would be huge. The effect on rates would be very significant if the government was not always hogging it all.

Sad thing is that so many vote for the candidate that promises them more spending. No one cares that you cannot borrow and borrow and borrow and NOT have it come back on you.

I consistently refer to a 134% debt:gdp ratio on a deeply imbalanced budget. It's only getting worse. Ironically, it won't crash the dollar, as the world underwrites our debt...acquiring more of our income and wealth.

It's not a trite point. Creditors get steady interest on their US t-bills and other debt. Of course they buy our stocks, bonds, and other assets. They know we are wealth producing engine and actually are INTELLIGENTLY harnessing it.

Ordinary Americans are taking opportunity costs by not getting the better jobs, having lower incomes and not investing, facing inflation. Owning assets is the main way to generate income and wealth, aside from a good job. Finally, the USA gini coefficient is interesting here: USA compares well, but only when you take into account public outlays and benefit...meaning the government is increasingly a part of the income stream.

Interesting times in this context.

I consistently refer to a 134% debt:gdp ratio on a deeply imbalanced budget. It's only getting worse. Ironically, it won't crash the dollar, as the world underwrites our debt...acquiring more of our income and wealth.

It's not a trite point. Creditors get steady interest on their US t-bills and other debt. Of course they buy our stocks, bonds, and other assets. They know we are wealth producing engine and actually are INTELLIGENTLY harnessing it.

Ordinary Americans are taking opportunity costs by not getting the better jobs, having lower incomes and not investing, facing inflation. Owning assets is the main way to generate income and wealth, aside from a good job. Finally, the USA gini coefficient is interesting here: USA compares well, but only when you take into account public outlays and benefit...meaning the government is increasingly a part of the income stream.

Interesting times in this context.
It's interesting yes, but not a surprise to me with the past 4 job reports(not including today)the government was the biggest employer.
To my liberal friends all im saying these are not military enlistment, so since the government doesn't create anything they are a net negative
The world might underwrite our debt, but the tax payer is the biggest holder then Japan then China then the UK..

It's interesting yes, but not a surprise to me with the past 4 job reports(not including today)the government was the biggest employer.
To my liberal friends all im saying these are not military enlistment, so since the government doesn't create anything they are a net negative
The world might underwrite our debt, but the tax payer is the biggest holder then Japan then China then the UK..
How anyone can think the huge budget deficits is other than a terrible thing is beyond me

How anyone can think the huge budget deficits is other than a terrible thing is beyond me
One administration or another need to take the bitter bill of correcting this and their presidency will be pummeled because handouts will need to be eliminated, Dept. of education will be crushed, Social programs will be hurt, and it might just come down to congress just spending money on the what tax dallors are meant for the Spending Clause gives Congress the power to “lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts, and Excises, to pay the Debts. Infrastructure, and provide for the common Defence of the United States."
Who will get that selfless American?

Last edited:
Reactions: BGI User 1596
One administration or another need to take the bitter bill of correcting thus and their presidency will be pummeled because handouts will need to be eliminated, Dept. of education will be crushed, Social programs will be hurt, and it might just come down to congress just spending money on the what tax dallors are meant for the Spending Clause gives Congress the power to “lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts, and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence of the United States."
Sadly not enough. Too many people with their hand out voting for those who promise more

One administration or another need to take the bitter bill of correcting thus and their presidency will be pummeled because handouts will need to be eliminated, Dept. of education will be crushed, Social programs will be hurt, and it might just come down to congress just spending money on the what tax dallors are meant for the Spending Clause gives Congress the power to “lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts, and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence of the United States."
https://nypost.com/2024/01/04/busin...s-top-65-boosted-by-stock-options-report/amp/. There’s apps that follow Congress & senators picks.

Last edited:

Owning assets is key. You need capital to own assets, which obviously offer growth and, more importantly, income. It's a positive feedback loop...building more wealth.

As to that, here is a breakdown of who owns USA debt. I think this upholds my point about skewing distribution of income and wealth. Debt holders are winning.

The ordinary Americans is under pressure, mired in negative cash flow, personal debt, and bleaker job prospects. The best jobs are open to global, mobile, well qualified labor. Consider a $1.7T student loan debt, with many degrees of marginal ROI. Such graduates cannot compete effectively and, ironically, won't do well paying dirty jobs.

The biggest irony: the USA nevertheless remains the greatest wealth producing engine. Again, foreigners know it's better to ride and help us here. Rather than fighting us directly. Why ruin a good thing?

We lack the political and cultural will to turn things around decisively. Too deep in partisan and identity politics. We will never again I think be united as we once were. We'll be a sophisticated dynamic of parallel societies...with the S&P500 continuing to produce 9% CAGR on an economy that is %20+ of global GDP.

For all my ranting, my main point: acquire those assets. I've done this over a lifetime and am well situated. My kids are investing in HS. They will need it compete with global labor and the AI bots. They know assets means the AI works for them.

Just my 2 cents man.

;)

As always, God bless my beautiful America. We've got some work to set things to right.

MW-GO672_nation_20180821130954_ZG.jpg

Reactions: HarlemIrish

We absolutely need to pare down debt. One way or the other, deep debt will hurt us.

As I explained in my past 2 posts, I don't believe it will classically crash our currency...but instead skew distribution of income and wealth so that more Americans live harder fiscal lives.

I guess it's back to the future. I study American life the past 100 years often enough. I also come from a peasant Croatian family that lived off the land...who experienced hunger and oppression during all this time.

I don't think it will get that bad in the USA. But maybe the 4th and 5th quintiles will live on much less than the rest. Poor education, culture, family values, and money management are coming to bear.

Owning assets is key. You need capital to own assets, which obviously offer growth and, more importantly, income. It's a positive feedback loop...building more wealth.

As to that, here is a breakdown of who owns USA debt. I think this upholds my point about skewing distribution of income and wealth. Debt holders are winning.

The ordinary Americans is under pressure, mired in negative cash flow, personal debt, and bleaker job prospects. The best jobs are open to global, mobile, well qualified labor. Consider a $1.7T student loan debt, with many degrees of marginal ROI. Such graduates cannot compete effectively and, ironically, won't do well paying dirty jobs.

The biggest irony: the USA nevertheless remains the greatest wealth producing engine. Again, foreigners know it's better to ride and help us here. Rather than fighting us directly. Why ruin a good thing?

We lack the political and cultural will to turn things around decisively. Too deep in partisan and identity politics. We will never again I think be united as we once were. We'll be a sophisticated dynamic of parallel societies...with the S&P500 continuing to produce 9% CAGR on an economy that is %20+ of global GDP.

For all my ranting, my main point: acquire those assets. I've done this over a lifetime and am well situated. My kids are investing in HS. They will need it compete with global labor and the AI bots. They know assets means the AI works for them.

Just my 2 cents man.

;)

As always, God bless my beautiful America. We've got some work to set things to right.

MW-GO672_nation_20180821130954_ZG.jpg

"Owning assets is key. You need capital to own assets, which obviously offer growth and, more importantly, income. It's a positive feedback loop...building more wealth."

Exactly......great paragraph
Its available to everyone, and if you don't believe you can take it from me.
I have nowhere near the skills that banmate6, or, johnOgaunt have in 3 months i went from 36k to 56k in a personal account. It would of been more if I understood patterns, but the point is put money in valued stocks and it can grow.

Now I moved a couple thousand in some cheap AI stocks expecting most to be digs with fleas, but one looks promising.
Crypto is getting a serious look from congress with a decision for Ripple represents a clear overall victory for Ripple Labs, and a striking blow to the SEC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT