ADVERTISEMENT

OT Stock Market

Thoughts on BYD vs Rivian

BYD seem to have a steady fluctuation nothing drastic but need to find something to get them over their 52 week high....I'm think AI
Rivian (RIVN) has taken a beating. and will know more February 12 for its 4th qter earnings, but AT&T, and Ford just signed a contract to use their vehicles.
It seems their supplier issues have hurt them massive.
Jan 2021 they were $145 a share, now they are $14 and change .....ouch.
That could bring a lot of opportunities and I'm going to keep them on my radar....
Thanks

BYD seem to have a steady fluctuation nothing drastic but need to find something to get them over their 52 week high....I'm think AI
Rivian (RIVN) has taken a beating. and will know more February 12 for its 4th qter earnings, but AT&T, and Ford just signed a contract to use their vehicles.
It seems their supplier issues have hurt them massive.
Jan 2021 they were $145 a share, now they are $14 and change .....ouch.
That could bring a lot of opportunities and I'm going to keep them on my radar....
Thanks
I own some Rivian stock. The hype around it originally was they were going to capture the EV market for trucks by being first to market and years ahead of the competition. I cashed out when the hype was over the top optimistic, and recently bought again. There supply chain issues during the pandemic really hurt their ability to deliver on their strategic goal, and now they face a lot of competition. See it strictly as a short term play for me.

I own some Rivian stock. The hype around it originally was they were going to capture the EV market for trucks by being first to market and years ahead of the competition. I cashed out when the hype was over the top optimistic, and recently bought again. There supply chain issues during the pandemic really hurt their ability to deliver on their strategic goal, and now they face a lot of competition. See it strictly as a short term play for me.
I bought some myself.....pretty awesome price kinda no lose

No such thing in my experience. I’ve bought a half dozen stocks over the decades that looked too cheap to lose, and I lost.
Tesla is more than electric cars. I've already made 3 grand sold half and bought PANW.
another quality stock that slipped for the moment

Last edited:
Yes sir.
I'm glad you remembered
I bought 1500 shares at $1.66 and now it's over $4.00..
Did you consider it?
It's still a good buy at $4, but, it might crawl up and down a few months before the next surge. It's a unique stock in AI as it deals onsouly with voice/sound applications
The other 4 cheap AI had I dumped early taking a total loss of $375

Last edited:
Reactions: john0gaunt
Yeah it's the President's fault. Jesus Christ is every freaking thing political? You do realize that our inflation rate is lower than all the other developed countries, yes? And unemployment is at a consistent all time low, yes?
Being the tallest hill in Kansas still doesn't make it a tall hill.

• Haha
Reactions: HarlemIrish
Check out Salesforce Inc. It's around $300 a pop but some talking heads feel it's a $400 stock

Check out Salesforce Inc. It's around $300 a pop but some talking heads feel it's a $400 stock
And NVIDIA can be a $1000

When PANW hits $325 I'm dumping it all and moving on to the next money maker and AI is running strong......though in the end I feel AI could do more harm than good

Tesla down again timeto by again.
The patern here for shirt term traders is obvious
Simple term;
I bought a hundred shares @ $183.00 sold it all at $215 seven business days later.
Easy $3000, and it's happening again.
Theses drops are due to fed talk and everyone know the feds not cutting any rates soon, so why the sell off? Some saybyhe factories where told to a slow, but Tesla is more than a electric car company
So I haven't figure this out, but it creates great opportunities.
The same for SNOW though you might have to st on that one a little longer.

Apple 🍏 stock 169. Maybe it drops some more
Lot of headwinds for Apple right now. Major decline in phone sales in China…fights with The EU over their app developer policies…major failure and major loss of investment in dropping the Apple Auto. They have to develop a major new source of revenue.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
SOUN is now $9.3 a share up $5 a month ago.
It becoming a major produce with entertainment and, restaurants with NVIDIA investing more than they did in 2017.
Still cheap to get into early

Between the Feds confusion, and our president threating allies took a good day and in 40 minutes erased most gains
Personally, I don’t care at all about one day emotional moves by the market. Overall, the market will react to economic news that it deems positive for business. Right now, the market is confused or conflicted, not the Fed. The market wants to see strong economic growth as today’s job market data supports. At the same time, the market wants to see signs of weakness that will give the Fed reasons to lower interest rates and ease the money supply. Today, the market is reacting positively to the excellent jobs growth number, and Monday it might react negatively to the Fed holding tight.

Personally, I don’t care at all about one day emotional moves by the market. Overall, the market will react to economic news that it deems positive for business. Right now, the market is confused or conflicted, not the Fed. The market wants to see strong economic growth as today’s job market data supports. At the same time, the market wants to see signs of weakness that will give the Fed reasons to lower interest rates and ease the money supply. Today, the market is reacting positively to the excellent jobs growth number, and Monday it might react negatively to the Fed holding tight.
The Fed is the reason for this volatility.
The Fed is still dangling rate cuts and keeps pushing them back when its clear there's some talk (rightly so) that there won't be a cut but possibly raised, and the jobs report compounds this
The Chinese government feeding the U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen hallucinogenic while she was over there, and the biden administration says nothing?
When you day trade everything matters, and the closer it gets to the election the more difficult it will be
The market is being lead by the nose by the Fed intentionally this much is clear.
Completely one of the most incompetent Feds in our history

The Fed is still dangling rate cuts and keeps pushing them back when its clear there's some talk (rightly so) that there won't be a cut but possibly raised, and the jobs report compounds this
The Chinese government feeding the U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen hallucinogenic while she was over there, and the biden administration says nothing?
When you day trade everything matters, and the closer it gets to the election the more difficult it will be
The market is being lead by the nose by the Fed intentionally this much is clear.
Yep
for the first time ever they just might get a soft landing and they are working over time to screw it up

Well, I don’t day trade…I simply invest in the market. As for the Fed., they engineered a soft landing of sorts that most experts believed was not possible. The predicted recession did not result from the higher interest rates and money tightening they orchestrated. Most economist declared victory, but I’m not inclined to declare a Fed victory or sustained soft landing until inflation is brought more under control, and a recession avoided. While the recession part has been avoided thus far, Consumer spending continues to exceed expectations, and the rate of inflation remains around 3.2%, well above the target rate of 2%. Cutting interest rates will only exacerbate the rate of inflation. I think this Fed has done a very good job thus far reigning in inflation that was in excess of 8% with all the damn Federal spending, while avoiding a recession, but the job is not yet complete.

As for Yellen’s China experience, this was covered by mainstream media…CNN and Washington Post, among others. She ate a “magic mushroom” as part of the meal served at a high end restaurant. If properly prepared, these have zero affects, and she and others in the party experienced zero affects.

DIP, we both love ND football, but we see politics and world events through a different lens. And that’s OK. As a lifelong Republican, I no longer recognize my Party and have recently changed to independent. Republican leaders that I admire are now called RINOS. Happy to exchange thoughts and opinions off topic like the stock market, but these invariably carry political overtones, and wildly different views; and those views are better suited for political oriented blogs. I rather talk ND football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT