ADVERTISEMENT

OT ND to invite VP Mike Pence to Commencement

Trump people say Attorney General Jeff Sessions was acting as a then-U.S. senator when he talked to Russia’s ambassador at an event during last year’s Republican National Convention in Cleveland, but Sessions paid for convention travel expenses out of his own political funds and he spoke about Donald Trump’s campaign at the event, according to a person at the event and campaign-finance records.

--- WSJ

Yes, you meet with them and then you tell the truth about it (unless you have something to hide.)

They were colluding with the Russians to steal this election. They succeeded in undermining our democracy. Yet you celebrate that.

Comrades.

Perhaps the United States was already undermined, compromised, and stolen by the democratic party and globalists. Russia is one of the few countries NOT in bed with the globalists. Seems to me the Russians helped us get our country back. I suppose you might not agree if you care more about foreign born migrants than say you're own citizens, or you care more about transgender bathrooms than say getting American's back to work, etc. etc.

raw

Reactions: deadirishpoet
I would never think ND is "reprehensible and disgusting" and hope that part of your post was a 'rant'. However, I do understand your feelings toward ND. Fortunately, I was sent a survey a few weeks ago asking my opinion of the school. I replied back stating they are becoming too politically correct and have lost their unique nature among universities by going along with the liberal agenda. Will probably not make a difference but it felt good to get that off my chest with the university.

Thanks Irish Grandeur,
I have loved ND since I was a very young boy attending Catholic School. While ND was always my
dream school, even with the GI bill, It was way out of my reach financially. So instead, I attended a local
Jesuit College and worked a night job to pay my way. Thinking back , I would not trade my educational experience for any other ( No offense to ND intended ) . There was, and hopefully still is, something unique about the Jesuits. Although, taking Georgetown as an example, I doubt that any Catholic college is still as Catholic as in 1960 when I graduated?
I was very disappointed with ND inviting Obama for obvious reasons, and , not knowing who is and who is not an ND grad on this Board, I am appalled by the mumber of people who are so PC and so far removed from the Catholic Faith that I was brought up with, and in spite of not leading a Saintly live, I still always fell back on my Catholic Faith for forgiveness and consolation.
Thanks for expressing your feelings to your alma mater, and ,hopefully , your imput as well as the imput of other ND alums, can get ND back closser to its original mission !
On thing for certain, In times of need, Our Blessed Mother ( The Lady On the Dome ) has always been there for me !

Reactions: Irish Grandeur
My point is in the post. If you don't get it I can't help you
Well my point is ...the Pope...Fr. Jenkins....maybe it's a you problem. Not a they problem. Both guys will still gladly take a donation from you...

Also-to everyone else- I skew down the middle, don't go for either sides rally cry. Donald Trump was a pig of a person here in NY (always has been), i don't suppose he changed. BUT policy is policy and I can get behind what is the right track. I won't hero worship him, those that do are invalidating "Right" political thought when you share INFOWARS photos and talking points:

Where is that Schumer photo from? Can you answer? when where why? If you can't don't victory dance over it, you are embarrassing yourself. Alex Jones is the worst thing to happen to the republican party don't empower him, we'll all end up with a lot of dirt on our hands.

Well my point is ...the Pope...Fr. Jenkins....maybe it's a you problem. Not a they problem. Both guys will still gladly take a donation from you...

Also-to everyone else- I skew down the middle, don't go for either sides rally cry. Donald Trump was a pig of a person here in NY (always has been), i don't suppose he changed. BUT policy is policy and I can get behind what is the right track. I won't hero worship him, those that do are invalidating "Right" political thought when you share INFOWARS photos and talking points:

Where is that Schumer photo from? Can you answer? when where why? If you can't don't victory dance over it, you are embarrassing yourself. Alex Jones is the worst thing to happen to the republican party don't empower him, we'll all end up with a lot of dirt on our hands.

It's not my problem I understood exactly what I've posted, but I imagine you know the Pope has met with President Trump unlike Fr Jenkins.
Obviously the Pope wanted to listen to the man. Fr Jenkins needs to grow a pair. Obviously NOT an inclusive leader.

Thanks Irish Grandeur,
I have loved ND since I was a very young boy attending Catholic School. While ND was always my
dream school, even with the GI bill, It was way out of my reach financially. So instead, I attended a local
Jesuit College and worked a night job to pay my way. Thinking back , I would not trade my educational experience for any other ( No offense to ND intended ) . There was, and hopefully still is, something unique about the Jesuits. Although, taking Georgetown as an example, I doubt that any Catholic college is still as Catholic as in 1960 when I graduated?
I was very disappointed with ND inviting Obama for obvious reasons, and , not knowing who is and who is not an ND grad on this Board, I am appalled by the mumber of people who are so PC and so far removed from the Catholic Faith that I was brought up with, and in spite of not leading a Saintly live, I still always fell back on my Catholic Faith for forgiveness and consolation.
Thanks for expressing your feelings to your alma mater, and ,hopefully , your imput as well as the imput of other ND alums, can get ND back closser to its original mission !
On thing for certain, In times of need, Our Blessed Mother ( The Lady On the Dome ) has always been there for me !
You are a blessed man rgc7. You speak from your heart and God knows hearts. Never change!

I couldn't agree more. After Jenkins statement on immigration and those of faculty and the student board, there's no question where ND stands on obeying the Federal Laws on immigration. I know that I wouldn't feel welcome at ND now. I believe in obeying the laws of the land and strong boarders.

Toby me too. My knees don't like stairs anymore nor standing still for long periods of time.
You are not alone.

Obamacare wire tapping = he makes Nixon look honest!
IRS abuse

Fast and Furious

Benghazi vs video tap

The DOJ seized Associated Press phone records as well as phone and email records from Fox News reporter James Rosen

The NSA conducted mass surveillance against American citizens without a warrant

I can go on and on

Reactions: Irish Grandeur
I was sure that was the reason, but did not President Obama also cause controversity ?

He will add class to the event unlike the criminal that is setting up another server for E-mails to get hacked.

Who was it that secretly said to Russian President, "Tell Vladimir that after the election I'll have more flexibility?" Comrade Obamski has a lot to answer for! Maybe Comrade Schumerski was crying because they got caught!

if you are still a Trump supporter then you have zero morals, zero ethics, zero values

Reactions: NIN Irish
That's hilarious coming from intolerant libtards and there great ethical values! Lols

BGI,
That is truly hilarious ! It seem that the " jokers" are running wild with their meaningless comments and talking points, so I have my list of those that I just ignore ! No sense trying to reason with the unreasonable and intolerant ?
Unfortunately, that is where we are as a country. Most universities are so politically correct and their
students so " Brain washed " in political correctness, that they will not even invite a conservative to speak
to the student body.
Those Universities that invite a conservative do so at the risk of ,at a minimun ,having the speaker
disrupted or hit by a pie ! Not to mention shouting and even violent demonstrations !
Notice that when I started the tread why Pence and not Trump, the answer was that Pense
was less " Controversal ". I think that says it all ? When a University is either so PC or fearful of inviting
The President of the United States, I think that it is time to stop paying the inflated tuition , stop donating
our money, and stop sending our federal grants to our Universities ?
If Universities and their faculties are so closed minded to an open exchange of Ideas, they are
no longer Universities. A one sided education is not a " Liberal " education !

Reactions: BGI User 1596
BGI,
That is truly hilarious ! It seem that the " jokers" are running wild with their meaningless comments and talking points, so I have my list of those that I just ignore ! No sense trying to reason with the unreasonable and intolerant ?
Unfortunately, that is where we are as a country. Most universities are so politically correct and their
students so " Brain washed " in political correctness, that they will not even invite a conservative to speak
to the student body.
Those Universities that invite a conservative do so at the risk of ,at a minimun ,having the speaker
disrupted or hit by a pie ! Not to mention shouting and even violent demonstrations !
Notice that when I started the tread why Pence and not Trump, the answer was that Pense
was less " Controversal ". I think that says it all ? When a University is either so PC or fearful of inviting
The President of the United States, I think that it is time to stop paying the inflated tuition , stop donating
our money, and stop sending our federal grants to our Universities ?
If Universities and their faculties are so closed minded to an open exchange of Ideas, they are
no longer Universities. A one sided education is not a " Liberal " education ![
I do admit that I was against ND inviting because ND is ( or Was )a Catholic University, and Obama was against The teachings of the Catholic Church ! So actually, from a religious point of view, Obama was a lot more controversal than Trump. At least Trump is not a Pro Abortion President !QUOTE]

Goes to show how ND is no longer your father's ND.

Harlem,
How you doing Buddy ? How does it feel to have a New Yorker In the White House. I love that accent !! He speaks " Real New York English " I love hearing him speak. He talks just like we do !

Reactions: HarlemIrish
Pence could be be president by then ha

Time to face Reality, Trump is , and Baring an untimely demise, President Trump will not only be our president for 4 years, but for 8 years, and then Pence will most likely continue Trump's success for another 8 years.
Enjoy !

Time to face Reality, Trump is , and Baring an untimely demise, President Trump will not only be our president for 4 years, but for 8 years, and then Pence will most likely continue Trump's success for another 8 years.
Enjoy !

If he does these three things then I'm happy. Reduces the corporate tax rate from 35% to 15%. Get's rid of the Obama Care. Stacks the Supreme Court with jurists that actually believe in the Constitution not ideologues. For gravy? Fix the immigration problem that's been a huge headache for 30 plus years. Wall, Over stayed visa's, and HB1 visas which has been abused by silicon valley.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT