ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Death, Taxes and Lebron James

Lebron got his ass handed to him? Are you sure you watched these series? Denver was #1 seed and odds on fav to win it last year & is the 2 seed this year. All but 1 game in the last 2 years came down to the wire. Lebron was great in both series.
This is LeBron's team. You know this. LeBron is the reason all the young talent was traded out. He is why Russell Westbrook was brought in.

Lakers management has acquiesced to LeBron for 6 years, and will continue to.

There's no Pat Riley running the Lakers to tell LeBron to shut the fu.. up and play basketball.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Really? It doesn't matter how good you are if your team sucks. One guy isn't going to carry a team into the playoffs.
Lebron did his first 7 years. And Jordan did before Pippen

Bottom line, all he had to get to was 42 wins to make the playoffs and he had Rip Hamilton on his team

I dont like talking down on Mike because he was my favorite player and he played r3ally well for a 38 year old. But Lebron was better at the same age

I dont even want to talk and compare the 2 anymore. It's annoying. They are the 2 best players to ever live. 2 of my favorite players ever and I'm glad I got to see both of them

Lebron did his first 7 years. And Jordan did before Pippen

Bottom line, all he had to get to was 42 wins to make the playoffs and he had Rip Hamilton on his team

I dont like talking down on Mike because he was my favorite player and he played r3ally well for a 38 year old. But Lebron was better at the same age

I dont even want to talk and compare the 2 anymore. It's annoying. They are the 2 best players to ever live. 2 of my favorite players ever and I'm glad I got to see both of them
What’s your narrative why LeBron does not have as many titles as MJ, despite playing 6 more seasons?

What’s your narrative why LeBron does not have as many titles as MJ, despite playing 6 more seasons?
He should have 5. He messed up the Dallas series, that is on him. He has to own that. Although you can say only he could have beat that Warrior team so 4 is the right number but that is up for debate.

But other than that, the talent he went up against in the Finals in insane. Every team he lost to had at least 3 hall of famers and a hall of fame coach. Some of the teams had 4 Hall of Famers on them. And unfortunately for him, some unfortunate injuries to his teammates.

Whats your narrative why MJ doesnt have as many titles as Russell and Havlichick?

He should have 5. He messed up the Dallas series, that is on him. He has to own that. Although you can say only he could have beat that Warrior team so 4 is the right number but that is up for debate.

But other than that, the talent he went up against in the Finals in insane. Every team he lost to had at least 3 hall of famers and a hall of fame coach. Some of the teams had 4 Hall of Famers on them. And unfortunately for him, some unfortunate injuries to his teammates.

Whats your narrative why MJ doesnt have as many titles as Russell and Havlichick?
Regarding Michael at 6 titles and LeBron at 4 titles in 21 seasons, Thank You for the excuses.

If you want to shift the goalposts off LeBron and MJ.....great.

Regarding Michael at 6 titles and LeBron at 4 titles in 21 seasons, Thank You for the excuses.

If you want to shift the goalposts off LeBron and MJ.....great.
Well you are the one who cares about rings as end all be all. I dont. And I answered your question with an honest non cocky response

I then asked you a question only because you care about rings so much, and you return the favor with a cocky response.

If you want to have a debate, cool. If you want to be a douche, don't ask me anymore questions

I was referring to Mels(golson) comment that they didn't play physical or were not as strong as they were today. I would love to see Rodman or Lambeer play defense against Labronny. He would be crying like the little biotch he is
Lebron can be extremely physical when he chooses and there is nothing anyone can do. He would punish both of them.

James is one of the most impressive athletes in my lifetime. I saw him play his first NBA game in Sacramento, and his power, overall athletic ability, above the rim play, basketball IQ, etc… were off the charts then as a teenager.
His game has changed with aging, and what I notice most are his turnovers and standing flat footed until he gets the ball. Otherwise, he is incredibly powerful in his drives, and his three point shooting has improved with age. Can’t stand the whining on every missed shot or turnover; and I hate his occasional racist statements; but he’s one incredible basketball player who is performing at unheard of levels for his age.

James is one of the most impressive athletes in my lifetime. I saw him play his first NBA game in Sacramento, and his power, overall athletic ability, above the rim play, basketball IQ, etc… were off the charts then as a teenager.
His game has changed with aging, and what I notice most are his turnovers and standing flat footed until he gets the ball. Otherwise, he is incredibly powerful in his drives, and his three point shooting has improved with age. Can’t stand the whining on every missed shot or turnover; and I hate his occasional racist statements; but he’s one incredible basketball player who is performing at unheard of levels for his age.
It is his pre game ritual that bothers me. He doesn’t do it (same) all the time, but there is 1 thing he occasionally throws in. I have only seen a photo of him doing it , so I do not know how often it shows. Otherwise: an awesome athlete.

• Haha
Reactions: francade
Agree. I vacillate between a top 5 all time player, and top 10. Hands to the fire I would place him at 4 after MJ, Magic Johnson, and Jabbar.

“Agree. I vacillate between a top 5 all time player, and top 10.”

👍🏻

“Agree. I vacillate between a top 5 all time player, and top 10.”

👍🏻
The all time starting top 5, most would say, is Magic at the 1, MJ at the 2, LeBron at the 3, and Kareem at the 5.

The 4 is really difficult. Tim Duncan? Karl Malone? Kevin Garnett?

Probably Duncan.

Not my list, but a damn good one.
So the only player in the history of the NBA with 20 All NBA seasons out of 21. Is the only player that is #1 in scoring and top 5 in ast and has a shot to be top 20 all time in rebounds. The only the player in NBA history with a shot to make 3 all decade teams is maybe top 5 or top 10 got it.

“So the only player in the history of the NBA with 20 All NBA seasons out of 21. Is the only player that is #1 in scoring and top 5 in ast and has a shot to be top 20 all time in rebounds. The only the player in NBA history with a shot to make 3 all decade teams is maybe top 5 or top 10 got it.”

If it’s about longevity of greatness and accumulation of stats, Lebron takes the crown, but if you’re asking me who combined winning, overall basketball skill & broad scoring abilities, yes, I have him top-5 to top-10. So think about that. A fan is saying that Lebron is top-5 or top-10 all time & not 1 or 2, and another fan is up in arms. Which fan is being over the top? It’s not like I’m calling the guy a bum, I’m calling him top-5 or top-10 of all time. You guys like to talk about how emotional some fans get, what about you Lebron worshippers? All up in arms cuz some fans don’t think a player is as good as you do all-time? No, instead, you attack the poster as if they’re some crazy old kooks. Give it a rest, you guys think Lebron is the best of all time, not everyone is gonna agree w/ you & that’s okay.

“So the only player in the history of the NBA with 20 All NBA seasons out of 21. Is the only player that is #1 in scoring and top 5 in ast and has a shot to be top 20 all time in rebounds. The only the player in NBA history with a shot to make 3 all decade teams is maybe top 5 or top 10 got it.”

If it’s about longevity of greatness and accumulation of stats, Lebron takes the crown, but if you’re asking me who combined winning, overall basketball skill & broad scoring abilities, yes, I have him top-5 to top-10. So think about that. A fan is saying that Lebron is top-5 or top-10 all time & not 1 or 2, and another fan is up in arms. Which fan is being over the top? It’s not like I’m calling the guy a bum, I’m calling him top-5 or top-10 of all time. You guys like to talk about how emotional some fans get, what about you Lebron worshippers? All up in arms cuz some fans don’t think a player is as good as you do all-time? No, instead, you attack the poster as if they’re some crazy old kooks. Give it a rest, you guys think Lebron is the best of all time, not everyone is gonna agree w/ you & that’s okay.
If someone says MJ or Lebron isn't top 5 Id react the same way. That is a crazy opinion to have. To each their own but Id debate them all the same

Lebron & AD were awesome this series & played Joker and Murray to a draw. Michael Porter Jr was the game changer. His scoring and critical 3 pointers in game 2 & 5 were what put Denver over the top. Denver not as good as last year their bench isnt as good and 3pt shooting not as elite as it was last year. I dont think they have enough to repeat. Lakers series took alot of them physically as well.
Yes, and we can’t ignore Gordon’s impact on these games as well. But I thought coaching played a bigger role here than what we usually see in the playoffs. You don’t play a one arm Davis for several minutes waiting for the stinger to calm down. Davis is not the kind of player who is capable of ignoring and playing through pain, and thought it was a major mistake not to sit him for several minutes. And you have to wonder about Jame’s usage when he’s standing around watching Adam Reeves dominating the ball and taking the most important shots the last couple minutes of a close game.
Agree about Denver. I think the Celtics beat them if they both reach the finals, but the Celtics desperately need Porzingas to play and play well. Hell, they need him just to reach the finals. Something I never thought I would say based on his career before this year.

Yes, and we can’t ignore Gordon’s impact on these games as well. But I thought coaching played a bigger role here than what we usually see in the playoffs. You don’t play a one arm Davis for several minutes waiting for the stinger to calm down. Davis is not the kind of player who is capable of ignoring and playing through pain, and thought it was a major mistake not to sit him for several minutes. And you have to wonder about Jame’s usage when he’s standing around watching Adam Reeves dominating the ball and taking the most important shots the last couple minutes of a close game.
Agree about Denver. I think the Celtics beat them if they both reach the finals, but the Celtics desperately need Porzingas to play and play well. Hell, they need him just to reach the finals. Something I never thought I would say based on his career before this year.
I dont think they need Porzingis to reach the Finals honestly. They have about as easy a path as you can have. Winner of Magic and Cavs, they arent losing that. Then Giannis and Dame are beat up. Joel is beat up. Randle is out for the Knicks. Maybe if those bigs get healthy but neither might not even make it there

This path to the Finals is one of the easiest I have seen. Playing the 8 seed without their best player. It's Championship or bust for the Celtics

Well stated. Extremely well stated.

I dont think they need Porzingis to reach the Finals honestly. They have about as easy a path as you can have. Winner of Magic and Cavs, they arent losing that. Then Giannis and Dame are beat up. Joel is beat up. Randle is out for the Knicks. Maybe if those bigs get healthy but neither might not even make it there

This path to the Finals is one of the easiest I have seen. Playing the 8 seed without their best player. It's Championship or bust for the Celtics
Personally hope we don’t have to find out. Porzingis has been a better rim protector than I ever imagined, and his outside shooting opens up the lane for Brown and others. I really want to see Boston and Denver in the finals, each at full strength.

That will be a great series but Minnesota will give Denver all they can handle I think. There’s a couple good series coming up in the west.

So lets take your metric:
Combined winning Lebron has most playoff wins, most playoff series wins, 4 titles 4 Finals MVPs (should really have 5.) Has 2 game 7 Finals masterpieces,
Overall bball skill: Lebron #1 all time scorer never ave below 25 ppg. Only player to be top 5 in both ast and points and the next closest isnt even in top 30. Has an outside chance of finishing top 20 in rebs. 4 regular season MVPs 20 All NBA's
So by your own criteria Lebron is the GOAT.

So lets take your metric:
Combined winning Lebron has most playoff wins, most playoff series wins, 4 titles 4 Finals MVPs (should really have 5.) Has 2 game 7 Finals masterpieces,
Overall bball skill: Lebron #1 all time scorer never ave below 25 ppg. Only player to be top 5 in both ast and points and the next closest isnt even in top 30. Has an outside chance of finishing top 20 in rebs. 4 regular season MVPs 20 All NBA's
So by your own criteria Lebron is the GOAT.
Let it go.

PSA: THIS IS NOT A GOAT DEBATE OR A POLITICAL THREAD

All im gonna say is how can he still be playing at this level in year fricking 21?
While it's still early in the season the dude is still performing like a legit top 10 player in the league. He defies NBA logic. When he goes off the court the Lakers fall apart when he is on the court their a +21.
I fully expect the haters to come out in full force, but at some point yall owe him atleast a golf clap of respect.
To "Let It Go." This is the original thread.

The OP is a LeBron guy.

So be it.

To "Let It Go." This is the original thread.

The OP is a LeBron guy.

So be it.
Go back and read the thread it was the MJ sh!tbirds that made it a GOAT debate because they cant stand Lebron doing something MJ never did.

Spot on. You can make an argument for 5-7 better players than Lebron..MJ you can’t make an argument for 1 (the Lebron discussion is asinine).

Spot on. You can make an argument for 5-7 better players than Lebron..MJ you can’t make an argument for 1 (the Lebron discussion is asinine).
Well stated; although, I now have LeBron at 4. But to your point, I could argue as well that 2-3 others belong over LeBron.

Like you, Michael Jordan sits alone for me. No hesitation.

“So lets take your metric:
So by your own criteria Lebron is the GOAT.”

All you did was list stats that have been accumulated over 20 years. I said that if you talk about longevity, there’s no one that has played at that level for so long, but there have been players, imo, that have been better overall players during their primes. So no, going by my criteria, Lebron is top 10.

“So lets take your metric:
So by your own criteria Lebron is the GOAT.”

All you did was list stats that have been accumulated over 20 years. I said that if you talk about longevity, there’s no one that has played at that level for so long, but there have been players, imo, that have been better overall players during their primes. So no, going by my criteria, Lebron is top 10.
Well stated. LeBron, as you said, definitely wins the lets play for 21 seasons longevity award. And 22 seasons next year at age 40. Full respect there.

Well stated. LeBron, as you said, definitely wins the lets play for 21 seasons longevity award. And 22 seasons next year at age 40. Full respect there.
He wins the longevity award and the dominance in peak with anyone as well.

4 regular season MVPs but probably should be about 8. That has nothing to do with longevity

He wins the longevity award and the dominance in peak with anyone as well.

4 regular season MVPs but probably should be about 8. That has nothing to do with longevity
That's why I place LeBron top 5. After MJ, Magic Johnson, and Kareem. You are correct.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT