ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Death, Taxes and Lebron James

You don’t have to agree, Golson. I know you’re a big fan of his. If you don’t think there’s a narrative that he’s an angry dude, I don’t know what to tell you, it’s out there. He’s an entitled crybaby that’s had his ass kissed his entire life & he still acts like a douche most of the time. Again, you may not see it, but a lot of people do.
The entitled crybaby thing I can see although I dont agree with it. That's a legit argument to make

The angry dude part not even close. If you follow him closely, thats not really accurate at all

What a bunch of BS, so so much pressure. No one gives a rats ass what this racists political views are. Play the game and quit being a little cry baby bitch all the time.
Its been common knowledge since Lebron came into the league he gets less "superstar calls" because he is the Shaq of guards.

The four-time league MVP has drawn a foul on just 6% of his drives this season, according to Second Spectrum data, which is the eighth-lowest rate among the 34 players to record 70 or more drives in the 2023-2024 season.

“He takes a beating every time he drives, and you have to put hands on him,” Walton said. “You have to put elbows into him because of his size and strength. He probably – if you looked at video – he could probably shoot 100 free throws a game if everything was called, but it was the same when I played with [Shaquille O’Neal]. Shaq used to get fouled a lot and not get free throws but he does a great job of playing through that either way and making plays.

Lebron hater Skip Bayless “I’ve told you that he deserves more calls than he gets. But his free throw shooting is still so pathetic,”

I don’t think it’s common knowledge. It may be for some, but to say that he doesn’t get calls is a stretch. Those “drives to the basket” stats don’t tell the whole story. We watch the games, he gets calls just like other stars. And the flopping on defense is amongst the worst, if not the worst in the league. Those are all bad calls that he benefits from. But he’ll first in line in the press conference to bitch about his perceived bad calls against him or his team. Not an overall great look for a guy that some call the best ever, imo. Like I said, not my cup of tea in any way, but definitely one of the best to lace them up, no doubt.

“The angry dude part not even close. If you follow him closely, thats not really accurate at all”

Golson, I’m going by what a friend told me that worked closely w/ wade and his family during the Lebron heat years. He spent time w/ both families and their kids, & his takeaway was that they were both aholes. Some of the shit he said he heard wouldn’t make you think he’s a great guy. Whatever, I’m done w/ lebrenda talk.

“The angry dude part not even close. If you follow him closely, thats not really accurate at all”

Golson, I’m going by what a friend told me that worked closely w/ wade and his family during the Lebron heat years. He spent time w/ both families and their kids, & his takeaway was that they were both aholes. Some of the shit he said he heard wouldn’t make you think he’s a great guy. Whatever, I’m done w/ lebrenda talk.
Not that you care, but when you call the man Lebrenda I can't take anything you say serious

Being an ahole and being an angry guy are 2 different things btw. And I think people would say MJ was a huge ahole, and no one cares. Some of his teammates did but you get what I mean

You’re right, I don’t care that you don’t take anything I say seriously cuz I call him lebrenda. And I don’t give a shit that MJ was an ahole either. I would say most of the time in front of the camera, he wasn’t a crying little bitch though, like lebrenda.

You’re right, I don’t care that you don’t take anything I say seriously cuz I call him lebrenda. And I don’t give a shit that MJ was an ahole either. I would say most of the time in front of the camera, he wasn’t a crying little bitch though, like lebrenda.
Yeah he cried all the time to the refs and he got all the calls. Who cares

Whatever you say, Golson. Jordan bitched as much as Lebron. Don’t care about either of them enough to continue talking about the goat and lebrenda though.

I’m about as obsessed as you are defending him. Take it easy, Mrs. James. Everything’s gonna be okay.

No it’s factual, MJ is the undisputed GOAT. Message board NARPs don’t change that, it’s kinda like the gender debate.
Greatest NBA player who ever lived. And you are correct. Outlier thinking goes on everywhere on every subject.

Greatest NBA player who ever lived. And you are correct. Outlier thinking goes on everywhere on every subject.
NBA players are split on who the GOAT is, but go on about this being an outlier thinking.

The greats, coaches and players have spoken on Leflop

ALL OF THEM CAN'T BE LYING!!!

◾ Phil Jackson: “I watch Lebron James, For example. He might travel every other time he catches the basketball.”

◾ Dennis Rodman: “If Lebron was playing in the late ‘80s or early ‘90s, he'd be just an average player.”

◾ Paul Pierce: “Losing, flopping, and acting, It might be the greatest legacy of Lebron James has ever done for the league.”

◾ Dwyane Wade: “If we are talking about who is the greatest player of all time, definitely Lebron is not the right answer. There is one and only guy deserve to be the GOAT, It’s Michael Jordan.”

◾ Hakeem Olajuwon : “Lebron is a great player, but it’s not fair comparison, Jordan is simply far superior.”

◾ Julius "Dr. J" Erving: “Lebron James is the guy who has led the charge in terms of superteams, he’s out of GOAT conversation.”

Leflop may be the greatest of his era, but MJ is the GOAT.

The greats, coaches and players have spoken on Leflop

ALL OF THEM CAN'T BE LYING!!!

◾ Phil Jackson: “I watch Lebron James, For example. He might travel every other time he catches the basketball.”

◾ Dennis Rodman: “If Lebron was playing in the late ‘80s or early ‘90s, he'd be just an average player.”

◾ Paul Pierce: “Losing, flopping, and acting, It might be the greatest legacy of Lebron James has ever done for the league.”

◾ Dwyane Wade: “If we are talking about who is the greatest player of all time, definitely Lebron is not the right answer. There is one and only guy deserve to be the GOAT, It’s Michael Jordan.”

◾ Hakeem Olajuwon : “Lebron is a great player, but it’s not fair comparison, Jordan is simply far superior.”

◾ Julius "Dr. J" Erving: “Lebron James is the guy who has led the charge in terms of superteams, he’s out of GOAT conversation.”

Leflop may be the greatest of his era, but MJ is the GOAT.
Agree on MJ.

I know this’ll run the risk of calling each idiots for our picks, but let’s try it. Top 5 at each position all time.

PG

Magic
Robertson
Stockton
Isaiah
Nash

SG

Jordan
Kobe
Steph (could be a point too but I’ve never really looked at him as a true point)
West
Drexler

SF

Bird
James
Baylor
Durant
Wilkins

PF

Duncan
Malone
Barkley
Dirk
Mchale

C

Olajuwon
Kareem
Wilt
Shaq/russell (tie)
Jokic

I know my order will clash w/ most & I’m probably missing a bunch so I’ll stand corrected. Give me my rights & wrongs.

Reactions: NDinNJ
I know this’ll run the risk of calling each idiots for our picks, but let’s try it. Top 5 at each position all time.

PG

Magic
Robertson
Stockton
Isaiah
Nash

SG

Jordan
Kobe
Steph (could be a point too but I’ve never really looked at him as a true point)
West
Drexler

SF

Bird
James
Baylor
Durant
Wilkins

PF

Duncan
Malone
Barkley
Dirk
Mchale

C

Olajuwon
Kareem
Wilt
Shaq/russell (tie)
Jokic

I know my order will clash w/ most & I’m probably missing a bunch so I’ll stand corrected. Give me my rights & wrongs.
Kareem over Hakeem for me, no question.

PG

Magic
Robertson
Stockton
Isaiah
Nash

SG

Jordan
Kobe
West
Drexler

SF

Bird
James
Baylor
Durant
Wilkins

PF

Duncan
Malone
Barkley
Dirk
Mchale

C

Olajuwon
Kareem
Wilt
Shaq/russell (tie)
Jokic

This is what I’m talking about. How can you leave The Doctor off of any list?

Reactions: NDinNJ and francade
“Kareem over Hakeem for me, no question.”

Probably the consensus. Sjb. But to me, Hakeem did everything really well, including one of the best defenders ever. Jmo though. I’m on the outside looking in on that one. Probably others too.

Most of the time Jordan would just get pissed off and embarrass a defender/team. Maybe he did complain about calls - non calls, I just don't remember that and we weren't aware of it as much with no social media.
GOAT conversations in any sport is very difficult. It's tough to compare players from different eras. Compare the 60's to the 90's...90's to the 2000 teens. Players are different, more teams, game is different, game is called differently.
The way the Knicks, Pistons of the 80's/90's played is so different to today's players.

How do you judge the GOAT? Rings? Stats? Wins?

Most of the time Jordan would just get pissed off and embarrass a defender/team. Maybe he did complain about calls - non calls, I just don't remember that and we weren't aware of it as much with no social media.
GOAT conversations in any sport is very difficult. It's tough to compare players from different eras. Compare the 60's to the 90's...90's to the 2000 teens. Players are different, more teams, game is different, game is called differently.
The way the Knicks, Pistons of the 80's/90's played is so different to today's players.

My eyes.

Michael Jordan is the greatest NBA player I have ever watched. Not even a debate for me.

“NBA players are split on who the GOAT is, but go on about this being an outlier thinking.”

Any list that has Kobe and Steph above bird is suspect. That list sucks

Its a combo of rings, stats, wins, longevity.
Lebron could of been the 1st pick when he was a Jr in high school (ironically GM of the Wizards MJ would of had to be the one to draft him) but the NBA didnt let him enter the draft (he tried)
Lebron has played 21 years. 20 of those years he has been all-NBA no one comes close to that acheivement. The only year he wasnt he was rookie of the year.

Lebron carried multiple bad teams to the Finals 07 & 18 teams were lottery teams. In fact after 18 run the Cavs didnt win 20 games with 9 players from that Finals team. When he left Miami even with Wade & Bosh the Heat missed the playoffs. When MJ retired the Bulls were a bad Hue Hollins call away from the ECF's.
Then his titles 2 vs in prime dynasties in Spurs that had 4 HOFers TD, Parker, Manu, KL and beating 73 win Golden St he is thw only player ever to lead both teams in all 5 catergories (ppg, ast, reb, steal & blocks) and is the only team in Finals to come back from 3-1. Previous teams 0-37
His title vs OKC they had 3 top 50 alltime players all in their prime plus prime Ibaka who is 1st team all Defense & DPOY runner up.
I considered those 3 titles more impressive than MJ's 6
Near misses and no chance. 14 Spurs one of the greates teams ever. 6 guys shot over 40% from 3 for the entire playoffs (min 40 shots) Danny Green shot over 50% in the Finals
15 vs GS he lost Love vs Celtics and Kyrie in game 1. He should of won Finals MVP in losing effort
17 & 18 he had no shot vs KD GS teams
07 & 18 Cavs are consider the worse teams to ever make the finals.
11 is the only real blemish he simply choked but the Mavs were very underrated they swept 2 time defending champs Kobe Lakers and beat OKC in 5.

Its a combo of rings, stats, wins, longevity.
Lebron could of been the 1st pick when he was a Jr in high school (ironically GM of the Wizards MJ would of had to be the one to draft him) but the NBA didnt let him enter the draft (he tried)
Lebron has played 21 years. 20 of those years he has been all-NBA no one comes close to that acheivement. The only year he wasnt he was rookie of the year.

Lebron carried multiple bad teams to the Finals 07 & 18 teams were lottery teams. In fact after 18 run the Cavs didnt win 20 games with 9 players from that Finals team. When he left Miami even with Wade & Bosh the Heat missed the playoffs. When MJ retired the Bulls were a bad Hue Hollins call away from the ECF's.
Then his titles 2 vs in prime dynasties in Spurs that had 4 HOFers TD, Parker, Manu, KL and beating 73 win Golden St he is thw only player ever to lead both teams in all 5 catergories (ppg, ast, reb, steal & blocks) and is the only team in Finals to come back from 3-1. Previous teams 0-37
His title vs OKC they had 3 top 50 alltime players all in their prime plus prime Ibaka who is 1st team all Defense & DPOY runner up.
I considered those 3 titles more impressive than MJ's 6
Near misses and no chance. 14 Spurs one of the greates teams ever. 6 guys shot over 40% from 3 for the entire playoffs (min 40 shots) Danny Green shot over 50% in the Finals
15 vs GS he lost Love vs Celtics and Kyrie in game 1. He should of won Finals MVP in losing effort
17 & 18 he had no shot vs KD GS teams
07 & 18 Cavs are consider the worse teams to ever make the finals.
11 is the only real blemish he simply choked but the Mavs were very underrated they swept 2 time defending champs Kobe Lakers and beat OKC in 5.
Michael Jordan is the greatest NBA player who has ever lived.

what do the current NBA players know about the players from a prior era ?

what do the current NBA players know about the players from a prior era ?
MJ's mythology in basketball history is unrivaled. I said it earlier there is no historic figure in the Gen X era that is more revered than MJ. His legacy has been passed down as scripture. Pundits and older fans will never accept any NBA player as the Goat over MJ no matter the evidence.

Last edited:
MJ's mythology in basketball history is unrivaled. I said it earlier there is no historic figure in the Gen X era that is more revered than MJ. His legacy has been passed down as scripture. Pundits and older fans will never accept any NBA player as the Goat over MJ no matter the evidence.
This is correct. And it's not even a Lebron James argument.

No matter what anyone does, even if they are better, the mythology of Jordan from fans won't allow them to say anyone will ever be better

MJ was my favorite player when I was younger but even I can't talk to most Jordan fans. They are so protective that you can't have a rational conversation with most of them.

No matter what anyone does, even if they are better, the mythology of Jordan from fans won't allow them to say anyone will ever be better

MJ was my favorite player when I was younger but even I can't talk to most Jordan fans. They are so protective that you can't have a rational conversation with most of them.
Well as a Knicks fan, I wasn't a fan of Jordan. In fact I hated him back then. He's the best ever hands down. Maybe, someday someone will be better, but it sure isn't Leflop.

Reactions: Chitown11
Well as a Knicks fan, I wasn't a fan of Jordan. In fact I hated him back then. He's the best ever hands down. Maybe, someday someone will be better, but it sure isn't Leflop.
That's your opinion. And that's fine But your dislike for him clouds your judgement.

You hate what we says and does and how he acts etc etc so you are biased.

Forget about Lebron for one second because you love to talk about him.

If any unbiased person would go back and watch an actual full game from the 60s, then the 70s, then the 80s, then the 90s to now, they would see that players evolve and get bigger, faster, stronger and more skilled. The ball handling improves, the athleticism improves, the creativity, the shooting etc. Just go back and try it sometime

Everything improves with time. Players learn from the previous generation and they continue to get better and better and better. And there will a player in 20 years who becomes better than Lebron and Jokic and it will keep going

Thats how every sport is. There is no exceptions. Its hard for some fans to deal with. Old timers really believe that players like Cousy are better than the guys now. It's crazy how fans cling to the past

Try that experiment if you ever get the free time and go on with an open mind. It's pretty obvious to see the improvements from decade to decade

Man, if we could just see things how golson sees things, everyone would be better off. He can comb through all the biases and tell everyone how they think and feel. Don’t disagree w/ him though or he’ll call you a crazy old timer that’s clinging to the past. 🤣

Stfu about the board not being able to see past their biases. The same exact thing can said about you. Your opinion carries no more weight than anyone else’s here.

Try this experiment. Try not to call anyone that disagrees w/ you crazy for once.

That's your opinion. And that's fine But your dislike for him clouds your judgement.

If any unbiased person would go back and watch an actual full game from the 60s, then the 70s, then the 80s, then the 90s to now, they would see that players evolve and get bigger, faster, stronger and more skilled. The ball handling improves, the athleticism improves, the creativity, the shooting etc. Just go back and try it sometime

Everything improves with time. Players learn from the previous generation and they continue to get better and better and better. And there will a player in 20 years who becomes better than Lebron and Jokic and it will keep going

Thats how every sport is. There is no exceptions. Its hard for some fans to deal with. Old timers really believe that players like Cousy are better than the guys now. It's crazy how fans cling to the past

Try that experiment if you ever get the free time and go on with an open mind. It's pretty obvious to see the improvements from decade to decade
Yeah, OK. Complete and utter BS

I am a Los Angeles Lakers fan.

Michael Jordan is the greatest NBA player I have ever watched. No hesitation for me. None.

Thanks Dad.

• Haha
Reactions: Chitown11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT