ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Death, Taxes and Lebron James

raulduke_007

I've posted how many times?
Jan 5, 2010
PSA: THIS IS NOT A GOAT DEBATE OR A POLITICAL THREAD

All im gonna say is how can he still be playing at this level in year fricking 21?
While it's still early in the season the dude is still performing like a legit top 10 player in the league. He defies NBA logic. When he goes off the court the Lakers fall apart when he is on the court their a +21.
I fully expect the haters to come out in full force, but at some point yall owe him atleast a golf clap of respect.

Amen. Absolutely a Top 5 player of all time, anybody who disagrees is a lunatic.
Rankings players especially when it comes to the NBA really comes down to taste and there is no metric to determine "who's the best ever" and there is no argument to persuade someone once they make their decision.
Ill admit was a huge Lebron hater his 1st decade in the league, but as Ive aged and know what your late 30's & 40's feels like/does to your body he won me over. There has been no other sports figure that I have watched in my lifetime that made me shake my head more than Lebron. I really want to hate him and downgrade his accomplishments but he keeps proving me wrong and I respect the hell out of that.

I saw Lebron’s first game in the NBA in Sacramento, and he looked and played like an All Star in his prime, rather than fresh out of high school. The guy is blessed with great genes for sure, but he is driven and works his butt off, year in and year out. His motivation for his continued elite work ethic seems to be the hope of playing next to his son in the NBA for one season, and his son is a freshman at USC. But, you can definitely see a decline in his game…more injuries and missed games, and significant increase in turnovers when teams play defense, like in the playoffs. That said, I agree he is still a top ten player, but no longer a top five. Top ten at his age and with the basketball mileage he has on his body, is remarkable.

Reactions: raulduke_007
Hes a freak of nature, all time great, legendary, every superlative you can think of. Amazing

BS, hardly the all time great
I didn't say he was the all time greatest, although he may be

I said all time great....which he absolutley is. And if you don't think he's one of the greatest ever, you are clueless and have never watched basketball

All im gonna say is how can he still be playing at this level in year fricking 21?
While it's still early in the season the dude is still performing like a legit top 10 player in the league. He defies NBA logic. When he goes off the court the Lakers fall apart when he is on the court their a +21.
I fully expect the haters to come out in full force, but at some point yall owe him atleast a golf clap of respect.
Who?

Reactions: tbone3114

Why wasn't this LeBron thread posted after game 1 against Denver?

Its hard to compare today's NBA player to the player's when traveling was illegal, marijuana was still a no no (as per federal law), and defense was still part of the game

Last edited:
Its hard to compare today's NBA player to the platers when traveling was illegal, marijuana was still a no no (as per federal law), and defense was still part of the game
I have listened to Michael Jordan talk candidly about the amount of cocaine he saw within his own team when he entered the NBA.

I have listened to Michael Jordan talk candidly about the amount of cocaine he saw within his own team when he entered the NBA.
Wow; but the era of Air still changed traveling calls and started making rules more difficult on defenses.

You could do both
Bob Cousy was a great player who could not play in the league today.

Consider this, 7th game championship series, 4th Qtr, 4 minutes to go, down by 4, two players on the bench only 1 can go in - who do you put in?
Havilcheck or LJames? Really not as clear cut or easy as it seems IF you followed both era’s

Last edited:
Reactions: theskibro
Bob Cousy was a great player who could not play in the league today.

Consider this, 7th game championship series, 4th Qtr, 4 minutes to go, down by 4, two players on the bench only 1 can go in - who do you put in?
Havilcheck or LJames? Really not as clear cut or easy as it seems IF you followed both era’s
Yes you can rank Bob Cousy in his era and then when you rank who are the best players over all eras you don't include him

It's extremely easy. It's Lebron without a doubt

Yes you can rank Bob Cousy in his era and then when you rank who are the best players over all eras you don't include him

It's extremely easy. It's Lebron without a doubt
Not going to continue this. ‘Without a doubt’, outted you. Have a nice day.

I'm a Bird fan, but injuries cut his career short. But that 3 year mid 80's run; I've never seen anything like it. (And I'm a Lakers fan) Jordan is the best imo. LeBron is definitely top 10, maybe top 5. He is certainly the best since Jordan. I never saw Wilt play but his stats are insane.

Reactions: tbonesays
I'm a Bird fan, but injuries cut his career short. But that 3 year mid 80's run; I've never seen anything like it. (And I'm a Lakers fan) Jordan is the best imo. LeBron is definitely top 10, maybe top 5. He is certainly the best since Jordan. I never saw Wilt play but his stats are insane.
Nobody comes close to this dude
Wilt Chamberlain claimed to have slept with 20,000 womenduring his life. In the book "Wilt: Larger Than Life," Rod Roddewig, a contemporary of Wilt's, shared a story about how the NBA legend came up with that number.

Reactions: christophero
Wilt was also a track star at Kansas. NCAA champion I believe. He must have had at least 10ppg from beating other players down the floor. I watched his highlights and after getting a rebound he would sprint down the floor.

Reactions: BGI User 1596
Saw him quit in playoffs vs Celtics when he was with Cleveland. Can't be in conversation with the all time greats.

I think Jordan is the GOAT but LeBron is in the conversation. That block against GS was legendary.

Maybe for you
The rule change didn't effect me one bit. I don't watch basketball....ever.
To me it's not much a sport, but when the rule change came into effect the conversation at the time was it benefitted the offense and hand-tied the defense. Are you saying the rule change had no affect.

The rule change didn't effect me one bit. I don't watch basketball....ever.
To me it's not much a sport, but when the rule change came into effect the conversation at the time was it benefitted the offense and hand-tied the defense. Are you saying the rule change had no affect.
No. But rules have changed over every era. You can watch basketball and it's easy to see skill and talent.

When you watch you can see a players athleticism, ball handling skills, shooting, passing, strength, agility, jumping ability, size, length.

There's only 10 guys on the court in the NBA. It's easy to watch any era and see and evaluate players and get a sense and feel at how good or talented they are

Basketball is a great sport and one I've watched my whole life and I try to be a historian of the sport. I've went back and watched games from every era and love it all

Preaching to the choir. Greatest athlete, any sport, I have ever seen play.
Define "athlete " ? How can Jordan ever be considered a better " athlete" than Bo Jackson, Deion, Jim Brown, Wilt, Brian Jordan and others who have excelled at thie highest levels in multiple sports ? Jordan was an abject failure in his farce of an attempt to play another sport professionally. For sure arguably the greatest basketball player of all time, but greatest athlete ? Hardly.

Define "athlete " ? How can Jordan ever be considered a better " athlete" than Bo Jackson, Deion, Jim Brown, Wilt, Brian Jordan and others who have excelled at thie highest levels in multiple sports ? Jordan was an abject failure in his farce of an attempt to play another sport professionally. For sure arguably the greatest basketball player of all time, but greatest athlete ? Hardly.
Definitely in the conversation for sure. He was not an abject failure. What he accomplished in baseball was actually very impressive. He hadnt played in over 13 years

How would those guys do if they took off 13 years in one of those sports? My guess is pretty terrible.

So not a fair argument at all

Absolutely one of the greater athletes of all time

Reactions: deadirishpoet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT