ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Death, Taxes and Lebron James

There’s nothing ridiculous about believing that Bo Jackson was the second best back from 1987-1990 or even the best back since Barry Sanders only played in 1989 and 1990 during that period.

Your original statement wasn’t a declaration on who the most accomplished back was during that time period but who was the best as in, ‘who do you want on your team?’

If he played full seasons, and was used as a workhorse like Dickerson, he would have put up bigger total numbers like those other backs did.

Just looking at Jackson’s stats and his physical abilities makes him a reasonable selection as #1 or #2 running back between 1987-1990.
Oh it is absolutely beyond ridiculous. He's not even in the discussion. Not even close. It's not even close to reasonable

There’s nothing ridiculous about believing that Bo Jackson was the second best back from 1987-1990 or even the best back since Barry Sanders only played in 1989 and 1990 during that period.

Your original statement wasn’t a declaration on who the most accomplished back was during that time period but who was the best as in, ‘who do you want on your team?’

If he played full seasons, and was used as a workhorse like Dickerson, he would have put up bigger total numbers like those other backs did.

Just looking at Jackson’s stats and his physical abilities makes him a reasonable selection as #1 or #2 running back between 1987-1990.
I appreciate this FI44. You understood exactly what I might not have communicated well-enough. Go Irish!

Reactions: FightingIrish44
Finally Boston will play someone with a pulse. This is the weakest Eastern conference in quite awhile.

Kyrie Irving has taken his game to a whole 'nother level. And Dallas is benefitting.
Kyrie has long been called great/elite/world of his own by his peers but the fans have only seen this greatness transpire a handful of seasons. This season being one and the another when I thought he was the heart and key to the Cavs championship.

Kyrie has long been called great/elite/world of his own by his peers but the fans have only seen this greatness transpire a handful of seasons. This season being one and the another when I thought he was the heart and key to the Cavs championship.
Kyrie was a disaster and a malcontent in Boston, a disaster and a malcontent in Brooklyn.

I said before the series that Denver was vulnerable because they werent able to replace B Brown & J Green off the bench. Jokic & Murray carried to much of load & Porter went from cant miss vs the Lakers to couldnt make vs the Twolves. At the end of the day the Twolves bench was the difference. I think Twolves beat Mavs. I think McDaniels & Ant are going to be very effective on Luka & Kyrie. KAT has a favorable matchup vs the Mavs bigs. I dont see Washington getting the looks he got against the Clippers & OKC.
"I think Twolves beat Mavs."

Kyrie is elite as long as his head and heart are feeling good about his teammates and management, etc…. He is content in Dallas, and he’s playing at a very high level. I thought he was one of the best finishers around the basket of any guard during his time in Cleveland. He’s not quite as good today as he was then imo, but elite nonetheless.

Kyrie is elite as long as his head and heart are feeling good about his teammates and management, etc…. He is content in Dallas, and he’s playing at a very high level. I thought he was one of the best finishers around the basket of any guard during his time in Cleveland. He’s not quite as good today as he was then imo, but elite nonetheless.
Obviously Kyrie appreciates his teammates, management, and owner.

😂 Lebron was/is the only player in NBA history to lead BOTH teams in all 5 categories Pts, Ast, Rebs,Steals,blocks in a playoff/Finals series vs the 73 win Golden State, but please go on and explain why you think Kyrie was the heart of that Cavs teams?

Reactions: Golson5
Kyrie was just as important as Lebron in that series. He hit a couple game winners & possibly the game 7 winner, iirc. Lebron was great in that series too (his best, imo), but w/o kyrie’s greatness, they don’t win. Could say the same thing about Lebron.

Kyrie was just as important as Lebron in that series. He hit a couple game winners & possibly the game 7 winner, iirc. Lebron was great in that series too (his best, imo), but w/o kyrie’s greatness, they don’t win. Could say the same thing about Lebron.
Yes this, Kyrie hit the clutch shots. Wild they ISO’d Kyrie there eh? LeFlop Filled up the stat sheet but go elsewhere in crunch time.

Yes this, Kyrie hit the clutch shots. Wild they ISO’d Kyrie there eh? LeFlop Filled up the stat sheet but go elsewhere in crunch time.

Lebron hit the 3 to tie the game, made the greatest block in NBA Finals history that set up Kyrie's 3 & hit the game sealing free throw. The previous 2 games he had back to back 40 point games to get them to game 7. If you are using this logic then we have to discount MJ's Finals vs the Lakers because Pippen had to switch on to Magic after he torched MJ in game 1. Suns Final where Paxton hit the game winner in game 6 and the 1st Jazz title when Kerr hit the game winner.

Lebron hit the 3 to tie the game, made the greatest block in NBA Finals history that set up Kyrie's 3 & hit the game sealing free throw. The previous 2 games he had back to back 40 point games to get them to game 7. If you are using this logic then we have to discount MJ's Finals vs the Lakers because Pippen had to switch on to Magic after he torched MJ in game 1. Suns Final where Paxton hit the game winner in game 6 and the 1st Jazz title when Kerr hit the game winner.
This poster turns everything into a LeBron is better than MJ campaign thread.

“I think TWolves beat Mavs.”

Kyrie was not as important although he was very important. Lebron was amazing that series. Kyrie was great

This poster turns everything into a LeBron is better than MJ campaign thread.

“I think TWolves beat Mavs.”
Who cares if he thought wolves would beat the mavs. You've never been wrong on a prediction? If that was true you should be a billionaire. Give it a rest. Who cares

Reactions: Telx1

What does this have to do with the MJ the GOAT, talking Kyrie/Cavs Finals. Stay on subject.

In my opinion, Kyrie was the engine that made the Cavs hum. Much like this years Mavs team, Luka will win the awards, fill up the stat sheet but Kyrie is the heartbeat driving this team. I remember leaving that Cavs Finals thinking the same.

Reactions: sjb75
Lebron missed his last 4 shots in Game 7.

• Haha
Reactions: francade
What does this have to do with the MJ the GOAT, talking Kyrie/Cavs Finals. Stay on subject.

In my opinion, Kyrie was the engine that made the Cavs hum. Much like this years Mavs team, Luka will win the awards, fill up the stat sheet but Kyrie is the heartbeat driving this team. I remember leaving that Cavs Finals thinking the same.
Lebron was the engine and the transmission. Kyrie could be something else

Cleveland doesn't win 1 game that series without Lebron

Let’s not forget that the championships with the Miami Heat were orchestrated by structuring the team vis a vis free agency

Something that couldn’t be done when the Boston Celtics were building their dynasty with Bill Russell and Bob Cousy

Luka Doncic and Joker are the two best players in the NBA. You could argue that Giannis when healthy is 3. All are foreign born. The face of the NBA is changing.

Let’s not forget that the championships with the Miami Heat were orchestrated by structuring the team vis a vis free agency

Something that couldn’t be done when the Boston Celtics were building their dynasty with Bill Russell and Bob Cousy
There were only 8 teams in the league then. A completely different world

Luka Doncic and Joker are the two best players in the NBA. You could argue that Giannis when healthy is 3. All are foreign born. The face of the NBA is changing.
You can make the case the 5 best players in the world are foreign born

1. Joker
2. Giannis
3. Luka
4. Embiid
5. SGA

Lebron was the engine and the transmission. Kyrie could be something else

Cleveland doesn't win 1 game that series without Lebron
haha! I think you mean Kyrie, ya know like 2018 when Lebron and Co got swept in the Finals against the Warriors without Uncle Drew.

PSA: THIS IS NOT A GOAT DEBATE OR A POLITICAL THREAD

All im gonna say is how can he still be playing at this level in year fricking 21?
While it's still early in the season the dude is still performing like a legit top 10 player in the league. He defies NBA logic. When he goes off the court the Lakers fall apart when he is on the court their a +21.
I fully expect the haters to come out in full force, but at some point yall owe him atleast a golf clap of respect.
Talent is not everything.

It’s not the only thing.

It’s not enough.

haha! I think you mean Kyrie, ya know like 2018 when Lebron and Co got swept in the Finals against the Warriors without Uncle Drew.
That's beyond funny. Kyrie in Cleveland before Lebron never made the Playoffs. Never even close. .

Kyrie went to Boston. Did nothing in the Playoffs. Lebron stayed in Cleveland and made the Finals. GS added KD and put together one of the greatest teams ever to try and stop Lebron

Nice try. Good attempt. Funny stuff

That's beyond funny. Kyrie in Cleveland before Lebron never made the Playoffs. Never even close. .

Kyrie went to Boston. Did nothing in the Playoffs. Lebron stayed in Cleveland and made the Finals. GS added KD and put together one of the greatest teams ever to try and stop Lebron

Nice try. Good attempt. Funny stuff
Currently, one is in Cabo, the other the engine behind a Finals run!

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT