ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Death, Taxes and Lebron James

Barry was never a candidate.

You also said that only running back backs gaining 1000 yards or more should be eligible despite the fact that the other Kansas City running back who was elected to the pro bowl didn’t have 1000 yards
I never said only backs that have 1000 yards or more should be eligible. That is a lie and another BS thing you do.

Show me where I said that. Prove it. You can't because I never said it

Barry was never a candidate, according to who, you?

Not only did you backtrack and make a fool of yourself, you just literally lied

You are pathetic. You can't just admit you were wrong

Being a big Bo Jackson fan I had to dive into the numbers for myself.

In 1990, the only RB that could have been selected to replace Bo would have been Word with his 1000 yds and 5.0 per attempt. Barry Word wasn't the starter on his team, Okoye was. Neither made the pro bowl that year.

Bo Jackson averaged 5.6yds per attempt in the regular season, with an NFL long 88 yd TD rush. He was injured (career ending) in the playoffs against the Bengals where he had 6 rushes for 77 yds averaging 12.1. Combined playoff/reg season Bo averaged 5.91 yds per attempt. Barry Sanders was the next closest at 5.10 yds per attempt. Barry was #6 in yards. Nobody in the top 5 cracked 5.0, and 4 of the 5 didn't top 4.5 yds per attempt.

Bo Jackson is tied (5.4 yds attempt) for highest yds per attempt by a RB with 500 or more carries NFL history. The only other higher yards per attempt are QB's.

Bo Jackson has 3 TD runs over 88 yds for a touchdown, only one other player has accomplished this, Chris Johnson. Chris Johnson had 2163 rush attempts in his career. Bo Jackson had 515 attempts in his career. In other words, Bo Jackson will give you a TD run over 85 yds every 171 attempts, whereas Chris Johnson will give one every 721 attempts.

Bo Jackson's 1990 pro bowl was deserved. I can't comment if Bo was better than OJ, Jim Brown, Payton or Sayers, but, he was the best RB in the NFL when he played - sans Barry Sanders (GOAT). I doubt one NFL player or coach was losing sleep when Barry Word was on the schedule.

In 1990, the only RB that could have been selected to replace Bo would have been Word with his 1000 yds and 5.0 per attempt. Barry Word wasn't the starter on his team, Okoye was. Neither made the pro bowl that year.

Bo Jackson averaged 5.6yds per attempt in the regular season, with an NFL long 88 yd TD rush. He was injured (career ending) in the playoffs against the Bengals where he had 6 rushes for 77 yds averaging 12.1. Combined playoff/reg season Bo averaged 5.91 yds per attempt. Barry Sanders was the next closest at 5.10 yds per attempt. Barry was #6 in yards. Nobody in the top 5 cracked 5.0, and 4 of the 5 didn't top 4.5 yds per attempt.

Bo Jackson is tied (5.4 yds attempt) for highest yds per attempt by a RB with 500 or more carries NFL history. The only other higher yards per attempt are QB's.

Bo Jackson has 3 TD runs over 88 yds for a touchdown, only one other player has accomplished this, Chris Johnson. Chris Johnson had 2163 rush attempts in his career. Bo Jackson had 515 attempts in his career. In other words, Bo Jackson will give you a TD run over 85 yds every 171 attempts, whereas Chris Johnson will give one every 721 attempts.

Bo Jackson's 1990 pro bowl was deserved. I can't comment if Bo was better than OJ, Jim Brown, Payton or Sayers, but, he was the best RB in the NFL when he played - sans Barry Sanders (GOAT). I doubt one NFL player or coach was losing sleep when Barry Word was on the schedule.

Are you nuts lol

Eric Dickerson says hi.

I never said only backs that have 1000 yards or more should be eligible. That is a lie and another BS thing you do.

Show me where I said that. Prove it. You can't because I never said it

Barry was never a candidate, according to who, you?

Not only did you backtrack and make a fool of yourself, you just literally lied

You are pathetic. You can't just admit you were wrong
You said that another running back with 1000 yards should has been selected ahead of BO.
But you didn’t know that there was only one other running back and that was Barry Word who was a convicted felon who spent time in prison and that he wasn’t going to the pro bowl, and he was the only other running back with 1000 yards, but you didn’t know that when you made your statement. You didn’t know that Barry Word was a convicted felon, because you know nothing about football

You said that another running back with 1000 yards should has been selected ahead of BO.
But you didn’t know that there was only one other running back and that was Barry Word who was a convicted felon who spent time in prison and that he wasn’t going to the pro bowl, and he was the only other running back with 1000 yards, but you didn’t know that when you made your statement. You didn’t know that Barry Word was a convicted felon, because you know nothing about football
I didn't know that he was felon nor was it relevant to who should have made the pro bowl that year

You backtracked, then lied and looked like an absolute fool

• Haha
Reactions: sluggo69
You don't really believe Bo was the 2nd back in the league during that time, do you? You were just joking right lol
Um, yeah, he was the 2nd best RB in the league behind Barry Sanders.

Who are you picking? Emmit Smith? Thurman Thomas?

Thurman might have been a more complete back with catching skills, but he wasn't the better RB. Emmit Smith averaged 3.8yds a carry behind an amazing cowboy line.

NFL draft for one football game in 1990, you need a RB, and Barry Sanders is off the board. I am absolutely picking Bo Jackson. Who are you picking?

Dickinson was selected to the 1990 Pro Bowl, thus qualifying you as a moron
Dickerson actually was NOT selected to the 1990 season Pro Bowl, as he had 677 yds on a 4.1 yds pc average. Perhaps the 89 or 91 probowls, I didn't look those up. I like Dickerson as a RB, but again, I'd take Bo Jackson over him.

• Haha
Reactions: Golson5
Um, yeah, he was the 2nd best RB in the league behind Barry Sanders.

Who are you picking? Emmit Smith? Thurman Thomas?

Thurman might have been a more complete back with catching skills, but he wasn't the better RB. Emmit Smith averaged 3.8yds a carry behind an amazing cowboy line.

NFL draft for one football game in 1990, you need a RB, and Barry Sanders is off the board. I am absolutely picking Bo Jackson. Who are you picking?
Dickerson and Thomas easily. Not even a debate. You said the best rb in the league while he was there. He's not even in the discussion

This is one of the craziest things I've heard lol

Last edited:
Dickerson actually was NOT selected to the 1990 season Pro Bowl, as he had 677 yds on a 4.1 yds pc average. Perhaps the 89 or 91 probowls, I didn't look those up. I like Dickerson as a RB, but again, I'd take Bo Jackson over him.
During his 11-year career, Dickerson gained 13,259 yards rushing, which was second all-time at the time of his retirement, and rushed for 90 touchdowns. He gained another 2,137 yards and 6 touchdowns on 281 pass receptions. A six-time Pro Bowl selection, Dickerson was All-Pro in 1983, 1984, 1986, 1987 and 1988.

SMH you saying Bo Jackson should be ranked above Eric Dickerson.

During his 11-year career, Dickerson gained 13,259 yards rushing, which was second all-time at the time of his retirement, and rushed for 90 touchdowns. He gained another 2,137 yards and 6 touchdowns on 281 pass receptions. A six-time Pro Bowl selection, Dickerson was All-Pro in 1983, 1984, 1986, 1987 and 1988.
I understand all that. I would take Bo Jackson over Eric Dickerson in a one game situation for 1990, which is the discussion at hand. Nobody knows what Bo would have accumulated if football was his primary sport. But in 1990, choosing b/w the two, I'm taking Bo.

Dickerson and Thomas easily. Not even a debate. You said the best rb in the league while he was there. He's not even in the discussion

I'm not going to laugh at you for choosing Thomas in 1990.

You would choose Dickerson, who had 25 less yards than Bo, and averaged 1.8 less per carry than Bo in 1990? Um ok.

You would choose Dickerson, who had 25 less yards than Bo, and averaged 1.8 less per carry than Bo in 1990? Um ok.
You said during Bos career he was the 2nd best back. That was a ridiculous statement and I busted out laughing at it

You said during Bos career he was the 2nd best back. That was a ridiculous statement and I busted out laughing at it
When Bo Jackson carried the football, during his era, which was 515 times, he ended up with the highest yards per carry in NFL history by a running back. I'm not sure what else you want from a man running with the football?

When Bo Jackson carried the football, during his era, which was 515 times, he ended up with the highest yards per carry in NFL history by a running back. I'm not sure what else you want from a man running with the football?
Much more body of work, more touchdowns, more receptions. More of everything. He just didn't do enough and did it for only 38 games. That doesn't make you the 2nd best back in those 4 years. Not even close. 515 carries is nothing.

Eric Dickerson had a year where he had more tds than Bo did in his entire 38 game career. He had 18 tds as a rookie. Bo had 16 tds in his career. There is no comparison. It's a blowout

Bo was a great athlete and his what could have been is greater than probably anyone in sports. But what he actuality did, is not that much

You stated that during Bo’s 1987-1990 career he was the second best RB in the NFL.

Eric Dickerson was.

Last edited:
Much more body of work, more touchdowns, more receptions. More of everything. He just didn't do enough and did it for only 38 games. That doesn't make you the 2nd best back in those 4 years. Not even close. 515 carries is nothing.

Eric Dickerson had a year where he had more tds than Bo did in his entire 38 game career. He had 18 tds as a rookie. Bo had 16 tds in his career. There is no comparison. It's a blowout

Bo was a great athlete and his what could have been is greater than probably anyone in sports. But what he actuality did, is not that much
Golson, congrats on putting together 3 short paragraphs without a single condescending word. I truly appreciate it.

So now you're discussing who had the better career and that was clearly Eric Dickerson. Not even a close debate. We were talking 1990 when I got involved.

Jackson had 5 rushing TD's over 55 yards in 515 attempts.
Dickerson had 2 rushing TD over 55 in 2996 attempts. (edited, he had 2, not 1)

IMHO, anyone who selects a healthy Bo Jackson as their starting RB is not 'ridiculous'.

There doesn't have to be a winner in this debate. Let's move on, shall we?

Golson, congrats on putting together 3 short paragraphs without a single condescending word. I truly appreciate it.

So now you're discussing who had the better career and that was clearly Eric Dickerson. Not even a close debate. We were talking 1990 when I got involved.

IMHO, anyone who selects a healthy Bo Jackson as their starting RB is not 'ridiculous'.

No. You stated that Bo was the 2nd best rb during his years in the league. I laughed at that notion and said it was ridiculous. It is

In 1990, neither was a top 5 back.

But yes we can move on

No. You stated that Bo was the 2nd best rb during his years in the league. I laughed at that notion and said it was ridiculous. It is

In 1990, neither was a top 5 back.

But yes we can move on
I know I said let's move on, but, I have to do it. Mainly because you say I'm so ridiculous.

Here is my boy Gil Brandt from NFL.com and his 25 best RB's of all time. I'm thinking he has seen more football than us both put together. Again, NFL.com, written in July of 2023. I typed in 'Best NFL RB of all time' and it was the first article. How did your selections stack up to my selection?

I know I said let's move on, but, I have to do it. Mainly because you say I'm so ridiculous.

Here is my boy Gil Brandt from NFL.com and his 25 best RB's of all time. I'm thinking he has seen more football than us both put together. Again, NFL.com, written in July of 2023. I typed in 'Best NFL RB of all time' and it was the first article. How did your selections stack up to my selection?

🤣🤣🤣 Come on don't keep making me laugh

Nothing like cherry picking a list.

Interesting list. Two things that stick out to me are Adrian Peterson being behind Curtis Martin. I disagree. Same with Barry Sanders being behind Ladainian Tomlinson and Eric Dickerson.

I happen to think Sanders is #1 all-time.

Interesting list. Two things that stick out to me are Adrian Peterson being behind Curtis Martin. I disagree. Same with Barry Sanders being behind Ladainian Tomlinson and Eric Dickerson.

I happen to think Sanders is #1 all-time.
I would put Barry ahead of Bo but I can't comment on his top 3 as I didn't see them play. Also agree on Peterson over Martin.

In 1990 or career? Dickerson averaged 4.1 YPC and 677 total in 1990.

But hey, Estime was elite based solely on stats while not being a finalist for the Doak Walker and being the 12th RB selected in the draft. Elite doesn’t change year over year, a season of stats doesn’t equal elite. Elite is a bar set by the best, Audric is far from elite- that category belongs to the best of the best. Criteria doesn’t change year over year.

Being the best at your position in a given year doesn’t mean you’re elite, you can still be average in a down year for the position. Audric wasnt the best in a down year for RBs.

bizzybecknd, this poster claimed near the end of this post that Bo Jackson was the second best RB in the NFL "...when he played..," which was 1987-1990.

Bo Jackson was not the second best RB in the NFL from 1987-1990.

In 1990 or career? Dickerson averaged 4.1 YPC and 677 total in 1990.

But hey, Estime was elite based solely on stats while not being a finalist for the Doak Walker and being the 12th RB selected in the draft. Elite doesn’t change year over year, a season of stats doesn’t equal elite. Elite is a bar set by the best, Audric is far from elite- that category belongs to the best of the best. Criteria doesn’t change year over year.

Being the best at your position in a given year doesn’t mean you’re elite, you can still be average in a down year for the position. Audric wasnt the best in a down year for RBs.
CAREER. I'VE SAID IT 10X

CAREER. I'VE SAID IT 10X
Just curious, where would you rank your football knowledge, more specifically evaluating talent, as compared to Gil Brandt (nfl.com article with Bo ranked #4 all time - of which you laughed)?

Would you say you have:
1. Less knowledge
2. Same amount of knowledge
3. More knowledge

Here is Gil's wiki page Gil Wiki

Here is a small snippet:

In 1958, he was hired as a full-time scout by the San Francisco 49ers.[5]

Brandt served as the Dallas Cowboys' chief talent scout from the club's inception in 1960.[5] He had served as a part-time scout for the Los Angeles Rams under general manager Tex Schramm in the 1950s. When Schramm took command of the newly formed Dallas franchise in 1960, Brandt was one of the first people he hired. Schramm, Brandt and Coach Tom Landry formed the triumvirate which guided the Cowboys for their first 29 years.[3]

Brandt helped pioneer many of the scouting techniques used by NFL clubs today,[6] such as:

Just curious, where would you rank your football knowledge, more specifically evaluating talent, as compared to Gil Brandt (nfl.com article with Bo ranked #4 all time - of which you laughed)?

Would you say you have:
1. Less knowledge
3. More knowledge

Here is a small snippet:

Brandt served as the Dallas Cowboys' chief talent scout from the club's inception in 1960.[5] He had served as a part-time scout for the Los Angeles Rams under general manager Tex Schramm in the 1950s. When Schramm took command of the newly formed Dallas franchise in 1960, Brandt was one of the first people he hired. Schramm, Brandt and Coach Tom Landry formed the triumvirate which guided the Cowboys for their first 29 years.[3]

Brandt helped pioneer many of the scouting techniques used by NFL clubs today,[6] such as:

Come on man, you are using 1 person. Stop trolling

How about the Hall of Fame? Do those people know anything about football? How about the veterans group of hall of fame voters, do they know anything about football? He didn't get voted in by either

Why don't you look at another 25 peoples list and see where he ranks

You're being a troll and a tool. Just stop. He's not even a top 25 back in NFL history, not even top 50

Top talent but pretty much did close to nothing in the NFL

Stop with the trolling and nonsense and move on. It's just ridiculous

Reactions: sjb75

Would you say you have:
1. Less knowledge
3. More knowledge

Here is a small snippet:

Cherry Picking crap.

There’s nothing ridiculous about believing that Bo Jackson was the second best back from 1987-1990 or even the best back since Barry Sanders only played in 1989 and 1990 during that period.

Your original statement wasn’t a declaration on who the most accomplished back was during that time period but who was the best as in, ‘who do you want on your team?’

If he played full seasons, and was used as a workhorse like Dickerson, he would have put up bigger total numbers like those other backs did.

Just looking at Jackson’s stats and his physical abilities makes him a reasonable selection as #1 or #2 running back between 1987-1990.

Reactions: mrwigglesby21
There’s nothing ridiculous about believing that Bo Jackson was the second best back from 1987-1990 or even the best back since Barry Sanders only played in 1989 and 1990 during that period.

Your original statement wasn’t a declaration on who the most accomplished back was during that time period but who was the best as in, ‘who do you want on your team?’

If he played full seasons, and was used as a workhorse like Dickerson, he would have put up bigger total numbers like those other backs did.

Just looking at Jackson’s stats and his physical abilities makes him a reasonable selection as #1 or #2 running back between 1987-1990.
Garbage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT