ADVERTISEMENT

OSU has real problems on defense

Then if OSU's class is what you desire, Notre Dame needs to switch to a "...we ain't come here to play school..." philosophy towards academics, and telling football players that attending class is an option, not required.
Such a stupid comment, just pointless and untrue. Grow up

Saying a 2 loss team would deserve a playoff spot over a 1 loss ND team
I somewhat agree but the saving grace is that the loss is the first game of the year leaves plenty of time to improve and impress people. An important issue is when the loss happened. Real early and you're still alive - late......forget it

This same scenario was discussed on one of the OSU boards a few weeks back - maybe Eleven Warriors or the O-Zone - and many pointed back to their NC season around 6 or 7 years ago. OSU got absolutely steamrolled by Virginia Tech early in the year (gave up a ton of QB sacks) and just got better and better as the season went along and by the end of the year was clearly the best team in the country.

If ND loses a close game against OSU, then yes, a 1 loss ND team should make it in.

However, what I said was if ND only scores 2 TDs and OSU scores over 40, a 1 loss ND does does not deserve to make it. Yes, in that case a 2 loss SEC team should make it in over ND.

We ND fans have seen that same movie year after year. A 1 loss ND team with really no big wins on the season, go onto make the playoffs and get smashed up and down the field.

I 100% have ND winning week 1. However, if they can at least show/prove they belong on the field with the elite, then yes they deserve a spot.

But if it’s a repeat of the past 3-5 years, then ND should be happy to play in a big bowl (like last season vs the Cowboys) and give the fan base a good game against an evenly matched opponent.

If ND loses a close game against OSU, then yes, a 1 loss ND team should make it in.

However, what I said was if ND only scores 2 TDs and OSU scores over 40, a 1 loss ND does does not deserve to make it. Yes, in that case a 2 loss SEC team should make it in over ND.

We ND fans have seen that same movie year after year. A 1 loss ND team with really no big wins on the season, go onto make the playoffs and get smashed up and down the field.

I 100% have ND winning week 1. However, if they can at least show/prove they belong on the field with the elite, then yes they deserve a spot.

But if it’s a repeat of the past 3-5 years, then ND should be happy to play in a big bowl (like last season vs the Cowboys) and give the fan base a good game against an evenly matched opponent.
Why?

Did the sec team have any losses that were blowouts? Did they have any losses to poor teams? Did they have any big wins?

Who has the higher sos? How highly ranked are Clemson, USC, BYU?

Its just a silly response by you and has no merit. Like I said just dumb

Why?

Did the sec team have any losses that were blowouts? Did they have any losses to poor teams? Did they have any big wins?

Who has the higher sos? How highly ranked are Clemson, USC, BYU?

Its just a silly response by you and has no merit. Like I said just dumb
🤣🤣🤣

I knew you'd have nothing for that.
So, ND finished 11-1 last season. Do you believe they deserved a playoff spot?

If ND gets manhandled week 1 then goes 11-1 again, are they a playoff team?

For me, ND has to prove they can hang with the elite. They have not done that. They beat a Clemson team with a 1st time QB at home and barely won. Then got crushed by the real Clemson football team.

Why continually get embarrassed in the playoffs and just play in a Good bowl game against a good team? Not an elite team that will only embarrass us.

ND has to prove they belong. Beating OSU or playing them close will show that.

“gets smashed up and down the field...”

Sort of like Michigan and Cincinnati last season.

I knew you'd have nothing for that.
Remember, I said:

“On paper they are a playoff team. However, if they only score 2 TDs vs OSU, they will get slaughtered in any playoff game. A 2 loss SEC team should make it before them.”

I use the words deserve and should. I am not saying the committee wouldn’t vote in a 1 loss ND over a 2 loss SEC team. I am saying in my opinion ND has to prove they can hang with the elite.

Also, if a SEC team goes 11-1 regular season but loses the SEC championship, that 11-2 team could go into the playoffs ahead of ND.

If they get the doors blown off against OSU they do not deserve the playoffs.
It depends what other teams do. If you can't admit that you are just being stubborn just to argue

If we're 11 and 1 with a top 10 win against Clemson and lets say 3 other top 25 wins.

And it depends on who we are up against and what their resume is. What if they have 1 top 10 win and only 1 other top 25 win. Id take us

What if we're up against a similar team and resume and they also got blown out. Why should they get in and not us

Its all on resumes. Ours could still be really good even with a blowout loss.

OSU won a NC with a 14 point loss to an unranked team

Z

1st game! like Christmas Eve, you don’t bad mouth Santa!

What does a September 3 loss have to do with a Playoff game in late December, 18 weeks later?
A loss is not a big deal. Getting blown out AGAIN by an elite team, that’s a problem.

It depends what other teams do. If you can't admit that you are just being stubborn just to argue

If we're 11 and 1 with a top 10 win against Clemson and lets say 3 other top 25 wins.

And it depends on who we are up against and what their resume is. What if they have 1 top 10 win and only 1 other top 25 win. Id take us

What if we're up against a similar team and resume and they also got blown out. Why should they get in and not us

Its all on resumes. Ours could still be really good even with a blowout loss.

OSU won a NC with a 14 point loss to an unranked team
#1 Clemson will not finish in the top 10.

#2 “And it depends on who we are up against and what their resume is. What if they have 1 top 10 win and only 1 other top 25 win. Id take us”

For me, I do not care what type of resume another team has. ND has to show the can play with the elite. Beating average to good teams means nothing if you cannot beat the elite.

Why would you or any other ND fan wanna see ND make the playoffs only to get embarrassed again????

Beating OSU or at least hanging with OSU is something that ND has to show.

A loss is not a big deal. Getting blown out AGAIN by an elite team, that’s a problem.
Some, like PFF, think we lose 6-7 games this year. That happens the Fickell crew will be back here in droves to rub it in our faces.

#1 Clemson will not finish in the top 10.

#2 “And it depends on who we are up against and what their resume is. What if they have 1 top 10 win and only 1 other top 25 win. Id take us”

For me, I do not care what type of resume another team has. ND has to show the can play with the elite. Beating average to good teams means nothing if you cannot beat the elite.

Why would you or any other ND fan wanna see ND make the playoffs only to get embarrassed again????

Beating OSU or at least hanging with OSU is something that ND has to show.
#1 That is clearly your opinion. You have no clue. But odds are they will be in the top 10. Still just your opinion and not fact

You have to compare their resume to ours. Both matter. You have to compare against each other

If you're a fan and dont want to make the playoffs, you are soft to me

You're either a competitor or you're not. Hopefully no one on the team lacks the competitive fire like you do

Believe me, I do not lack any “competitive fire”.

However, a team that constantly gets owned in playoff/championship games, has to prove they belong. ND has yet to prove that.

I stand by my prediction that ND will beat OSU.

However, if they get dominated again on national TV, they do not deserve a top 4 playoff birth.

So no, I do not wanna see ND get embarrassed again.

As far as competitive. “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”

Let’s take boxing, some of the most competitive guys are boxers. However, how many times does Deonte Wilder have to get his brains bashed in by Tyson Furry before someone finally says “enough”?

For the sake of being a competitor, you can keep getting your a** handed to you every week. However, at some point it does hurt “the brand”. At some point it begins to tarnish your legacy,

You have to be able to say, I gotta get better before I step up to that level.

However, a team that constantly gets owned in playoff/championship games, has to prove they belong. ND has yet to prove that.

However, if they get dominated again on national TV, they do not deserve a top 4 playoff birth.

As far as competitive. “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”

Let’s take boxing, some of the most competitive guys are boxers. However, how many times does Deonte Wilder have to get his brains bashed in by Tyson Furry before someone finally says “enough”?

For the sake of being a competitor, you can keep getting your a** handed to you every week. However, at some point it does hurt “the brand”. At some point it begins to tarnish your legacy,

What teams do in the past has no bearing on who they pick for the playoff in 22.

The committee should pick the 4 best teams for that season.

If we are one of four, we should be in

If we are not. We shouldn't

Very simple. Gotta compare the resumes for this particular season. That's the only thing that matters

What teams do in the past has no bearing on who they pick for the playoff in 22.

The committee should pick the 4 best teams for that season.

If we are one of four, we should be in

If we are not. We shouldn't

Very simple. Gotta compare the resumes for this particular season. That's the only thing that matters
I agree 100% with you on what the Committee will do.

My point was, ND has yet to prove they belong in a playoff. Yes, every year is different. However, ND has to prove week 1 they belong. If not, it will be the same movie we have seen the past how many years?

I agree 100% with you on what the Committee will do.

My point was, ND has yet to prove they belong in a playoff. Yes, every year is different. However, ND has to prove week 1 they belong. If not, it will be the same movie we have seen the past how many years?
Every year is different so we don't have to prove we belong. We have to have one of the 4 best resumes this season to get into the playoff. Thats all

You have one reason for thinking ND will come into the shoe and get a W and that's thinking that you'll run it down their throat based off of what Michigan did last year. I'll tell you this much-your defensive backs have zero chance at covering the Buckeye WRs. And if you think you're going to run into a loaded box all night, got news for you-not happening. Your WRs are bums and scare nobody. So you going to win a 50-49 showdown?

You have one reason for thinking ND will come into the shoe and get a W and that's thinking that you'll run it down their throat based off of what Michigan did last year. I'll tell you this much-your defensive backs have zero chance at covering the Buckeye WRs. And if you think you're going to run into a loaded box all night, got news for you-not happening. Your WRs are bums and scare nobody. So you going to win a 50-49 showdown?
#1 OSU will not load the box. They will not come out of their base run defense.

#2 Bums at WRs??? Do your research you bum.

Lorenzo Styles will be one of the best WRs you see all season.

Mayer at TE will dominate your garbage LBs.

You dont know what they are going to do

Mayer part is correct!

You think Buchner is going to win this game for you? OSU has zero fear of your wide receivers. Denzel Burke will eat Styles up. Styles would be the 8th best WR on the OSU roster at best. I assure you Knowles will not sit back in any type of defense he will give a different look on every play-you're making the mistake of thinking they're going to do the same things they did a year ago.

Reactions: Michigan_Hater45
You think Buchner is going to win this game for you? OSU has zero fear of your wide receivers. Denzel Burke will eat Styles up. Styles would be the 8th best WR on the OSU roster at best. I assure you Knowles will not sit back in any type of defense he will give a different look on every play-you're making the mistake of thinking they're going to do the same things they did a year ago.
Just being a homer there

No chance Styles is only 8th best wr. And styles is going to put up numbers on Burke. They will battle

No one can definitively say how your defense will be one way or another

Pinkie said...."Oh, Yeah???"......Twinkie said...."Yeah!".......Then Twinkie said......OK....then.....Oh, Yeah???...Pinkie said..."Yeah!!!"...........................Whose turn was it again? I forgot.

Reactions: Zorich 88
“You think Buchner is going to win this game for you?”
Nope!!! He won’t have to. ND will rush for over 200 yards against your garage LBs.

Oh, and your CBs are some of the worst tackling corners osu has had in some time.

you osu fans are putting everything on DC that has done what????

Please, please come back on this board at halftime and then after the game. We can discuss how the ND bum WRs destroyed your overrated DC.

“You think Buchner is going to win this game for you?”
Nope!!! He won’t have to. ND will rush for over 200 yards against your garage LBs.

Oh, and your CBs are some of the worst tackling corners osu has had in some time.

you osu fans are putting everything on DC that has done what????

Please, please come back on this board at halftime and then after the game. We can discuss how the ND bum WRs destroyed your overrated DC.
Who's covering Njigba, Harrison and Egbuka?

Reactions: Michigan_Hater45
I guess their workouts are for average players.

No way was he ready for the NFL as a Freshman smh!!!

0R6A4703.jpg

Look familiar???????

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT