ADVERTISEMENT

Officially Official: MSU vs. ND Prediction thread

MTIrish98

Posts Like A Champion
Mar 28, 2011
Montana
It is Wednesday already. Nevada and Texas are distant memories and echoes of the Megaphone Trophy remind us how physical the MSU match-up can be.

I personally think Dantonio's coaching style and player development are worthy of envy, but it isn't enough to allow them to reload after losing several key parts of a historically great MSU team in 2015. ND, however, is in a similar situation. More stars (by recruiting rating) on the roster, but the dreaded injury bug and defensive issues keep holding them back from elite status. Where does that leave fans on Saturday afternoon?

I'm with Vegas on this one... Kizer is too good. His red zone numbers will be impressive once again. Plus Adams/Folston and a more confident OL (because they're playing North/South against MSU) will be able to move the ball effectively on the ground between the 20's

ND -- 31
MSU -- 23

Who do you have and why?

ND34-31 (changed from my prev prediction of 37-34)

(if Kelly starts MVG, my prediction is voided)

ND 38
Sparty 21

Feel as though BK was very vanilla in his play calling vs. NV. Seemed to be holding the good stuff under wraps for this weekend. He let's DK go full bore and DK throws it all over the yard and Adams runs wild to boot. I'm calling a big win for ND over an always well coached but under manned Sparty ballclub.

ND was hungover last weekend. Not this weekend.

Reactions: Bodizephax
ND 38
Sparty 21

Feel as though BK was very vanilla in his play calling vs. NV. Seemed to be holding the good stuff under wraps for this weekend. He let's DK go full bore and DK throws it all over the yard and Adams runs wild to boot. I'm calling a big win for ND over an always well coached but under manned Sparty ballclub.

ND was hungover last weekend. Not this weekend.
I don't buy the whole vanilla theory based on the fact that they needed to break everything out vs Texas to try and win that game. I do however see this as an ND victory by double digits.

I will say 27-17!!! If Sparty comes in to South Bend and scores at will then it is time for the defense to see some major shakeups whether it's with coaching or personnel.

Go Irish!!! Beat MSU!!!

It is Wednesday already. Nevada and Texas are distant memories and echoes of the Megaphone Trophy remind us how physical the MSU match-up can be.

I personally think Dantonio's coaching style and player development are worthy of envy, but it isn't enough to allow them to reload after losing several key parts of a historically great MSU team in 2015. ND, however, is in a similar situation. More stars (by recruiting rating) on the roster, but the dreaded injury bug and defensive issues keep holding them back from elite status. Where does that leave fans on Saturday afternoon?

I'm with Vegas on this one... Kizer is too good. His red zone numbers will be impressive once again. Plus Adams/Folston and a more confident OL (because they're playing North/South against MSU) will be able to move the ball effectively on the ground between the 20's

ND -- 31
MSU -- 23

Who do you have and why?
ND 27
MSU 20

I feel like MSU needs to make a huge defensive or special teams play that leads to a touchdown. MSU plays a great game with O'Connor tossing 3 TDs. MSU 34 Irish 30

MSU 31
ND 28

ND defense can't stop anyone; receivers still lack experience and make a few key drops and fail to get open when it counts; offensive line whiffs too many times on key running plays.

This game will come down to the ND receivers. More specifically whether they will show the necessary toughness that's going to be needed to win the man to man battles they'll face. Michigan State will play a lot better then they did in week one. The game will go down to the wire. Justin Yoon and Tyler Newsome also need to have their best games (thus far) of the season. Safeties will need to be clean on their tackles cause MSU will break some runs.

Last edited:
hope the weather allows for a well played game.

Both teams are good teams but both have flaws. The loser of this game will not finish in the final top 10 and likely will be eliminated from a major post season appearance.

So, the game is important to say the least.

good weather: ND 34-31
bad weather: ND 24-23

rgc

all in! hope you are right! I am more confident of the 42; but the 24? that would = a goal line stand for BVG?

rgc

all in! hope you are right! I am more confident of the 42; but the 24? that would = a goal line stand for BVG?

Pers,
I think our defense will be a lot better today than they were against Texas ? If Imam wrong Both Kelly and his DC
may be history by season's end ?

Everytime ND plays a football game the refs are against them lol.

Our Offensive Line sucked balls on that last drive, on a positive note, that was one hell of a punt.

This ND team is a bunch of scrubs. The players and coaching staff. Bush League.

Embarrassing. Can't tackle. Get a turnover and go 3 and out. Can't field a punt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT