ADVERTISEMENT

Official, ND v Pitt Game Thread

Sometimes I would like to see some more north-south running out of Notre Dame. Not in a three yards and a cloud of dust sense, but rather allowing their bigger offensive line to be bigger and letting the backs have momentum running downhill behind them.

Yeah, Im more a power football fan too.

But Pitt is just flat out outplaying us big time. What three sacks in row to end the first half?

Offensive line just stinks too. Kelly sucks today w this game plan. No running game. Like we don’t have any clue what to do. I guess Pitt is the 85 Bears all the sudden. Pathetic

Pitt is bringing the house and although it's hard to see it looks like we're running all 15+ yard routes.

1st and goal, no Dexter! C'mon! What is Avery doing in then on third! Joke. Poorly coached game.

wow...you're a snowflake. Book has played like garbage this game. God forbid someone calls out these players when they suck.

He’s been far from good today but the OL and play calling/adjustment by the staff is alarming again. Pathetic. OL such a disappointment. Embarrassing performance. Running game MIA. WTF Kelly?!!

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Interesting we have trailed since first quarter. That's a first this season.

We are learning that Ian Book is human. They have taken away his quick reads and now he is jumpy.

We are learning that Ian Book is human. They have taken away his quick reads and now he is jumpy.

his decision making today has been awful. cost them a few points

Looks like Hiestand is missed more as an OL coach than we thought.

Never been a huge fan of Quinn, but Hiestand’s OLs never were overly great at run blocking either.

Yes, we at times racked up tons of yards. However, we were completely shutdown multiple times and struggled with short yardage

Not a fan of Simms but he’s right— there have been guys open, Book’s confused. The ass kissing from nbc announcers doesn’t lend to objective game calling

Can’t throw it deep to loosen up Pitt. Michigan’s elite D didn’t give ND this many problems.

just got in, reading other threads, how many TDs is ND trailing by?

Yeah, Im more a power football fan too.

But Pitt is just flat out outplaying us big time. What three sacks in row to end the first half?
I wouldn't even say I'm a fan of power football fan, I just believe if you have an advantage you use it. Instead of our o line catching the Pitt blitzes let them attack the defense and impose their will sometimes.

The first half was almost like a game vs Navy where if you don't convert every single one of your drives the game is half over and a 1 possession game.

The game hasn't been that bad really .. Notre Dame made a couple mistakes and is having trouble figuring out what pittsburgh is doing defensively. They've only really had 3-4 possessions total.

Nothing that a second half adjustment can't fix.

Reactions: NotreDomer1
Yeah well I’m sure Pitt has the same strategy for the second half. They’re trying to eliminate an entire quarter.

Our offense looks bad. Book has been struggling more and more. I don’t see why a two quarterback system can’t work. Mix it up with Brandon and get out with a w.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT