ADVERTISEMENT

ND vs Wake

Yooper Irishfan

I've posted how many times?
Jan 31, 2005
Anybody watching? The team seems disinterested on defense today. Grant is playing well, and Auguste is being more aggressive. Wake has been a problem for some good teams this year, so let's hope we play better defensively in the second half.

wake has given a lot of acc teams problems as they are better than there record shows but in saying that our irish should be playing better than they are. having a whole week off might have hurt them a little

after having a little rust from having a whole week off our irish are now playing really well in the second half

This second half is all Grant. He is a magician out there tonight. Seems like every basket is either scored or assisted by him.

ND isn't a good defensive team, we know that. Still have a great chance at winning 30 games this season with the lights out shooting.

I think we finally have a team that should get past the first game in the ncaa tournament

Originally posted by coolirish9:

I think we finally have a team that should get past the first game in the ncaa tournament
I'm not ready to say that until I see the matchup. This team has a couple potentially fatal flaws that are usually covered up by great shooting. If we play a team that is big up front that will attack the rim against us and outrebound us by a wide margin, and we tighten up shooting in the tourney like we have in the past, anything is possible. We're good, but we're not Kentucky good where we can shoot something like 35% and still win against a team with a pulse.

Well Phonz is talking at least Sweet 16. Sluggo wants some of what he was smoking last night.

I don't think the sweet 16 is out of the picture for this team but I don't see the final four though

Comedy at it's best. People are going Lady Gaga about 25 and 30 wins!! Yee HAW!!

...and then actually praying for a Sweet 16 finish...wow.

lol + smh.

MBB is to Mens Basketball is to Mike Breyball,

as:

ND is to Notre Dame is to No Dance.

Originally posted by Weisnheimer:
Comedy at it's best. People are going Lady Gaga about 25 and 30 wins!! Yee HAW!!

...and then actually praying for a Sweet 16 finish...wow.

lol + smh.

MBB is to Mens Basketball is to Mike Breyball,

as:

ND is to Notre Dame is to No Dance.
Yep. I am really enjoying this season, but honestly the only difference between this year and other good Brey teams is Grant. He is just simply the biggest playmaker we've had under Brey, and he has carried us to numerous victories this year. Everything else about this team is the same as it ever was (good shooting, lots of 3s, below average defense and rebounding).

I can't explain why teams haven't played defense against us like Duke did (the 2nd time). They doubled Grant every time he touched the ball and forced it out of his hands. Didn't let him create shots for himself or others. The rest of the team played hesitantly and we couldn't muster much of anything. If somebody plays us like that in the tourney, we're in deep trouble.

This is the best team Brey has had, but will have to stay hot shooting the ball to advance far at all. The ACC is down and that has helped Notre Dame in the win total. ND's success will be dictated by the match UPS we see in the tournament.

The ACC tourney will be very important for them. If they can get to the Championship game and play a great game win/lose it will go a long way in the eye of the committee and give them great confidence. I like the fact that Grant can be a star ( Napier) but also has 4 other perimeter shooters to kick to . What has concerned me I the offensive production from Jackson. Vasturia has pickup on the offensive end but DJ needs to attack that basket. and finish. The Auguste/ Colson/ Torres rotation works well. Gotta shoot to the sweet 16.

When you score 88 you don't need as much defense!
wink.r191677.gif

Hopefully they keep strokin the 3 ball tomorrow and bury the beagles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT