ADVERTISEMENT

ND vs Nothern Illinois game thread

So much for undefeated and hosting a home playoff game. This loss today knocks us out. Season over in week 2, what a shame

They are whipping our ass in every part of the game and the stats reflect it! 😔 poor old ND had me fooled again.
They are all average, every single one of them and it sums up ND football perfectly!
You mean like the scripted NFL games🤔
Disgusting is being nice...can't wait to hear the ass kissers and their 31 year old excuses and how it was expected after a good win, not great win!
Go drink a beer or three.

Reactions: futuredomer
Leonard just doesn’t look great. For years our opponents QB’s look like heisman candidates while our highly recruited Qb’s look like high school back ups. Entire team is getting outplayed. Leonard has no athletic tools I can see. He’ll Buchner runs the RPO better
Agree, per Golson Leonard's legs were supposed to be the difference. He looks slow, his legs are not a threat

Reactions: futuredomer
I thought there might be a letdown but I did not think it would be this bad
well, once more doubts about our HC being able to get a team ready to play someone they should beat

This is the #5 team that's getting man-handled by little NIU? Yeah, OK. What a joke !

Leonard just doesn’t look great. For years our opponents QB’s look like heisman candidates while our highly recruited Qb’s look like high school back ups. Entire team is getting outplayed. Leonard has no athletic tools I can see. He’ll Buchner runs the RPO better
13/20 for 102 yards passing. 32 yards rushing. He’s making plays with his legs and Greathouse had a key drop. He should be at 130 ish passing yards.

I think he’s getting a lot of blame when it’s a team effort.

Reactions: Quest4Twelve
Golson told us he was an incredible athlete, different 🥱...not only can he not pass, but he looks slow and not very athletic at all. Other then that well, he's got it all smart & love this word a gamer you know like Book, Payne, Buchner, Coan, Hartmann. Help me lord🙏

I feel vindicated.

I was one of the few saying Angelli should get to start, I watched enough of Leonard to know he is a good athlete that can’t throw the ball with any consistency.

Folks last week were saying “first game, he’ll be good.” My man is still missing on 5-7 yard outs and sideline routes and badly.

Angelli throws such a nicer ball then LR does, not even close.

Reactions: christophero
Our WRs are still not very good, the single good ball LR threw was just dropped by Greathouse but hey “he’s really fast.”🥴

13/20 for 102 yards passing. 32 yards rushing. He’s making plays with his legs and Greathouse had a key drop. He should be at 130 ish passing yards.

I think he’s getting a lot of blame when it’s a team effort.
So one drop is the problem? He misses receivers just like last week. If you think 102 yards is good against this level of competition, we might have different expectations.

Stop playing so much man on defense. Gap discipline. Do your job.

NIU is stacking the box and blitzing like crazy. Use bubble screens and corner routes to make them pay for it. Use two TE sets to run the ball. Assert your dominance.

So one drop is the problem? He misses receivers just like last week. If you think 102 yards is good against this level of competition, we might have different expectations.
I didn’t say it was just one drop. I didn’t say 102 yards is good. That’s only a small part of the equation. If Greathouse doesn’t drop that ball, Leonard is at about 160 yards of offense which is good.

Stop playing so much man on defense. Gap discipline. Do your job.

NIU is stacking the box and blitzing like crazy. Use bubble screens and corner routes to make them pay for it. Use two TE sets to run the ball. Assert your dominance.
If we can’t throw the ball over 5 yds then they won’t stop loading up the box. Leonard is limited

I don't get what they saw in Leonard.. We know he's not a vertical passer ..but hey let's make him our starter!

We're going to need a pick 6 or something to turn this momentum around. They have all of it.

Reactions: GDFan
Leonard is limited; but he's better than this. I watched some games of his at Duke. Unless the injury set him back.

Lack of discipline is just astonishing. I don't get it. NIU doesn't even want to throw the ball beyond 5 yards, but they're able to move the ball.

That was a smart defensive decision to swat the ball back into the field of play but of course we don't have anyone there to get it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT