ADVERTISEMENT

ND vs Nothern Illinois game thread

He showed signs here and there, but before LSU, he didn’t throw the ball down the field well, was late on decisions including when to take off running. Honestly, before he began at LSU, being a top 2 pick would be at like 10,000-1 odds.
Again, look at his recruitment out of HS. Look at the offers he had. Alabama, OSU, Oregon, LSU, Florida, FSU, Georgia.
Bama, Georgia, OSU know how to evaluate talent.
"Projects as a multi-year Power 5 starter with the upside of being an all-league quarterback at the helm of a highly productive offense if put in the right situation. Projects to an early round NFL draft selection."

Riley Leonard had offers from Ole Miss, Nebraska, Duke, Vanderbilt, Syracuse, Vanderbilt, Tulane, South Alabama, and Southern Miss.
"Needs to continue improving his arm strength and release time. Will have to add velocity to his throws to be productive with the smaller passing windows at the next level. Has the upside to develop into a starter at the Power Five level."

Denbrock was working with a completely different level QB in Daniel's vs what he has with Leonard.

If I was a 5 star high school QB why would I go to Notre Dame? It's a great school, but we don't have game breaking wide receivers and don't throw the ball downfield much. Seeing that offense on TV would not make me want to come here.

Regarding losses...if you're going to lose a game, best that it happens early in the season. A bad loss early is a challenge going forward - a bad loss late in the year is death.

Thankfully the Irish have plenty of time to to reassess and redouble their efforts moving forward. One loss is not going to eliminate this team from a 12 team playoff. Tough sledding ahead? Sure...but now we'll see what this team is made of with their backs to the wall.

Reactions: FightingIrish44
Just get a win at Purdue. This team needs to treat every game like an elimination game. Lose at Purdue and we are playing for a minor bowl game.

I don’t know who should be credited with it, but somebody “unlocked” Jayden Daniels.

Cuz before last year he was afraid to throw the ball down the field
Alright, LSU proved to have a better offensive coaching staff than the fighting Herman Edwards's of Arizona State University. That is not setting the bar very high.

Reactions: BGI User 1596
If I was a 5 star high school QB why would I go to Notre Dame? It's a great school, but we don't have game breaking wide receivers and don't throw the ball downfield much. Seeing that offense on TV would not make me want to come here.
1. Because you as a 5 star could start immediately. 2. How does Auburn do it?
Oh it's not a wonder.
out with it.

1. Because you as a 5 star could start immediately. 2. How does Auburn do it?

out with it.
I'm just going to relay what I was told by my uncle who was a book back in the day...one early game and one late game is completely fixed every Sunday. That was 50 years ago and my eyes don't deceive me...it's become so obvious now that it makes the average sports fan not even bat an eye...the real sports fan not so much...if you think fixing sporting events ended w/ shoeless Joe, then you should just stop watching sports NOW! The NFL script has become a modern day JOKE.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT