ADVERTISEMENT

ND vs Navy game thread

Even though the last series went....PPPPFFFFFTTTTTT...it give the coaching staff something to discuss with the team. Have to keep the concentration level up.

Reactions: ftnfan62
“Jimmy Clausen in his third and last season was better than Sam Hartman”

Maybe so, but remember who he was throwing to. Floyd, Tate, Rudolph. Pretty crazy receiving corps. But I’ll give you that clausen and book were right there. Again, it’s navy, but Hartman looks really good.

Jimmy Clausen in his third and last season was better than Sam Hartman.
JC was unreal. Best we have had in years. Would have set every record playing 4. It’s too early for me to say though. Hartman has a leadership quality hard to get.

Reactions: francade
“Jimmy Clausen in his third and last season was better than Sam Hartman”

Maybe so, but remember who he was throwing to. Floyd, Tate, Rudolph. Pretty crazy receiving corps. But I’ll give you that clausen and book were right there. Again, it’s navy, but Hartman looks really good.
Jimmy Clausen is the best pure passer of the football I have ever seen play at Notre Dame.

Again. Ever.

And he didn't even stay for a fourth season.

I believe you.
Nor do I care but, you've known that for years...you're jealousy of Hartman destroying Book in 3 quarters is hilarious and if you can't see the difference then your more delusional than anyone gives you credit for!

Reactions: NDinNJ
Nor do I care but, you've known that for years...you're jealousy of Hartman destroying Book in 3 quarters is hilarious and if you can't see the difference then your more delusional than anyone gives you credit for!
OK.

Did not think we would break 40......wrong on that one.

Glad to see that Freeman and staff are keeping the foot on the gas. Don't let up. Bring in SA and run the normal offense. If Navy is going to blitz...throw it.

I agree that clausen may be the best pure passer (closest would be Hartman, then book), but he was a bit of a statue so both Hartman’s, and especially book’s athleticism, were far and away better than clausen. Great discussion but I’m real happy w/ how Hartman is playing. He’s different than what we’ve had, and that doesn’t mean what we’ve had hasn’t been real good at times. Again, it’s navy, so I’m not gonna go crazy yet, but he looks the part. We’ll see if everyone else can do their part to get us back where we belong.

Reactions: NDinNJ
Yes, you need to re-read your original
post regarding Minchey and Angeli.
Here it is big boy:

“It would all depend on the circumstances for Hartmans injury (record, time of year).. If ND is 3-5, you play Minchey..If ND is 9-1, it’s Angelli”

Here it is big boy:

“It would all depend on the circumstances for Hartmans injury (record, time of year).. If ND is 3-5, you play Minchey..If ND is 9-1, it’s Angelli”
Yes thank you for proving your lack of reading comprehension.
You never once mentioned the depth chart. Per your statement you would play Minchey regardless if he was QB3, and have him start over QB2 simply based on the teams won-loss record.

Reading comprehension is important.

First game with travel and playing overseas and they were more than prepared

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT