ADVERTISEMENT

ND vs Navy game thread

Well boys, this was a great start. Just keep building those receivers. Impressed with Parker and Sam. OL looked really good but hard to tell against an undersized line. So TBD. Looks like we got some skill at backs too.

Reactions: NotreDomer1
Go watch Rees and Alabama football then.
Why Notre Dame Football fans see fit to mock a Tommy Rees, who started numerous games at QB and beat USC as a true freshman in 2010 and broke a long losing streak in the process, then served as OC for three seasons, baffles me.

Truly baffles me.

Reactions: DieHard_Irish
Why Notre Dame Football fans see fit to mock a Tommy Rees, who started numerous games at QB and beat USC as a true freshman in 2010 and broke a long losing streak in the process, then served as OC for three seasons, baffles me.
I hope Rees does well, and he needed to move on from ND and gain experience from other coaches. Wish him the best, but was never fond of him as the OC. Hired with zero experience as an OC.

Truly baffles me.
I’m with you, the guy served ND well in many ways.

I wonder how many of those critical of him actually attended ND

I've never understood making mocking comments about Notre Dame men such as a Tommy Rees.

He's accomplished more at age 30 than many of us can imagine.

But he wasn’t infallible and some simply cannot handle any criticism directed his way regarding his job performance. I don’t think ANYONE hates Tommy Rees. That’s a bullshit narrative IMO

I've never understood making mocking comments about Notre Dame men such as a Tommy Rees.

He's accomplished more at age 30 than many of us can imagine.
Totally agree !

The question I ask is: What’s motivating you to hammer Tommy Rees ?

“Why Notre Dame Football fans see fit to mock a Tommy Rees, who started numerous games at QB and beat USC as a true freshman in 2010 and broke a long losing streak in the process, then served as OC for three seasons, baffles me.

Truly baffles me.”

It may baffle you, but stop making it sound crazy to rip his play. Did he do all he could do w/ his talents? Maybe so, but he was average, at best, and that was mostly because his teammates were studs. The one year he doesn’t start during that stretch, we go undefeated w/ a rookie qb. And stop w/ the how many times he came in and saved the day. Give or take or few lucky prayers (like goodman’s circus catch), our offense sucked when he came in to supposedly “save the day”. He held a loaded offense back. F tommy rees

But he wasn’t infallible and some simply cannot handle any criticism directed his way regarding his job performance. I don’t think ANYONE hates Tommy Rees. That’s a bullshit narrative IMO
Not at all.

if you’ve been reading this site you would know that he’s been bashed from pillar to post.

Tell us, who’s infallible ?

Reactions: NDinNJ
“Why Notre Dame Football fans see fit to mock a Tommy Rees, who started numerous games at QB and beat USC as a true freshman in 2010 and broke a long losing streak in the process, then served as OC for three seasons, baffles me.

Truly baffles me.”

It may baffle you, but stop making it sound crazy to rip his play. Did he do all he could do w/ his talents? Maybe so, but he was average, at best, and that was mostly because his teammates were studs. The one year he doesn’t start during that stretch, we go undefeated w/ a rookie qb. And stop w/ the how many times he came in and saved the day. Give or take or few lucky prayers (like goodman’s circus catch), our offense sucked when he came in to supposedly “save the day”. He held a loaded offense back. F tommy rees
Like I said.

It's no wonder Ara said he retired due to stress at age 51.

Reactions: graceh90
Totally agree !

The question I ask is: What’s motivating you to hammer Tommy Rees ?

Saying his play calling left a lot to be desired and the QB position being weak under his watch is maybe a result of his inexperience as a young OC. Maybe he just wasn’t the right hire to begin with. That’s not HATE, that’s criticism. Big difference between the two

Reactions: francade

Truly baffles me.”

Like I said.

It's no wonder Ara said he retired due to stress at age 51.
How about Holtz’s comments on the Notre Dame fan base !

Ara retired early because I said rees was average at best? Lol. Give me a break
Well, when a Nick Saban hires you to run the Alabama offense at age 30, let's just say that your criticism seems to be overlooked.

IMO your opinion is garbage.

Why does that have anything to do with it? You don’t attend and you can’t have an opinion. The ND brand is what it is because of the attending and Subway Alumni.

Saying his play calling left a lot to be desired and the QB position being weak under his watch is maybe a result of his inexperience as a young OC. Maybe he just wasn’t the right hire to begin with. That’s not HATE, that’s criticism. Big difference between the two
Agree.....who can forget his most famous run.....when he ran from that cop and was immediately caught from behind.....

“I wonder how many of those critical of him actually attended ND”

I’m not allowed to comment on rees’ play if I didn’t go to ND? I played a little qb in college. Am I allowed to comment? Pretty please? Wtf does going to ND have to do w/ evaluating their qb?

Reactions: GDFan
“Well, when a Nick Saban hires you to run the Alabama offense at age 30, let's just say that your criticism seems to be overlooked.

IMO your opinion is garbage.”

I was referring to his playing days but if saban hired him, I guess that’s all that needs to be said. Ftr, I never said he wouldn’t do well at bama (it’s kinda hard not to), but he was average, at best, as a player and maybe a little better as an OC for us. So, tbh, I don’t give a f€%• what he does at bama, I just know what he did for us as a player and a coach, and for you to fawn all over him like he was the second coming, makes me think that your opinion isn’t garbage, it’s $h1t. !!!

Reactions: futuredomer
“Well, when a Nick Saban hires you to run the Alabama offense at age 30, let's just say that your criticism seems to be overlooked.

IMO your opinion is garbage.”

I was referring to his playing days but if saban hired him, I guess that’s all that needs to be said. Ftr, I never said he wouldn’t do well at bama (it’s kinda hard not to), but he was average, at best, as a player and maybe a little better as an OC for us. So, tbh, I don’t give a f€%• what he does at bama, I just know what he did for us as a player and a coach, and for you to fawn all over him like he was the second coming, makes me think that your opinion isn’t garbage, it’s $h1t. !!!
I don't sit on a couch and criticize people who have accomplished more by age 30 than many of us can imagine.

“I don't sit on a couch and criticize people who have accomplished more by age 30 than many of us can imagine.”

That’s your right. Am I allowed to criticize people that have “accomplished more by age 30 than any of us can imagine” or does everyone have to be like you? I’ve already surmised that your opinion is shit, so why would I wanna think like you?

The dline looked fast but the line backers looked a little slow. Hartmine looked great. He had one drop and a PI in another pass, otherwise, only a couple in completions. None of his throws looked bad which is a welcome site

Reactions: NDinNJ
Like I said above.

Case in point.

Loser.
And coach Tim Hyde just covered it, saying our offense today was 90% the same as last season, 12 personnel, and a ton of duo. Exactly what Rees ran. Shows how little most fans know

“I wonder how many of those critical of him actually attended ND”

I’m not allowed to comment on rees’ play if I didn’t go to ND? I played a little qb in college. Am I allowed to comment? Pretty please? Wtf does going to ND have to do w/ evaluating their qb?
it’s his greater than though attitude. My least favorite poster. He loved him sone Rees

Reactions: francade
And coach Tim Hyde just covered it, saying our offense today was 90% the same as last season, 12 personnel, and a ton of duo. Exactly what Rees ran. Shows how little most fans know
Nick Saban hired 30-year-old Tommy Rees to run his Alabama offense, and is paying him a damn good salary to do so.

I wish him well.

Reactions: DieHard_Irish
“I don't sit on a couch and criticize people who have accomplished more by age 30 than many of us can imagine.”

That’s your right. Am I allowed to criticize people that have “accomplished more by age 30 than any of us can imagine” or does everyone have to be like you? I’ve already surmised that your opinion is shit, so why would I wanna think like you?
"It's not the critic who counts." Teddy Roosevelt was correct then, and it resonates today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT