ADVERTISEMENT

ND Covid Tests

older persons: no value? you give them up so easily!
shame on you !

I’m not giving anyone up especially since I’m in that category.

I’ll ask you again, absent a vaccine, what’s your proposal for combating Covid-19 ?

“And COVID-19 spits back in yours.

We can't control this just by puffing out our chests or watching a John Wayne movie.

Why are we the most afflicted country in the world? Why do we have a quarter of the deaths? Was ours a reasoned approach? Hardly.

And why have the South Koreans, Japanese, Italians and Spanish -- yes, by now, even the latter two -- done a much better job than us?

DISCIPLINE.

But, hey, feel free to have a ball. Revel in your freedom. Head down to Miami or Phoenix or Houston, where they're backing off freedom and get them back on the road to throwing caution to the wind.

Freedom is not an absolute. It's something you apply with common sense.“

^^fear mongering America hating horseshit^^

“And COVID-19 spits back in yours.

We can't control this just by puffing out our chests or watching a John Wayne movie.

Why are we the most afflicted country in the world? Why do we have a quarter of the deaths? Was ours a reasoned approach? Hardly.

And why have the South Koreans, Japanese, Italians and Spanish -- yes, by now, even the latter two -- done a much better job than us?

DISCIPLINE.

But, hey, feel free to have a ball. Revel in your freedom. Head down to Miami or Phoenix or Houston, where they're backing off freedom and get them back on the road to throwing caution to the wind.

Freedom is not an absolute. It's something you apply with common sense.“

^^fear mongering America hating horseshit^^

The recent increase in reported cases wouldn’t have anything to do with the millions of people who protested arm in arm in the streets without practicing social distancing and without wearing masks, would it ? ? ?

We have more deaths because Our population is multiples of those countries, we also test more than those. And our Constitution doesn’t permit government intervention to the degree that other countries permit.

What is being apparent, according to cell phone data and tracking, and the recent spikes, is Americans have thrown in the towel, and decided not to put up a fight. A nation whose policy is to not negotiate with terrorists has done just that by agreeing to terms with this viral terrorist: take 5-7% of our people and hopefully leave the rest alone! That is the apparent and tragic national policy now.

Play on!

What is being apparent, according to cell phone data and tracking, and the recent spikes, is Americans have thrown in the towel, and decided not to put up a fight. A nation whose policy is to not negotiate with terrorists has done just that by agreeing to terms with this viral terrorist: take 5-7% of our people and hopefully leave the rest alone! That is the apparent and tragic national policy now.

Play on!
Are you Forrest Gumps DUMBER brother?

How would they know with any degree of certainty about long term effects just six months into the pandemic ?

I don't understand the article to make any definitive statements about the long-term effects of COVID. (In fact, it states that "studies are just getting underway to understand the long-term effects of infection.") Rather, I understood the point of the article to be that there may be significant long-term impacts from COVID that were not initially understood, but which scientists and the medical community are now starting to observe. And obviously those things will need to be followed.

To be clear about where I stand on the virus, I am not one of those that advocates a shut down of the economy. We can't have the medicine being worse than the cure. But we do need to continue taking sensible precautions until we have a better handle on it, and those people (like me) in the demographics most likely to suffer a bad outcome from catching the virus may need to continue more stringent measures for a while, such as shelter in place in one form or another. I am trying to balance living a (somewhat) normal life with the reality that the current statistics show I have a 10% chance of dying if I catch the virus. To me that is a pretty grim number, and at least at this point in time I am not willing to tempt fate.

They don't. It's conjecture.

but, if you suffer organ damage, that is no longer conjecture, and that has been too often occurring.

just like non-symptomatic today = non symptomatic tomorrow = conjecture!
^ actually might be categorized as pre-symptomatic

Eighteen people who attended a surprise birthday party in North Texas have tested positive for COVID-19. The party, attended by 25 people and lasting just a few hours, has left one man's father fighting for his life in the ICU, Miami news station WSVN-TV reported.

"When people started getting sick, we really let everyone have it," Ron Barbosa, whose father is in the ICU, told WFAA-TV, as reported by WSVN-TV. "We knew this was going to happen, I mean, this whole time this has been going on we've been terrified."

Barbosa didn't attend the May 30 party for his daughter-in-law because he was concerned about COVID-19 transmission. Barbosa's mother, who just swung by the party to drop off something, also tested positive for the virus and had to be admitted to the hospital. Both of Barbosa's parents are in their 80s. His sister, who is battling breast cancer, also contracted the virus and has been hospitalized, WFAA-TV reported.

Apparently at the time, the partygoers were following the state's guidelines for lowering the risk of COVID-19, the news outlet reported. Amid a surge in cases and hospitalizations in the state, Gov. Greg Abbott halted the reopening of the state on Friday (June 26) and also rolled back some allowances — closing all bars again, for instance.

Eighteen people who attended a surprise birthday party in North Texas have tested positive for COVID-19. The party, attended by 25 people and lasting just a few hours, has left one man's father fighting for his life in the ICU, Miami news station WSVN-TV reported.

"When people started getting sick, we really let everyone have it," Ron Barbosa, whose father is in the ICU, told WFAA-TV, as reported by WSVN-TV. "We knew this was going to happen, I mean, this whole time this has been going on we've been terrified."

Barbosa didn't attend the May 30 party for his daughter-in-law because he was concerned about COVID-19 transmission. Barbosa's mother, who just swung by the party to drop off something, also tested positive for the virus and had to be admitted to the hospital. Both of Barbosa's parents are in their 80s. His sister, who is battling breast cancer, also contracted the virus and has been hospitalized, WFAA-TV reported.

Apparently at the time, the partygoers were following the state's guidelines for lowering the risk of COVID-19, the news outlet reported. Amid a surge in cases and hospitalizations in the state, Gov. Greg Abbott halted the reopening of the state on Friday (June 26) and also rolled back some allowances — closing all bars again, for instance.
Ya.... its really blowing up here in North Texas.... my office was just starting to 're-open' and it looks like it may get delayed again....

A student from Florida went to a Jersey drive by graduation and apparently does not understand the concept: infected others!

USA really moving to that ‘herd immunity’, but looks like the herd will be considerably reduced in size! American are playing Russian Roulette with this virus - hoping it is their neighbor who perishes - not them!

A student from Florida went to a Jersey drive by graduation and apparently does not understand the concept: infected others!

USA really moving to that ‘herd immunity’, but looks like the herd will be considerably reduced in size! American are playing Russian Roulette with this virus - hoping it is their neighbor who perishes - not them!
The death rate is falling dramatically. A lot of these cases are asymptomatic and due to mass testing. Take a deep breath.

You can’t state that we’re the most affected country in the world.
You can state that we’ve run the most tests in the world.

Many deaths attributed to Covid-19 are deaths with other primary causes, such as Motor Vehicle accidents and Hospice cancer patients who test positive for Covid-19. 43 % of deaths in the U.S. are linked to nursing homes. And the great majority of all deaths are linked to patients with co-morbidities.

By what metrics do you claim that the Koreans, Japanese, Italians and Spanish are doing a better job than us ?

Their infection rates are going down. Ours are going up. Under no circumstances, are rising infection rates preferable to declining ones. Check out the country by country graphics. The picture couldn't be clearer.

Based on this information, the EU is weighing barring visitors from three major countries -- the three they feel do not have the virus sufficiently under control. Russia (bronze medal), Brazil (silver medal) and the US (gold medal).

China, due to its recent Beijing outbreak has locked down 29 of the city's communities. But because of this prompt and decisive action, the smart money has it that visitors from China WILL be allowed into the EU as long as China accepts EU visitors.

The Chinese lock-downs, incidentally, could wind up impacting as many as 5 million people.

Not true, we do know about the long term impact of Coronaviruses based upon prior experience with Coronaviruses. Covid-19 may or may not be any different, but right now no one can state with any degree of certainty if and what long term impact Covid-19 has on a significant number of infected patients.

There is no mounting evidence concerning the long term impact on Covid-19 patients because barely six months have transpired since the outbreak.

In addition, the early statistics are indicating that lingering impacts are minimal.

Any and all articles on the long term impacts are merely speculative with many are political.

Stating that “physicians worry” is hardly scientific evidence.

The reason is simple, the attainment of herd immunity.

Absent a vaccine, Herd Immunity is the only current method for defeating Covid-19.

Isolation merely postpones death and destroys the economy

Among other things, there is evidence of scarred lung tissue in young people.

I previously attached a comprehensive list of all currently known long and longer-term effects. It's in one of my posts and is based on solid medical data.

If you care to look at it, it's there awaiting your inspection.

Reactions: d1042
this is the sick plan he wants

everyone meet in the town square, and we will have a group of covid contagious individuals go around spitting and coughing on everyone to finally get herd immunity! oh? yea downside is the dead!

It also doesn't work materially much differently. Sweden, the poster child for European herd immunity is fifth in deaths per 1 million of the population. Fifth on a continent of 44 COUNTRIES.

Many Swedes are less than thrilled with this.

But there's something deeper going on here. Like almost a regret at having missed Pickett's charge or the Charge of the Light Brigade or the First Wave on D-Day.

There's this almost suicidal impulse on the part of some to test their MANHOOD against this virus.

It's an impulse so primitive that if fails to comport with rationality.

Or take the sheer TERROR that many evince at the prospect of their being no football. Do they see it as the end of the world, even as a pandemic rages around them?

Even as Florida, Texas, Arizona and California are spiking and China is locking down Beijing?

How amidst all of this, does football become the PRIORITY? People seriously can't be living in this kind of a bubble, can they?

Apparently so.

The recent increase in reported cases wouldn’t have anything to do with the millions of people who protested arm in arm in the streets without practicing social distancing and without wearing masks, would it ? ? ?

We have more deaths because Our population is multiples of those countries, we also test more than those. And our Constitution doesn’t permit government intervention to the degree that other countries permit.

I can't see how they wouldn't have had an effect. But it's just another example of our lack of discipline.

I don't believe in endless protests of any kind and I have no real politics. I live according to two things: the health and safety of my family and the money produced by our various family businesses.

If I have a politics at all, it's MONEY.

This is a SOFT COUNTRY. People are fat, sick and complacent.
There was simply no appetite for this virus, while a feeling had emerged over time that THIS KIND OF THING COULDN'T HAPPEN HERE.

Well, it did and caught us with our pants down.

Then the street stuff started and, in my view, was driven largely by the pent up conditions of the pandemic, the boredom and the unemployment.

Plus, the growing realization on the part of Millennial's that they are the first generation in eons -- if not ever -- to see a declining standard of living.

All of this has produced something of a nervous breakdown in the country, driving a lot of folks to hope for things like a semblance of a football season to distract them from their own disbelief.

Sorry, we're in for a bumpy ride.

I can't see how they wouldn't have had an effect. But it's just another example of our lack of discipline.

I don't believe in endless protests of any kind and I have no real politics. I live according to two things: the health and safety of my family and the money produced by our various family businesses.

If I have a politics at all, it's MONEY.

This is a SOFT COUNTRY. People are fat, sick and complacent.
There was simply no appetite for this virus, while a feeling had emerged over time that THIS KIND OF THING COULDN'T HAPPEN HERE.

Well, it did and caught us with our pants down.

Then the street stuff started and, in my view, was driven largely by the pent up conditions of the pandemic, the boredom and the unemployment.

Plus, the growing realization on the part of Millennial's that they are the first generation in eons -- if not ever -- to see a declining standard of living.

All of this has produced something of a nervous breakdown in the country, driving a lot of folks to hope for things like a semblance of a football season to distract them from their own disbelief.

Sorry, we're in for a bumpy ride.

I Agree with much of what you say, particularly when you reference medical reports and science. The reference to us being a "SOFT COUNTRY" is just subjective and how we were described prior to WW 1 & 2. The real problem in America (and much of the rest of the world) is that we prefer to sit on our asses and watch others exercise rather than doing it ourselves. Who knows, may be year or so without sports might make some of us actually start living our lives rather than living vicariously through a bunch of high school and college kids.

I Agree with much of what you say, particularly when you reference medical reports and science. The reference to us being a "SOFT COUNTRY" is just subjective and how we were described prior to WW 1 & 2. The real problem in America (and much of the rest of the world) is that we prefer to sit on our asses and watch others exercise rather than doing it ourselves. Who knows, may be year or so without sports might make some of us actually start living our lives rather than living vicariously through a bunch of high school and college kids.

it is a ‘softness’ that is apparent. nothing earned, nothing appreciated, little valued, and who knows where this ‘lack of’ ultimately ends up!

Watch the news! tails are wagging dogs!

but, if you suffer organ damage, that is no longer conjecture, and that has been too often occurring.

just like non-symptomatic today = non symptomatic tomorrow = conjecture!
^ actually might be categorized as pre-symptomatic

Not true, organ damage often heals by itself or with medical assistance and returns to normal. Hence you can’t make any definitive statements quantifying negative long term impacts

We were not described as being “SOFT” prior to WW II. !

Where did you read that ?

“ISOLATIONISTS”. YES, “SOFT” ABSOLUTELY NOT. !

Yes, that's part of my point. We're PASSIVE. Fat and happy as a boss of mine used to say. And you're right. Spectator sports are vicarious. They're not primary.

That you know and are willing to admit this puts you light years ahead of many. Watching sports -- though it's pleasurable enough -- is part of the culture of spectacle and, as such, just another way of parting us from our money.

In other words, it's CONSUMPTION, which like refined sugar, leaves you feeling unsatisfied. Case in point, is there any feeling emptier than the one that comes after watching a whole day of football? You've accomplished ZERO, and you know it.

I'm 71 and 5'11" 160 lbs. I played high school, college and county league sports. I was never going to allow myself to fall out of shape, and I still walk 6 miles a day.

As a 14 year-old, I adopted the maxim from antiquity: Mens sana in sano corpore. A healthy mind in a healthy body. Made it my GAME PLAN.

I mean no disrespect to this country or to its citizens, but can you imagine sticking the average American in Syria or Iraq for, say, two weeks? They'd have a serious breakdown.

My point is, we've a very low tolerance for adversity and very little discipline in the face of sustained discomfort. And we're definitely not built for pandemics.

So, we said, SCRAP THIS. Let's pretend it's not that serious. Now, guys like Greg Abbott are eating their words when they didn't have to in the first place.

They could have manned up. Accepted the dimensions of the threat and taken appropriate risk-mitigation measures.

Last Thursday the N.J. Governor declared 1,874 deaths to be the result of Covid-19 despite the fact that there were no tests indicating that the decedents were Covid-19 positive.

WHY ?

Perhaps $ 13,000 per patient from Medicare has something to do with it.

Reactions: Golson5
Not true, organ damage often heals by itself or with medical assistance and returns to normal. Hence you can’t make any definitive statements quantifying negative long term impacts

To be precise, I'm not making any DEFINITIVE statements, but I am taking on board data as it develops.

And I note that you qualified your comment on organ damage to include the word OFTEN, saying that it "OFTEN heals by itself." Fair enough.

But here are two articles suggesting the possibility of serious complications. Accept them or not as you see fit.

I will give them credence until I have more complete information.

https://www.healthline.com/health-n...t-can-hit-people-in-their-20s#The-bottom-line

https://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2020/06/02/covid-health-effects

Here's my point. There is serious evidence already that there could be long term effects. No, it's NOT PROOF. But it's evidence.

And it's serious.

What I can't understand is how someone like you who's almost antiseptically fastidious in his efforts to not contract this disease -- and for good reason -- can be so willing to throw the dice regarding the potential health and safety of younger people.

Is the need for college football simply that compelling? It doesn't seem like a proportionate response to me. At the very least, there's vast uncertainty here and very high stakes.

For me to take a similar position according to my own ethics would be CAVALIER to put it mildly. But, then, I have a pretty strict standard.

Last edited:
it is a ‘softness’ that is apparent. nothing earned, nothing appreciated, little valued, and who knows where this ‘lack of’ ultimately ends up!

Watch the news! tails are wagging dogs!

You got it, brother.

If the hide under the bed types had had their way there would be no US at all.

What were the percentage of deaths of those coming to the New World?

Of course that is different, right?

Because without their sacrifice you would not exist so its justified.
It's people like you and your thinking that's the reason we wont have collage football tis fall.

It's people like you and your thinking that's the reason we wont have collage football tis fall.

and? it has nothing to do with the virus?

so you suggest the way to go is ‘not think’, that’s the new plan?

To be precise, I'm not making any DEFINITIVE statements, but I am taking on board data as it develops.

And I note that you qualified your comment on organ damage to include the word OFTEN, saying that it "OFTEN heals by itself." Fair enough.

But here are two articles suggesting the possibility of serious complications. Accept them or not as you see fit.

I will give them credence until I have more complete information.

https://www.healthline.com/health-n...t-can-hit-people-in-their-20s#The-bottom-line

https://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2020/06/02/covid-health-effects

Here's my point. There is serious evidence already that there could be long term effects. No, it's NOT PROOF. But it's evidence.

And it's serious.

What I can't understand is how someone like you who's almost antiseptically fastidious in his efforts to not contract this disease -- and for good reason -- can be so willing to throw the dice regarding the potential health and safety of younger people.

Is the need for college football simply that compelling? It doesn't seem like a proportionate response to me. At the very least, there's vast uncertainty here and very high stakes.

For me to take a similar position according to my own ethics would be CAVALIER to put it mildly. But, then, I have a pretty strict standard.

the one thing that needs to be stated by the sports fanatics is:
how many deaths do you deem acceptable for you to satisfy your ‘need’
a number or a % - what is it?

will you feel that way if/when it strikes home? (it surely will)
ultimately, no home will go unaffected

The death rate is falling dramatically. A lot of these cases are asymptomatic and due to mass testing. Take a deep breath.
Hospitalizations due to the virus are rising rapidly. Hospitals in my area that had shut down their Covid -19 units are being forced to reopen them because of the spike. No asymptomatic folks there.

“ Now, guys like Greg Abbott are eating their words”

When an American constantly rips into a conservative or republican governor (or president), all the while excusing the chicomm govt for the results of this virus, and then claims not to have a political angle, it makes me laugh.

“ Now, guys like Greg Abbott are eating their words”

When an American constantly rips into a conservative or republican governor (or president), all the while excusing the chicomm govt for the results of this virus, and then claims not to have a political angle, it makes me laugh.
Exactly and it goes both ways..... if someone disagrees with the President they are instantly labeled a 'lefty snowflake' usually followed by some buzzword like MAGA2020.... as if that is a valid response to the argument. I have literally been called a liberal on this site for being too pro-gun.... like how does that happen...? The answer is brainwashed zombies who are so in love with their party and so anti-the other party and nothing will change their minds.

Exactly and it goes both ways..... if someone disagrees with the President they are instantly labeled a 'lefty snowflake' usually followed by some buzzword like MAGA2020.... as if that is a valid response to the argument. I have literally been called a liberal on this site for being too pro-gun.... like how does that happen...? The answer is brainwashed zombies who are so in love with their party and so anti-the other party and nothing will change their minds.

yep! maybe we need to re-start teaching the U.S. History in schools again!

me me me - gimme gimme gimme - you hurt my feelings

It is all going to catchup on this population - with dire results!

Reactions: nemeth#5
yep! maybe we need to re-start teaching the U.S. History in schools again!

me me me - gimme gimme gimme - you hurt my feelings

It is all going to catchup on this population - with dire results!
I think we eliminate political parties... make people vote for people on what they stand for and not what letter is by their name.

“Exactly and it goes both ways.....”

Can’t argue that, nemeth.
Ya... it drives me crazy when people just cant get their head around 'how stupid people on the other side are' while there are people on the 'other side' who literally think the same thing about them.... YOU ARE BOTH THE SAME PEOPLE just with a different media outlet telling you what to think lol.

And I also dont get how anyone thinks Biden or Trump are capable leaders.... and yet I get shamed for a 'throwaway' vote by voting for anyone other than the all time narcissist in Trump or the dude who doesnt know what day it is in Biden.

People are crazy I say.

Reactions: echowaker
Ya... it drives me crazy when people just cant get their head around 'how stupid people on the other side are' while there are people on the 'other side' who literally think the same thing about them.... YOU ARE BOTH THE SAME PEOPLE just with a different media outlet telling you what to think lol.

And I also dont get how anyone thinks Biden or Trump are capable leaders.... and yet I get shamed for a 'throwaway' vote by voting for anyone other than the all time narcissist in Trump or the dude who doesnt know what day it is in Biden.

People are crazy I say.

how did the illegals, and the: least astute, least educated, least morally principled gain such control of the media and the country in general!

OMG
who are we to believe!

Faucci/Redfield and the entire Scientific medical community
or
Patirish ?

a dilemma for sure!

Hospitalizations due to the virus are rising rapidly. Hospitals in my area that had shut down their Covid -19 units are being forced to reopen them because of the spike. No asymptomatic folks there.
Asymptomatic folks everywhere else. Death rate falling rapidly

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT