ADVERTISEMENT

ND Covid Tests

the one thing that needs to be stated by the sports fanatics is:
how many deaths do you deem acceptable for you to satisfy your ‘need’
a number or a % - what is it?

will you feel that way if/when it strikes home? (it surely will)
ultimately, no home will go unaffected

You won’t get an answer to that question. EVER.

First, no one here would admit to that kind of mercenary thinking. Would some ACCEPT some mortality rate though never declare it? I’d like to think not, but I have no idea.

Second, and perhaps more likely, is that many are DENYING that seriously negative health outcomes – and, of course, most of all, mortality – could ever even occur. It’s too inconvenient a concept for many who’ve narrowed their focus to a sports fixation.

While science more than allows for the possibility of seriously negative outcomes, sports-bubble thinking does not.

Some things I’m following today:

1. All viruses in the SARS family, thus far, have produced long-term respiratory complications. COVID-19 is a member of that family. Proof of nothing so far, yet a potentially significant indicator of PLENTY.

2. Fauci fears we could hit 100,000 new cases a day. I can't wait for the spin claiming that that’s not a catastrophe.

3. As of today, only two states – Connecticut and Rhode Island – had a declining case rate. Twelve were holding steady; while the remaining 38 had rising case rates. No such discrepancies exist in formerly hard-hit places, such as Italy, Spain, France, Germany, etc. All, I might add, devised uniform, centralized responses.

I’m attaching a link to an article that comprehensively lists all college athletics teams cut; sports suspended; and schools closing. It’s a long list. What’s handy is that it’s regularly updated.

https://hoopdirt.com/the-list-update-7-college-athletics-teams-cut-sports-suspended-schools-closing/

One comment:

I don’t imagine that the ethical standards at Williams and ND would be viewed as different. When Williams decided to suspend all fall sports, it emphasized that that decision plus the one to restrict in-person classes were made with the health of its students and community FOREMOST IN MIND.

Do ND and other schools that are continuing fall sports and planning to host large numbers of on-campus students feel that in doing so, they are ALSO acting with the interests of their students and communities FOREMOST IN MIND? Or do they have a significant MONETARY NUT to deal with?

And if there IS that consideration – as many claim there is – does it mean there's an acceptable threshold for student illness and, God forbid, fatalities? Because if there were, might that not indicate some ethical daylight between, on the one hand, Williams and schools that are barring sports and ND and other schools that are moving ahead?

If I were a journalist with access to ND’s Admin, there’s no other question I’d ask.

You see, d-10, it’s not only fans who may be playing your "acceptable threshold" game. Fans have as NOTHING compared to the investment the institutions, themselves, have in football going forward.

There is considerable RISK here. Are these administrators willing to take those risks while accepting the potential of catastrophic outcomes -- which raises the ethics question -- or are they merely too naive to know what they're getting into?

You won’t get an answer to that question. EVER.

First, no one here would admit to that kind of mercenary thinking. Would some ACCEPT some mortality rate though never declare it? I’d like to think not, but I have no idea.

Second, and perhaps more likely, is that many are DENYING that seriously negative health outcomes – and, of course, most of all, mortality – could ever even occur. It’s too inconvenient a concept for many who’ve narrowed their focus to a sports fixation.

While science more than allows for the possibility of seriously negative outcomes, sports-bubble thinking does not.

Some things I’m following today:

1. All viruses in the SARS family, thus far, have produced long-term respiratory complications. COVID-19 is a member of that family. Proof of nothing so far, yet a potentially significant indicator of PLENTY.

2. Fauci fears we could hit 100,000 new cases a day. I can't wait for the spin claiming that that’s not a catastrophe.

3. As of today, only two states – Connecticut and Rhode Island – had a declining case rate. Twelve were holding steady; while the remaining 38 had rising case rates. No such discrepancies exist in formerly hard-hit places, such as Italy, Spain, France, Germany, etc. All, I might add, devised uniform, centralized responses.

I’m attaching a link to an article that comprehensively lists all college athletics teams cut; sports suspended; and schools closing. It’s a long list. What’s handy is that it’s regularly updated.

https://hoopdirt.com/the-list-update-7-college-athletics-teams-cut-sports-suspended-schools-closing/

One comment:

I don’t imagine that the ethical standards at Williams and ND would be viewed as different. When Williams decided to suspend all fall sports, it emphasized that that decision plus the one to restrict in-person classes were made with the health of its students and community FOREMOST IN MIND.

“...Are these administrators willing to take those risks while accepting the potential of catastrophic outcomes -- which raises the ethics question -- or are they merely too naive to know what they're getting into?”
BOTH!

OMG
who are we to believe!

Faucci/Redfield and the entire Scientific medical community
or
Patirish ?

a dilemma for sure!

Well, let’s see, Fauci told us that we didn’t need to wear masks !

And, Fauci told us that the Coronavirus was nothing to worry about !

So far it Looks like I’m ahead by 2-0.

In addition, a New York study of 1,200 hospitalized patients indicated that 89 % of those patients contracted Covid-19 indoors, 66 % while at home.

Whoops, Now I’m 3-0

Reactions: chicity
All I know is what is going on in my state. Infections and hospital admissions are spiking and ICU bed occupancy rising fast.

Hospital admissions and ICU bed occupancy are spiking because people with illnesses were afraid to go to the hospital when they we’re sick or had serious symptoms when Covid-19 was peaking, but once it looked like things were improving they flooded the hospitals and ICU’s.

You have to look behind the general stats.

Once again, analytics comes to the rescue. ! :):).

“...Are these administrators willing to take those risks while accepting the potential of catastrophic outcomes -- which raises the ethics question -- or are they merely too naive to know what they're getting into?”
BOTH!

AGREED.

Pollyanna is not only loose in the house, but she's also skipped moral philosophy class.

Here's one that will blow your mind. It was included as a link in a Lou S. post on the premium site. Lou S. hasn't said much about the pandemic, but a quiet skepticism re the season opening has been rolling off him in waves.

He's attached a lot of sobering links, though none as serious as this one. But in each case, he's offered only a one or two line comment. Obviously, he's in a tough spot. But, like I said, my take is that he's skeptical.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...s-projected-by-data-analysts-if-fbs-plays-in/

The guy asserting this is a computer research professor at the University of Illinois who's designed some TSA airport pre-check systems.

His model projects 3 to 7 college football deaths due to the virus and an infection rate among all college football players of between 30% and 50%.

True, it's only a model. But the info is now out there, will have to be picked up by the press, and discussion will naturally ensue.

What I would like to see is the universities produce whatever countervailing modeling they have to refute this, assuming they have any.

Or who knows? Maybe they came up with death totals of their own.

At the very least, we must now have TRANSPARENCY regarding the process by which so many have decided to a) reopen colleges on an in-person basis and b) proceed with fall sports programs.

They've now been CALLED OUT. And you were right to hang on to your issue like a DOG to his bone. Tenacity pays.

Last edited:
Society is a clusterf’n of self interests and corruption!
Slogans and jingles up the wazzu, but empty at the core, lacking in morality, mercy and virtue! No ‘we’ only ‘me’ is not a nation!
“One nation under Duress”

Hospital admissions and ICU bed occupancy are spiking because people with illnesses were afraid to go to the hospital when they we’re sick or had serious symptoms when Covid-19 was peaking, but once it looked like things were improving they flooded the hospitals and ICU’s.

You have to look behind the general stats.

Once again, analytics comes to the rescue. ! :):).
No, the ICU bed occupancy is up in our state because they are filled with Covid-19 patients. Covid units had been shut down. Not anymore. No analytics needed. Those are cold hard facts here in Ohio.

No, the ICU bed occupancy is up in our state because they are filled with Covid-19 patients. Covid units had been shut down. Not anymore. No analytics needed. Those are cold hard facts here in Ohio.
BS, stop feeding the fear libby. Here are the facts, something you libs don't like or understand

Yet both the total patients and those in ICU remain well below previous levels. On April 20, there were 1,087 COVID-19 patients, with 520 in ICU. On June 1, there were 760 patients, including 217 in ICU.

ILCJOHXOSVBNRBJSFA5VN3JXCY.png

COVID-19 hospital stays until recently had been trending down in Ohio. This chart shows the number of patients on a given day, as reported by hospitals to the Ohio Hospital Association. Out-of-state patients are included. Totals for the most recent day or two may be revised later.Rich Exner, cleveland.com

“No region has reached a concern threshold of 80% (capacity), which is when the hospitals start getting concerned for overall hospitalization of ICU beds,” Gov. Mike DeWine said. “So we’re not there. But we do know from lessons in recent history in

BS, stop feeding the fear libby. Here are the facts, something you libs don't like or understand

Yet both the total patients and those in ICU remain well below previous levels. On April 20, there were 1,087 COVID-19 patients, with 520 in ICU. On June 1, there were 760 patients, including 217 in ICU.

ILCJOHXOSVBNRBJSFA5VN3JXCY.png

COVID-19 hospital stays until recently had been trending down in Ohio. This chart shows the number of patients on a given day, as reported by hospitals to the Ohio Hospital Association. Out-of-state patients are included. Totals for the most recent day or two may be revised later.Rich Exner, cleveland.com

“No region has reached a concern threshold of 80% (capacity), which is when the hospitals start getting concerned for overall hospitalization of ICU beds,” Gov. Mike DeWine said. “So we’re not there. But we do know from lessons in recent history in
Yes, until recently. The discussion was the current rise in cases and admissions. The county wide breakdown in Ohio which has 88 counties shows dramatic increases across the state specifically the southwest portion. Just discussing what is actually occurring where I live. Your chart is a week old. The updates in our local paper are done daily and come directly from the state. The problem is that many refuse to wear masks in public and are not exercising social distancing. Until that mindset returns things will continue to get worse. No doctor or politician can solve this. Society as a whole will determine how this plays out. Doesn't look good for the immediate future. Why do think previously shut down Covid-19 units are reopening ? I have a nurse friend in Florida whose Covid unit is reopening at her hospital too along with many others there. Being in denial about the ongoing issue won't make it go away. It's not fading away either as some of our leaders have declared.

Last edited:
Reactions: benko's army
Yes, until recently. The discussion was the current rise in cases and admissions. The county wide breakdown in Ohio which has 88 counties shows dramatic increases across the state specifically the southwest portion. Just discussing what is actually occurring where I live. Your chart is a week old. The updates in our local paper are done daily and come directly from the state. The problem is that many refuse to wear masks in public and are not exercising social distancing. Until that mindset returns things will continue to get worse. No doctor or politician can solve this. Society as a whole will determine how this plays out. Doesn't look good for the immediate future. Why do think previously shut down Covid-19 units are reopening ? I have a nurse friend in Florida whose Covid unit is reopening at her hospital too along with many others there. Being in denial about the ongoing issue won't make it go away. It's not fading away either as some of our leaders have declared.
article dated 6/29, not a week old. No ones in denial, but Im certainly not believing these numbers. They are exaggerated, been exaggerated, and will continue to be exaggerated until after the Nov election.

Reactions: Kelso86

the old George Carlin line about ‘Earth Day’ and save the planet:

‘earth ain’t going anywhere-we are!‘

Well, people of this country and the world need to decide, who is going, us or the virus!

something for both sides of the debate! disturbing at best!
long but important watch!

just as informational... this is a report that gets more upsetting and more informative as it goes on! pleeese give it a chance...suck it up and watch it.

if you were able to watch the whole video, please post that below

Last edited:
note 1 comment

“getting ahead of this, she did not commit suicide!”

4-4-3 stay the hell out of NYC!

note 1 comment

“getting ahead of this, she did not commit suicide!”

4-4-3 stay the hell out of NYC!

Right now, that's the plan. Am under the weather. Will be visiting doc up here. Thanks for the heads up and the video.

Stay safe. This thing is tricky.

they are really going after her! but she has video and documents to back up her experiences!

and they have? character assassination and? nothing!

the old George Carlin line about ‘Earth Day’ and save the planet:

‘earth ain’t going anywhere-we are!‘

Well, people of this country and the world need to decide, who is going, us or the virus!
Oh my how scary, smh

China China China!

Scientists in China identified a new flu virus in pigs that they warned could possibly cause a future flu pandemic,

“The scientists found evidence that G4 EA H1N1 has infected workers on pig farms in China. But there’s nothing to indicate that the virus spreads between people, according to the report. The authors caution that the virus is not an immediate health threat, but that controlling this virus in pig populations and monitoring for signs of it in humans "should be urgently implemented,” “

Last edited:
China China China!

“The scientists found evidence that G4 EA H1N1 has infected workers on pig farms in China. But there’s nothing to indicate that the virus spreads between people, according to the report. The authors caution that the virus is not an immediate health threat, but that controlling this virus in pig populations and monitoring for signs of it in humans "should be urgently implemented,” “
Thanks mr fear. OMG, we need to shut down the world IMMEDIATELY, words cannot describe how stupid you are

That’s total B.S.

Covid-19 patients are not commingled with non-Covid-19 patients.
They’re not in the same wing or on the same floor and the ICU units are totally separate

Bed occupancy and ICU occupancy are up because people who were sick and/or had serious symptoms were afraid of going to the hospital because the hospitals had so many Covid-19 patients. Once things appeared to be improving, those patients who were sick and/or had serious symptoms went to the hospitals in worse condition due to their delaying earlier admission.

Having said that, Covid-19 hospitalizations are up, but the notion that Covid-19 alone has overwhelmed hospitals and ICU’s is pure rubbish.

That’s total B.S.

They’re not in the same wing or on the same floor and the ICU units are totally separate

Bed occupancy and ICU occupancy are up because people who were sick and/or had serious symptoms were afraid of going to the hospital because the hospitals had so many Covid-19 patients. Once things appeared to be improving, those patients who were sick and/or had serious symptoms went to the hospitals in worse condition due to their delaying earlier admission.

Having said that, Covid-19 hospitalizations are up, but the notion that Covid-19 alone has overwhelmed hospitals and ICU’s is pure rubbish.

did you watch the entire video? if not put a sock in your pie hole!

The cascading Financial impact of Covid-19.

A governor recently issued an edict declaring that renters can not be evicted for two years.

Understandable considering the mass unemployment caused by Covid-19

But now the developer/owner has expenses, like taxes and mortgage/loan payments, but with no income, he can’t pay them, so he defaults on the mortgage and goes broke. Now the bank that issued the mortgage has a loan in default. So now with so many other bad loans the bank’s stock dives and the bank goes out of business and their employees are out of work and the economy continues its death spiral.

Herd Immunity combined with protecting those in the high risk pool are the only way out of this, absent a vaccine.

did you watch the entire video? if not put a sock in your pie hole!

That’s an old video and I’m familiar with it and the hospital involved,

I’m also in close contact with the CEO, CFO, Senior Administrators and Numerous physicians at several hospitals and sit on the board of an assisted living/nursing home, so i’m sure that you’re more informed in this area than me.

The cascading Financial impact of Covid-19.

A governor recently issued an edict declaring that renters can not be evicted for two years.

Understandable considering the mass unemployment caused by Covid-19

But now the developer/owner has expenses, like taxes and mortgage/loan payments, but with no income, he can’t pay them, so he defaults on the mortgage and goes broke. Now the bank that issued the mortgage has a loan in default. So now with so many other bad loans the bank’s stock dives and the bank goes out of business and their employees are out of work and the economy continues its death spiral.

Herd Immunity combined with protecting those in the high risk pool are the only way out of this, absent a vaccine.

Medically verifiable: there is no such thing as herd immunity with covid
Please stop selling this! You are possibly sending people to their death!

Dr. Neal Parikh, an assistant professor of neurology and neuroscience at Weill Cornell Medicine in New York City.
"Fundamentally, our results support the notion that COVID-19 infection is more severe than influenza infection," Parikh added.

Last edited:
Medically verifiable: there is no such thing as herd immunity with covid
Please stop selling this! You are possibly sending people to their death!

Dr. Neal Parikh, an assistant professor of neurology and neuroscience at Weill Cornell Medicine in New York City.
"Fundamentally, our results support the notion that COVID-19 infection is more severe than influenza infection," Parikh added.

You don’t know what you’re talking about.

And, Neurology is NOT the medical specialty dedicated to Covid-19.
Everybody on the planet knows that Covid-19 is more severe for the older aged population than the Flu.

There is “herd immunity” with Covid-19.

Yesterday, I was with physicians from hospitals in NYC and they were discussing epidemiology, Covid-19, weaker vs stronger strains and herd immunity.

Absent a vaccine, herd immunity is the only way to combat Covid-19.

Stick to topics where you have some semblance of familiarity, because you have none when it comes to Covid-19

You don’t know what you’re talking about.

And, Neurology is NOT the medical specialty dedicated to Covid-19.
Everybody on the planet knows that Covid-19 is more severe for the older aged population than the Flu.

There is “herd immunity” with Covid-19.

Yesterday, I was with physicians from hospitals in NYC and they were discussing epidemiology, Covid-19, weaker vs stronger strains and herd immunity.

Absent a vaccine, herd immunity is the only way to combat Covid-19.

Stick to topics where you have some semblance of familiarity, because you have none when it comes to Covid-19

why don’t you find someone with covid and give them a big deep kiss!
add to your herd!

why don’t you find someone with covid and give them a big deep kiss!
add to your herd!

It’s obvious ..... you don’t understand “herd immunity”

With you, Ignorance is bliss. !

apparently We are who we are, wherever we are

Okinawa
“It is extremely regrettable that the infections are rapidly spreading among US personnel when we Okinawans are doing our utmost to contain the infections," Gov. Denny Tamaki said on the phone to Lt. Gen. H. Stacy Clardy, commander of III Marine Expeditionary Force, according to The Guardian. "We now have strong doubts that the US military has taken adequate disease-prevent....”

I see the Mods are among those that think Covid-19 is not a football related topic! Well, wrong, it relates to any topic.

That’s total B.S.

You're wrong again. The local news again reported this morning about the rate of ICU beds being occupied BECAUSE of Covid -19.

Sick and tired of these stupid libs spouting off on this way overblown virus. Its getting old

"Sick and tired of these stupid libs spouting off on this way overblown virus. Its getting old"

Until someone in your family gets hit with it -- then it won't be overblown

Reactions: d1042
"Sick and tired of these stupid libs spouting off on this way overblown virus. Its getting old"

Until someone in your family gets hit with it -- then it won't be overblown

exactly! it is a cold for your family, but a pandemic for mine!

Haven't hid at all. I work every day. Sorry if pointing out things that are actually occurring in my state bothers you. I know, I know it's going to just go away on its on.....
Just got back walleye fishing in Lake Erie. I'm not scarred. I'm glad you enjoy living your life in fear, absolutely ridiculous.

ADVERTISEMENT