ADVERTISEMENT

ND at Purdue Game Thread

This is certainly much better than last week. Something to build on. I still am no fan of RL, glad Angeli got some time, looked good.

Let’s hope for the best. Beyond my pay grade to make these QB decisions.
My only criticism of Angeli is he took too long to get rid of the ball on a couple of plays and took sacks that he probably could have avoided. But I thought he threw and went through his progressions better than RL.

I think RL may find himself playing in a special goal line package a la Tim Tebow by about the middle of the season unless he shows some ability to pass.

My only criticism of Angeli is he took too long to get rid of the ball on a couple of plays and took sacks that he probably could have avoided. But I thought he threw and went through his progressions better than RL.

I think RL may find himself playing in a special goal line package a la Tim Tebow by about the middle of the season unless he shows some ability to pass.
I agree, but that can be corrected with live action. He just needs to learn to either tuck and run or throw it away.

Reactions: futuredomer
You gotta start somewhere. Maybe Purdue is really really bad. Maybe ND finally decided to play to their strengths. Maybe RL is a heck of a runner and also a poor passer. One thing I can definitely say and it’s not a “ maybe “. Winning is better than losing. So as this team tries to find its identity. After last weeks total disaster, I am not nitpicking anything or anyone. I am going to chill and enjoy that beat down. A game like this doesn’t happen often. But when it does, it should be savored. Go Irish ☘️!!

Depth chart Vs Purdue

Has him at 2 and Urlacher behind him at 3.
It has them as or. And Urlacher has played snaps with the rotation the first 3 weeks before Talich

Urlacher and Heard have been the 2nd string safeties this year so far

I agree he has to be more cognizant of the rush but, we had 2nd & 3rd stringers in on OL. More reps and he will be fine, he can throw it just fine!

Reactions: NDinNJ
I found Golson5 on the IB forum:

MikeStellino
IB Insider (Monthly)
@mikestellino
After three years in the program, Angeli isn’t significantly more accurate than RL, who has only played three games at ND. However, RL is a much better runner, and I feel more confident with him leading the offense. His ceiling is much higher than Angeli’s.

😂 🤣

Reactions: futuredomer

MikeStellino
IB Insider (Monthly)
@mikestellino
After three years in the program, Angeli isn’t significantly more accurate than RL, who has only played three games at ND. However, RL is a much better runner, and I feel more confident with him leading the offense. His ceiling is much higher than Angeli’s.

😂 🤣
OMG...A child...listen to me anyone, I've crapped the bed on Inside ND Sports but, I've still got CoachD3😉 to jerk off too.

• Haha
Reactions: NDinNJ
Alright boys. See ya next week. That was so needed for us fans. Denbrock earned it. So did Al. MF gets the tip.

Riley balled with what he has. Love is really good. That OL, Kudos. TE’s came to block and catch. WR, mehhh.

Defense, just damnnnnn. I can’t say enough about all of them. Sheesh!

KA and Urlacher look diff for frosh and so did Young. Damn those are some frosh!

Go Irish!

MikeStellino
IB Insider (Monthly)
@mikestellino

😂 🤣
Gun to my head, Angeli is a better passer than Leonard.

Reactions: BGI User 756
You gotta start somewhere. Maybe Purdue is really really bad. Maybe ND finally decided to play to their strengths. Maybe RL is a heck of a runner and also a poor passer. One thing I can definitely say and it’s not a “ maybe “. Winning is better than losing. So as this team tries to find its identity. After last weeks total disaster, I am not nitpicking anything or anyone. I am going to chill and enjoy that beat down. A game like this doesn’t happen often. But when it does, it should be savored. Go Irish ☘️!!

I agree.

A long season to play.

I've no idea what awaits...but will enjoy the trip, even if I'm disappointed about last week.

Golson… right there on 3rd down completion to Evans… beaux smoked his db for td right infront of Riley
Leonard already made the decision to throw to Evans before Collins came open. 10:24 2nd quarter. I’d appreciate it if you took another look at that play and are willing to consider that Leonard didn’t miss Collins but made the correct decision.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Great win , defense played awesome, our run game was good. But we still cannot pass the ball with Riley Leonard at qb.

This game is just fools gold.
Watch what happens( again )when a team is able to stop our run game .
We just put up over 50 pts today all these yards and our starting qb again threw zero touchdowns.

2 more losses for this team if Leonard can’t throw downfield. Jmo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT