ADVERTISEMENT

Natty Championship game Washington VS Michigan

Comparing Freeman to Harbaugh is pure mental masturbation !

But we all wish Freeman great success in the years ahead

I compared the ND football program after year 2 of Freeman, to the Michigan program after year 9 of Harbaugh Perhaps if you removed your nose from Harbaugh’s rear end you’d be able to catch my drift.

But my guess is you like your nose right where it is, don’t you 🤡?

Last edited:
Reactions: BGI User 756
Michigan beat every team on their schedule and then they beat every team the committee scheduled for them in the playoffs.

Would all of you sore losers and losers stop making excuses and stop your mental masturbation by creating ridiculous hypocritical/hypothetical scenarios

CONGRATULATE MICHIGAN ON A GREAT SEASON AND FOR BEING UNDEFEATED AND WINNING THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP !
Slobbering all over Harbaughs jock strap, while repeatedly using the phrase “mental masturbation. Somebody better check this kids hard drive.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Slobbering all over Harbaughs jock strap, while repeatedly using the phrase “mental masturbation. Somebody better check this kids hard drive.
Whether it is Saturdays or Sundays, Jim Harbaugh is a really good football coach.

The best team in CFB won, NO QUESTION.

They had ZERO weakesses from COACHING to SPECIAL TEAMS. Very reminicent of ND's 88 NC team, whereas Washington -- as someone on one of these boards pointed out -- was more like ND's 2012 team which, though good, scrapped its way into the BCS title game, only to be EXPOSED.

As for the playoffs themselves, I saw the four best teams as UM, Georgia, Alabama and OSU. The two REAL SEMI-FINAL GAMES were between UM and OSU in the regular season and Alabama and Georgia in the SEC championship game.

The actual NATIONAL TITLE GAME was between UM and BAMA as the winner of that game was in all likelihood going to win it ALL which UM, the winner of that game, DID. And I believe Alabama would have prevalied against Washington as well.

As for Washington, not only OSU and Bama played UM tougher, but so, too, did Maryland and PSU. I think these former PAC-10 teams that have joined the BIG 10 will now be living in INTERESTING TIMES.
Yet Texas beat Alabama at Alabama.

Reactions: NDinNJ
I think Harbaugh has been one of the best and most underrated coaches in football over the last 20 years, taking on some really tough jobs, and getting great results. He's also just a really interesting personality IMO (awkward, eccentric, spacey). I wouldn't mind watching this guy finally get a championship on his resume.
Lol. So why did it take until year 7 and Conor Stallions before he beat OSU?

It definitely takes a bit of a perfect storm and a lot of luck no matter how good your team is in order to win a national title. BUT Michigan won this national title because 10 years ago they gave Harbaugh a record breaking contract (at the time) and pulled him away from the the NFL.

Who is NDs Harbaugh out there, and how much is ND willing to outspend the market to retain him?
They gave Harbie more leash…. through suspensions, personal embarrassments, controversial hires, asst coaches who broke the law, and breaking NCAA rules through Covid and through the sign stealing saga

Much more about selling their soul then $$$

I'm not convinced MI did anything egregiously wrong. They just happened to get caught. Much like USC for Reggie Bush getting some payouts...whereas the SEC routinely did this, like that $250k payout that got dismissed.

Cheating also doesn't occur when you eliminate standards. Like easy degrees anybody can pass, requiring no cheating. The NCAA is a dirty as they come, so no, I won't hang MI nor USC for what they did...as others seem to do far worse and get away with it.

I mean, the CFP committee just shoehorned Alabama into this over FSU. So coaches at practices or some play stealing by some coaches is much worse?
65 guys hired by Stallions to film opposing teams signs is not egregious?

Huge break and all part of the perfect storm for UM, but also have to give the Wolverines credit for running roughshod over their competition all season as only only two games were ever in really in doubt after the first five minutes of the second quarter, i.e., vs. OSU and Alabama. UM had dominant line play on both sides of the ball all season and controlled its games from start to finish, something you can only do if your have dominant line play.

I don’t think in any other iteration of the CFP that two of the four most statistically dominant teams and ones oddsmakers most favored during games, i.e., Georgia and Oregon, didn’t make it to the CFP. Obviously there’s valid reasons why neither team did, but UM got lucky in how events transpired that kept those teams out. Then it also caught Alabama in a season with a QB issue, a team that played way over its head against UGa and then had opportunities vs. UM even though UM made uncharacteristic mistakes that gave Alabama a chance.
Mich was a complete team

Period

Meyer got to UF and won a National Championship Year 2, Meyer went to Ohio State and won a National Championship Year 3. Saban went to Alabama and won a National Championship year 3. They are great coaches.

Harbaugh was about to get run out of town after his 6th season at Michigan. The 2020 COVID season was a disaster, culminating with him chickening out of playing Ohio Stare.

Suddenly he has become unbeatable in the regular season and 40-3 overall. And in the process he has been suspended for multiple games and is looking at multiple investigations. There may be a National Championship, but there is an asterisk and an undeniable stink around Harbaugh.

Meyer got to UF and won a National Championship Year 2, Meyer went to Ohio State and won a National Championship Year 3. Saban went to Alabama and won a National Championship year 3. They are great coaches.

Harbaugh was about to get run out of town after his 6th season at Michigan. The 2020 COVID season was a disaster, culminating with him chickening out of playing Ohio Stare.

Suddenly he has become unbeatable in the regular season the past 3 seasons and 40-3 overall. And in the process he has been suspended and is looking at multiple investigations. There may be a National Championship, but it comes with an asterisk and a major stink.
Harbaugh had a mess to clean up. If we end up a disaster like they had, it’ll take a good coach 7 years to fix us too.

Harbaugh had a mess to clean up. If we end up a disaster like they had, it’ll take a good coach 7 years to fix us too.

Well said. It's always nuanced, and there can be major differences. The rise of Saban and Meyer drove and were part of the ascendency of the SEC, pushing the evolution of college football: more advanced program management, coaching, easy degree paths, yes, payouts, and sheer culture.

No way was Harbaugh going into a similar environment into a Michigan that had dumpster fire debacles under Rodriguez and Hoke. It was basically a total rebuild. A more appropriate comparison is to Brian Kelly arriving at ND.

It took Harbaugh 9 years. So? He got it done. He evidently got the players he wanted, notably in defense. The MI defense is legit elite...something I haven't seen from any non-SEC team outside of Ohio State the past 15 years or so.

Again: Harbaugh got it done. Brian Kelly didn't. My take is that Harbaugh got what he wanted but Brian Kelly didn't. We will get the full appraisal of Brian at LSU, as he has no excuse now.

Anyways, kudos to Harbaugh and MI. I continue to wish the same for ND and Freeman, hoping it's not 9 years, although I'd take that...but Freeman in year 1 at ND is NOT Harbaugh in year 1 at MI as a coach...although I'll give Freeman starts with a better roster, though far from compete.

Well said. It's always nuanced, and there can be major differences. The rise of Saban and Meyer drove and were part of the ascendency of the SEC, pushing the evolution of college football: more advanced program management, coaching, easy degree paths, yes, payouts, and sheer culture.

No way was Harbaugh going into a similar environment into a Michigan that had dumpster fire debacles under Rodriguez and Hoke. It was basically a total rebuild. A more appropriate comparison is to Brian Kelly arriving at ND.

It took Harbaugh 9 years. So? He got it done. He evidently got the players he wanted, notably in defense. The MI defense is legit elite...something I haven't seen from any non-SEC team outside of Ohio State the past 15 years or so.

Again: Harbaugh got it done. Brian Kelly didn't. My take is that Harbaugh got what he wanted but Brian Kelly didn't. We will get the full appraisal of Brian at LSU, as he has no excuse now.

Anyways, kudos to Harbaugh and MI. I continue to wish the same for ND and Freeman, hoping it's not 9 years, although I'd take that...but Freeman in year 1 at ND is NOT Harbaugh in year 1 at MI as a coach...although I'll give Freeman starts with a better roster, though far from compete.
Exactly. Harbaugh got a Natty. BK never will and he will be run out of LA in a couple of years.

His seat is getting hot so he may try to leave. Not sure who would want him. Reminds me of Urban, everytime the pressure was on, he had chest pains and had to "retire"
He doesn't reming me of Urban in any way

Urban is one of the best cfb coaches I've seen

Suddenly he has become unbeatable in the regular season and 40-3 overall. And in the process he has been suspended for multiple games and is looking at multiple investigations. There may be a National Championship, but there is an asterisk and an undeniable stink around Harbaugh.
BK was 59-31 from 2010-2016, 4-8 in 2016 before he went on his run. The only difference, Harbaugh actually won games in the biggest moments, with BK we are still waiting even at LSU.

Dabo took 5-6 years before he got Clemson to win a NC.

Reactions: banmate6
Exactly. Harbaugh got a Natty. BK never will and he will be run out of LA in a couple of years.

Maybe. But I still wish BK success. I too thought he had limits...but something tells me if Oregano could win at LSU, so too can BK.

Again, I think the main difference is stacking of talent is a bit harder due to NIL and transfers. Alabama, Ohio State, MI, and LSU will continue to get the best, but just slightly less than to the degree of the last 15 years.

This indeed favors a team like MI, making the recruiting gap that much shorter...same for ND, although as we often discuss, ND might not go as far as MI to get better recruits.

LSU and BK can get the players needed.

• Haha
Reactions: tbonesays
His seat is getting hot so he may try to leave. Not sure who would want him. Reminds me of Urban, everytime the pressure was on, he had chest pains and had to "retire"

Reminds me more of Pete Carroll.

:)

My conspiracy theory: the SEC & ESPN don't like competition, enlisting conference foes and conferences to abandon their own. Much as I am sad at the demise of the PAC, heck, why didn't they defend USC for what the SEC routinely did and even codified?

It's just a conspiracy theory.

;)

BK was 59-31 from 2010-2016, 4-8 in 2016 before he went on his run. The only difference, Harbaugh actually won games in the biggest moments, with BK we are still waiting even at LSU.

Good observations and points!

I compared the ND football program after year 2 of Freeman, to the Michigan program after year 9 of Harbaugh Perhaps if you removed your nose from Harbaugh’s rear end you’d be able to catch my drift.

But my guess is you like your nose right where it is, don’t you 🤡?
Unlike you and other morons, I’m objective.

Harbaugh’s record in the NFL and the NCAA is spectacular

Only a fool would denegrate his coaching abilities and record.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I recognize that he’s a great coach with enviable record in the NFL and NCAA, you’re just too stupid to understand and acknowledge the obvious !

Unlike you and other morons, I’m objective.

Harbsugh’s record in the NFL and the NCAA is spectacular

Only a fool would denegrate his coaching abilities and record.

Everything I said about Harbaugh was factual. I left out the fact SF wanted to trade him to the Cleveland Browns because he’s such a prick. Go to Ann Arbor with your anointing oil. And help the NCAA with the cheating investigation.

You have less skills than I imagined. Poor baby I think I just hurt your feelings. Don’t look now but I clubbed a baby seal. Adios Mrs Harbaugh.

Last edited:

Where did I mention BK or Swinney? Neither of whom I consider great coaches. I consider Switzer, Osborne, Meyer and Saban great coaches. You have guys like Paterno, Smart, Swinney with 2 that can make their case. But 1? No way. Not when you have scrubs like Ogeron, Coker, Chizik, and J Fisher sitting with 1 National Championship.

Last edited:
Everything I said about Harbaugh was factual. I left out the fact SF wanted to trade him to the Cleveland Browns because he’s such a prick. Go to Ann Arbor with your anointing oil. And help the NCAA with the cheating investigation.

You have less skills than I imagined. Poor baby I think I just hurt your feelings. Don’t look now but I clubbed a baby seal. Adios Mrs Harbaugh.
You’re a tool, Harbaugh‘s record speaks for itself

You don’t have the brains required to hurt my feelings !

Harbaugh is holding the National Championship trophy and you’re just holding your tiny pee-pee

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT