ADVERTISEMENT

Natty Championship game Washington VS Michigan

NCDomer1

I've posted how many times?
Sep 23, 2005
I got the Huskies because of Michael Penix Jr. and his fleet footed wide outs. The Wolves will play conservative relying on the run game and defense, but Washington will come out winging it all over the field throw out the line in this one and bet the over.
Harbaugh will be off to the NFL right before the big actually gets some teams that are not equal to MAC competition; therefore, the big just got better. Their first game year is at Texas? Their schedule is brutal.

Who do you have?

Rooting for Washington but my gut says Michigan wins, unfortunately.

The key will be Washington’s O-Line protecting Penix. If Michigan’s D Line is effective as they were vs Bama, it’s a wrap.

I got the Huskies because of Michael Penix Jr. and his fleet footed wide outs. The Wolves will play conservative relying on the run game and defense, but Washington will come out winging it all over the field throw out the line in this one and bet the over.
Harbaugh will be off to the NFL right before the big actually gets some teams that are not equal to MAC competition; therefore, the big just got better. Their first game year is at Texas? Their schedule is brutal.

Who do you have?
Their 2nd game of the year is home vs Texas.

I think Michigan rushes for 200 yards, controls the clock and wears down the Huskies defense in the 4th qtr. Penix will put up some passing yards but Michigan will get 3-5 sacks, show different defensive looks and do enough to pull out a 27-21 win.

Reactions: tkirish
I think Michigan rushes for 200 yards, controls the clock and wears down the Huskies defense in the 4th qtr. Penix will put up some passing yards but Michigan will get 3-5 sacks, show different defensive looks and do enough to pull out a 27-21 win.
I’m inclined to agree. Though I would like to see Washington win. If Michigan plays straight up power run with play action , they should be able handle UW. The only way I see Washington winning is if get 2-3 turnovers.

I’m inclined to agree. Though I would like to see Washington win. If Michigan plays straight up power run with play action , they should be able handle UW. The only way I see Washington winning is if get 2-3 turnovers.
Michigan is going to have a lot of trouble handling Washingtons 3 wrs. They haven't seen a passing attack near as good all season long

Reactions: bizzybecknd
Michigan is going to have a lot of trouble handling Washingtons 3 wrs. They haven't seen a passing attack near as good all season long

But they (all but one of this year's DBs) saw one last year vs the Buckeyes.

But they (all but one of this year's DBs) saw one last year vs the Buckeyes.

Michigan hasn't (probable no one outside the pac-12 has) seen WRs like Washington's along with the accuracy of QB Michael Pennix.

Watching last week's Wash vs TX game I was thinking again and again WOW ... those 30+ yard throws were as accurate as 5-10 yard throws by other good QBs, and their receivers, despite often being pretty well covered, still made the catch. I think Michigan has their hands full, but no idea who is going to win.

I think it comes down to how much pressure the Michigan D can get on Penix
IF they get enough they win; if not they lose

Who do you have?
For me I'm fine with either team winning.
I like Penix alot, but Washington defense it not Michigan's so i believe Michigans will have an easier time moving the ball than Washington

The biggest question I have is whether Washington can stop Michigan's run game. Texas ran for 180 yards, averaging 6 ypc. McCarthy has the ability to extend plays or run for first downs. I think Michigan will have similar success.

Michigan's receiving corp. is a little underrated. Roman Wilson is a big play threat and Michigan utilizes it's tight ends about as well as anyone. Donovan Edwards has 30 receptions from his RB position.

I expect a close game. Washington can certainly win the game. I just think its Michigan's year to win it all. (The fact that I made a $100 wager back in August for Michigan to win the NC at +850 does not influence my pick). I'm an OSU alum.

They had 2 elite wrs. This Washington team has 3. No cold weather as well

Njigba and Henderson didnt play

Last year Ohio State had Egbuka, Harrison Jr. and Julian Flemming (top prospect from PA now headed to Penn State). They combined for 295 yards on 21 receptions. Quite comparable to Washington's trio.

Reactions: BGI User 756
I’m pulling for Washington all the way. Their QB and receivers are special. I don’t bet Sports, but if I did; I would bet on Michigan. I think Michigan will dominate the offensive line of scrimmage, and put up a big rushing number against Wash that will keep Penix and his receivers watching the time slip by. Glad I don’t bet because I want to see Washington win Badly in a high scoring close game.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
I've got the Huskies as well. As much as I dislike Michigan they are very physical though. Huskies need to jump out to a lead to force Michigan to throw.

Last year Ohio State had Egbuka, Harrison Jr. and Julian Flemming (top prospect from PA now headed to Penn State). They combined for 295 yards on 21 receptions. Quite comparable to Washington's trio.
No. Fleming is average at best. Polk is much better than him

They had 2, not 3.

Njigba and Henderson did not play. Fleming is an average college player and below average is more accurate

No. Fleming is average at best. Polk is much better than him

They had 2, not 3.

Njigba and Henderson did not play. Fleming is an average college player and below average is more accurate

Well, we will just have to wait and see if Penix Jr. wins rookie of the year next season...

The two passing attacks are COMPARABLE.

No Connor Stalions whispering the plays into both coordinators ears, unlike last year vs. tOSU. This will be a great game. Seems like UM is a team of destiny this year. All the breaks on the field have gone its way.

No Connor Stalions whispering the plays into both coordinators ears, unlike last year vs. tOSU. This will be a great game. Seems like UM is a team of destiny this year. All the breaks on the field have gone its way.
Other than Bama they haven't needed many breaks with a weak schedule

DL ? To pressure Penix, it is the Michigan DL that will have to beat the Washington OL.
Michigan has a great DL and UW's OL is likely undersized.

And UW is not good at stopping the run which we know Harbaugh likes to do. The Huskies gave up over 6 yards per rush to Texas.
I dont agree with that
UGA didn't face a great schedule. GaTech was in the top half of the Dawgs sos.

Michigan has a great DL and UW's OL is likely undersized.

And UW is not good at stopping the run which we know Harbaugh likes to do. The Huskies gave up over 6 yards per rush to Texas.

UGA didn't face a great schedule. GaTech was in the top half of the Dawgs sos.
They played Alabama, Missouri, Ole Miss, Tennessee

That is better than PSU, OSU, Iowa and Maryland

They played Alabama, Missouri, Ole Miss, Tennessee

That is better than PSU, OSU, Iowa and Maryland
Now both Michigan and UGA played Bama. The computers also give credit to UGA for beating a top 5 FSU team when everyone knows the team in the game was maybe top 40.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT