ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle Hamilton Senior Film

Is there any chance he moves to the offensive side of the ball?

Being we're on the rivals site...does somebody want to pass this film on the recruiting guru's here. 18th rated safety prospect according to rivals?

Being we're on the rivals site...does somebody want to pass this film on the recruiting guru's here. 18th rated safety prospect according to rivals?

They may be hung-up on that old 40 time.

To give a quick summary, he went to the Opening Finals & blew up. This year the Opening banned Rivals from attending. So anything he did there has no effect on Rivals ratings. They will update their end of season rankings soon & I would guess he moves up, but probably not to a 5 Star like on other sites. (Being committed doesn’t help either).
I can tell you the ND analyst (Coach D) here on Rivals has him as a 5 Star, as does many others.
Kid is a top 20 player nationally & a legit 5 Star, no question.

Just feel bad for all the kids going up against him. It's not even fair. Guy has smooth athleticism like Kevin Durant, but physical. His range is unreal and kinda reminds me of Ed Reed in that regard. His fundamentals are poor, but that's very common for guys like him who can get away with superior athleticism. I'm sure Coach Joseph will get that cleaned up.

Just feel bad for all the kids going up against him. It's not even fair. Guy has smooth athleticism like Kevin Durant, but physical. His range is unreal and kinda reminds me of Ed Reed in that regard. His fundamentals are poor, but that's very common for guys like him who can get away with superior athleticism. I'm sure Coach Joseph will get that cleaned up.

I hate to throw out comparables for a high school kid like this but he reminds me of Sean Taylor...

I hate to throw out comparables for a high school kid like this but he reminds me of Sean Taylor...
It's funny you said that, as that name came up in my mind too. The reason I didn't say that is because he's not as big as Taylor, but could certainly put on the weight and hopefully maintain that speed and athleticism. Also, Taylor was a helluva hitter. But again Hamilton could be that too someday.

No idea what type of competition he is facing in these clips, but he is clearly the dominant athlete on the field. That one clip early of him jumping over the line, blocking the kick, picking it up with one hand and going the distance is insane.

It's funny you said that, as that name came up in my mind too. The reason I didn't say that is because he's not as big as Taylor, but could certainly put on the weight and hopefully maintain that speed and athleticism. Also, Taylor was a helluva hitter. But again Hamilton could be that too someday.

He's actually the exact same height as Taylor, 6'2.5, and right now he weighs about 190lbs. Taylor played at about 220lbs in the NFL. Hamilton will be 200lbs by the start of his freshman season... I could easily see him at 215-220lb range, 4 years from now...

I don't know if he has Taylor's change of direction at that size, but he plays the game a lot like Sean did... I really hate comparing a high school kid to an All Pro though. I haven't been as excited about a Notre Dame defender since Jaylon Smith, and he went on to win the Butkus and would have been a top 5 NFL draft pick had he not gotten injured in the Bowl Game.

Reactions: IrishMike409
If he can get coached up with not having his feet be still and angels he will be unbelievable. Kid is clearly the 5* ND just doesn’t get often.

Kevin Durant? Didn’t expect to see that name lol. If he can be what KD is for ND... LOL

Unreal talent. He has all of the intangibles. Best player in the class for us.

Did LVille even fire him? Looking back I’m started to be amazed we even made the Fiesta bowl with that joker.

That is amazing. LMAO

I don't think OSU had to punt all game. Damn Joe Schmidt was 3 plays ahead of OSU mentally, but OSU was only running 2 plays ahead at the time. (I like Joe, but remember BVG being in love with the guy to the point it was ridiculous).

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Wow, the film on Kyle is incredible. Maybe the level of competition wasn't elite, but his athleticism is simply off the charts. I almost laughed on a couple of those kick blocks, he made it look so easy. Looking forward to seeing him roam ND's defensive backfield.

247 has him as the #2 safety, and #22 player nationally...

Wow, the film on Kyle is incredible. Maybe the level of competition wasn't elite, but his athleticism is simply off the charts. I almost laughed on a couple of those kick blocks, he made it look so easy. Looking forward to seeing him roam ND's defensive backfield.

His competition is pretty darn good. That's top tier Georgia football, the same league JD Bertrand, KJ Wallace and a plethora of other kids committed to P5 schools around the country play in.

Georgia HS football is outstanding----one of the country's 3 best states for it.

His competition is pretty darn good. That's top tier Georgia football, the same league JD Bertrand, KJ Wallace and a plethora of other kids committed to P5 schools around the country play in.

Thanks. I don't profess to know anything about the league he plays in, so I'll take your word for it. To me, that just makes his film all the more amazing, to see him stand out as the best athlete on the field among other kids who can also play ball. Looks like we got ourselves a real player.

Same league as Trevor Lawrence, right?

S
Great film, however I hope he doesn't come in wearing that number. I'm having flash backs of Max Redfield.
Similar athleticism, but his natural instincts and nose for the ball on those highlights are what impress me the most.

hypothetical

if Hamilton goes ‘bust’
who would be the greater bust? Powlus or Hamilton?

Powlus all day... He was touted as possibly the best QB prospect ever.
Right up there with Jimmy Clausen. Though Jimmy had a decent sophomore year and excellent junior year. I think Powlus would be looked at differently if he had played from 90-93 instead of 94-97.

Right up there with Jimmy Clausen. Though Jimmy had a decent sophomore year and excellent junior year. I think Powlus would be looked at differently if he had played from 90-93 instead of 94-97.

I don't think Clausen was a bust at all. Wound up a 2nd round NFL draft pick after taking years of beatings. I think what Clausen was proof of is that even the best quarterbacks need help to get their team over the top.

That said, I always wondered what he would have done had he stayed for his senior year and played in Brian Kelly's passing offense. Given the numbers Tony Pike put up at Cinci I think Jimmy could have a had an incredible final campaign in South Bend. I understand why he left though.

I get where you're coming from relative to his proclamations but that had more to do with him landing at Notre Dame than anything else. No fans base hypes their prospects (especially their quarterbacks) like Notre Dame. Every good QB is going to be a Heisman favourite in the eyes of the QB fanbase. It's just the nature of the beast that comes with being the QB at ND.

Reactions: nemeth#5
That said, I always wondered what he would have done had he stayed for his senior year and played in Brian Kelly's passing offense. Given the numbers Tony Pike put up at Cinci I think Jimmy could have a had an incredible final campaign in South Bend. I understand why he left though.
^this

I don't think Clausen was a bust at all. Wound up a 2nd round NFL draft pick after taking years of beatings. I think what Clausen was proof of is that even the best quarterbacks need help to get their team over the top.

I get where you're coming from relative to his proclamations but that had more to do with him landing at Notre Dame than anything else. No fans base hypes their prospects (especially their quarterbacks) like Notre Dame. Every good QB is going to be a Heisman favourite in the eyes of the QB fanbase. It's just the nature of the beast that comes with being the QB at ND.

I don't think Jimmy was a bust either. I think he was an really good QB on a bad team. I brought up Jimmy cause he was one of the most hyped up QB at ND ever, right with Powlus. I think had Powlus had come in 4 years earlier that ND fans would have looked at him in a more favorable light. He just wasn't playing on teams at the same level as his predecessors.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT