ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle Hamilton

Dec 7, 2007
I was watching Colin Cowherd's show today--I know, many of you don't like him--and they were going over their picks for the weekend NFL games, including the Ravens/Jaguars game. As part of that discussion, Cowherd raved about the play of Kyle Hamilton, who sprained his knee last week against the Rams and may be unable to play against the Jags, though current news reports are painting a more optimistic picture.

Apparently PFF graded out Kyle as the best safety in the league last year, though I haven't gone on the PFF website to independently verify that. He made the PFWA All-Rookie Team. Other accounts said he started his rookie season last year a little slowly and then came on very strongly and by season's end was playing as well as any safety in the league.

Good to hear that Kyle is doing really well. Because of his 40 time he probably dropped a little bit in the 2022 NFL draft (some mock drafts had him as a top 5 pick), but it sounds like the Ravens are really happy he did.

Any Ravens fans on the board?

Reactions: BGI User 756
I'm not surprised at his success at all. I remember one draft analyst listed him among his likeliest 1st round busts. The analyst's reason was that Hamilton doesn't have a true position. Is he a safety or a linebacker? I would want him on my team at either position, frankly.

Kyle Hamilton, just like Jaylon Smith, was a total stud from his first game of his Freshman season I remember his first game in ND stadium, 2019 vs New Mexico, and he came out of the gates with a pick 6 in the 1st quarter, and never looked back.

I was watching Colin Cowherd's show today--I know, many of you don't like him--and they were going over their picks for the weekend NFL games, including the Ravens/Jaguars game. As part of that discussion, Cowherd raved about the play of Kyle Hamilton, who sprained his knee last week against the Rams and may be unable to play against the Jags, though current news reports are painting a more optimistic picture.

Apparently PFF graded out Kyle as the best safety in the league last year, though I haven't gone on the PFF website to independently verify that. He made the PFWA All-Rookie Team. Other accounts said he started his rookie season last year a little slowly and then came on very strongly and by season's end was playing as well as any safety in the league.

Good to hear that Kyle is doing really well. Because of his 40 time he probably dropped a little bit in the 2022 NFL draft (some mock drafts had him as a top 5 pick), but it sounds like the Ravens are really happy he did.

He plays fast, it is football not track

As a jaguar ticket holder I sure hope he sits it out.

He is now listed as "questionable," which in NFL vernacular means there is a good chance he plays. Probably will come down to how concerned the Ravens are he will aggravate the injury. Should be a really good game. Looking forward to it.
Well for the sake of the value of the tickets I hope two things came be true as the same time..... Jags win and KH plays a good game

Kyle Hamilton, just like Jaylon Smith, was a total stud from his first game of his Freshman season I remember his first game in ND stadium, 2019 vs New Mexico, and he came out of the gates with a pick 6 in the 1st quarter, and never looked back.
Unfortunately very few others developed that quickly.

Nice game last night by Kyle on MNF. The Ravens beat the 49ers pretty easily. Early in the game Joe Buck and Troy Aikman were raving about Kyle's play this year, and then he went out and had two interceptions and a bunch of tackles. He really played well, and it is easy to see why the Ravens are so high on him.

Kyle's play in the game got him a nice write up on ESPN:

Buy a breakout performance: Safety Kyle Hamilton. He displayed the All-Pro form he's shown all season to a national television audience with two interceptions in the first half -- matching the combined total from his first 30 career games. His first one in the end zone ended San Francisco's promising first drive. Hamilton's second came after he got chop-blocked by Christian McCaffrey and had an offensive lineman land on top of him. He got up to catch a deflected pass by Purdy, who recorded his first four-interception game of his 24-game career.

Hamilton received a scare when he went down with a right knee injury in the fourth quarter. He did not re-enter the game but remained on the sideline after coming out of the medical tent, which could be encouraging news for the Ravens going forward.

Last edited:
Ravens know how to draft, and the Ravens got themselves Ed Reed 2.0. He finds the ball and the ball finds him. Harrison Smith & Kyle Hamilton. ND should market themselves as Safety U!

Ravens know how to draft, and the Ravens got themselves Ed Reed 2.0. He finds the ball and the ball finds him. Harrison Smith & Kyle Hamilton. ND should market themselves as Safety U!

Also, Julian Love starts at safety for Seattle and Alohi Gilman plays a lot for Chargers with some starts. Brandon Joseph on Lons practice squad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT