ADVERTISEMENT

Kelly is the #1 reason why ND is 1-2 and out of the top 25

Zorich 88

I've posted how many times?
Dec 7, 2006
There is not one Kelly supporter than cannot say Kelly is the reason why ND is now 1-2 and out the top 25. ND has more talent than Texas and State. The difference between 1-2 and 3-0 is the head coach. In both loses the game plan on both sides of the ball have been terrible. From not having the balls to name a qb, to not taking shots down field against State in the first half. ND had to many 3 and outs against State. That puts way to much pressure on a young defense. The left side of the oline is first round NFL talent. The ball should have been ran continually over the left side. Instead Kelly wants to run behind a first year center. No one can defend the ND coach. He recruited every player on the team. Jelly hired every coach on staff.

Last edited:
Reactions: NDAyers
He is the HC so logically that is correct. So last year after losing his #1QB, his #1 & 2 RB and countless more during the season only to come down to a face mask penalty that saved Stanford's win do we give him credit for one of the best coaching jobs ever? Just can't buy he got stupid in one year nor did BVG....I might be wrong..... id just like to see how they mature.....

ND would be 3-0 if they plaued Michigans schedule..... would have given us time to mature....

Last edited:
He is the HC so logically that is correct. So last year after losing his #1QB, his #1 & 2 RB and countless more during the season only to come down to a face mask penalty that saved Stanford's win do we give him credit for one of the best coaching jobs ever? Just can't buy he got stupid in one year nor did BVG....I might be wrong..... id just like to see how they mature.....

ND would be 3-0 if they plaued Michigans schedule..... would have given us time to mature....

wow!
a talent like Kizer becomes his last resort and he has no option except him! It took a transfer and an injury for Kelly to discover him! and you credit him for that fateful stroke of luck!

An elite coach is an elite coach year in and year out. An elite coach recruits and develops players year in and year out. Kelly is getting paid the kind of money that elite coaches get paid. Jelly has no real system. It is all about the system you run. Meyer has a system and he recruits players that fit that system. Same with Saban. I am tired of the excuses. The ND schedule turned out to be pretty average last year. The teams ND beat were not very good. The guy has to go.

Reactions: die4irish
There is not one Kelly supporter than cannot say Kelly is the reason why ND is now 1-2 and out the top 25. ND has more talent than Texas and State. The difference between 1-2 and 3-0 is the head coach. In both loses the game plan on both sides of the ball have been terrible. From not having the balls to name a qb, to not taking shots down field against State in the first half. ND had to many 3 and outs against State. That puts way to much pressure on a young defense. The left side of the oline is first round NFL talent. The ball should have been ran continually over the left side. Instead Kelly wants to run behind a first year center. No one can defend the ND coach. He recruited every player on the team. Jelly hired every coach on staff.
I agree but the run game schemes are the worst in college football history. The left side of the line is under attack . Defenses know what's coming. No Play action at all.. LB's just come downhill fast, safeties even faster.... Cannot block them all. Run game suck's ass. BK offense has been the same in his 7 years.

The guy loses every big game he plays (outside of the sooner win). FSU, Clemson, OSU, Bama. Are just some of the loses he has taken in big games. I am sure the Kelly apologist will blame injuries. This season is a complete wash. Houston and Louisville will have better seasons this year. We will be lucky to see 7 wins.

So your saying last year it was the players credit they won and this year its not the players fault? That's fairly illogical. IMO it is the HC's fault when they win and lose. You can't have it both ways. They have had a few bad breaks and could easily be 3-0. unfortunately they are not so he gets the blame, as he will get the credit as they grow and win.

So your saying last year it was the players credit they won and this year its not the players fault? That's fairly illogical. IMO it is the HC's fault when they win and lose. You can't have it both ways. They have had a few bad breaks and could easily be 3-0. unfortunately they are not so he gets the blame, as he will get the credit as they grow and win.

Grow and win what??? DK could be gone after this year. The oline will be a lot different next year. A few bad breaks???? No there were no bad breaks. Only bad coaching. Bad breaks would not matter if you play Texas with DK. Bad breaks would mean nothing if you opened the offense against State in the first half.

This coach has peaked. Kelly will not bring ND a championship. Go get Herman from Houston. Now that's a leader. Kelly is not a leader.

Those whole 2 elite coaches that their admissions office allow anyone with a pulse in? Saban would not win at ND just like he did not at MSU when you had to have actual student athletes. Meyer asked to take XX juco's and students that could not get in and when we said no he was not up for the challenge. said you cannot win at ND with those rules..... maybe he knows more than we do.

Those whole 2 elite coaches that their admissions office allow anyone with a pulse in? Saban would not win at ND just like he did not at MSU when you had to have actual student athletes. Meyer asked to take XX juco's and students that could not get in and when we said no he was not up for the challenge. said you cannot win at ND with those rules..... maybe he knows more than we do.

Again with the excuses. DK = NFL
The left side of the oline = NFL
At least three of the WR's = NFL
D. Hayes = NFL
Conney = NFL
Morgan = NFL
Josh Adams = NFL
Rochell = NFL
This team is loaded with NFL talent. Stop making excuses.

Go get a coach with a one year resume? He seems a bit short on experience for a National power. I think he needs to bake a bit more.

Kind of ironic fact for Zorich88. ND's last title was won primarily by two athletes that could not get into ND but an exception was made for both by a ruled called Prop 48. Tony Rice and Chris Zorich missed the cut but were accepted under this rule. The first and only two players. Lou got that exception. does Lou's one title not happen without that "excuse"? I'd say we lose 2.

Those 2 players were prop 48 guys and had to sit a year... They were labeled unfairly. Both became legendary players and great leaders, holtz had a lot to do with their development on and off the field. I'm pretty sure ND has some players today that would have been prop 48 guys on the roster today.

We played terrible against MSU. We only lost by 8. That tells me MSU isn't that great either.

We played terrible against MSU. We only lost by 8. That tells me MSU isn't that great either.
Kind of ironic fact for Zorich88. ND's last title was won primarily by two athletes that could not get into ND but an exception was made for both by a ruled called Prop 48. Tony Rice and Chris Zorich missed the cut but were accepted under this rule. The first and only two players. Lou got that exception. does Lou's one title not happen without that "excuse"? I'd say we lose 2.[/QUOTE

Zorich was not a prop 48.

has anyone wondered wth was Swarbrick thinking! no one has coached ND twelve years in how long?

why lock into a 2nd 6!!!! year deal. why why why why why why?

ND ages you. Successful or not.

Jack really F'd up on this one! One of the best biz schools in the country keeps getting into bad one sided contracts!

Hilarious post--- Last year when we had a very strong left side o-line, Kelly was criticized for "always running to the left". Now,we aren't running left enough??? Also,I think you meant"should have run the ball " ,not " should have RAN the ball".

We get it. you do not like Kelly as a HC. Yes its overall Kelly's fault because he is the HC. . Big is a bad hire..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT