ADVERTISEMENT

Jayden Thomas dilemma

NCDomer1

I've posted how many times?
Sep 23, 2005
Do we take another wide out now that Colzie and Styles are on board or call it quits. I think we should take all the Jayden Thomas's we can get. Top 250 recruite who has an interest in ND.

I know depth wise we look strong at wide out, but let the stars shine and it will work out

Do we take another wide out now that Colzie and Styles are on board or call it quits. I think we should take all the Jayden Thomas's we can get. Top 250 recruite who has an interest in ND.

I know depth wise we look strong at wide out, but let the stars shine and it will work out

There is no dilemma.

ND is taking Jaylen Thomas if we can land him.

Fortunately, he literally just announced that he’s committing on Friday...and things appear to be looking good for ND there.

We’ll keep recruiting Donte Thornton too, even after landing Jaylen Thomas. Unfortunately, Thornton is probably an Oregon lean.

Thomas is good. I’ll be glad if we land him and he can help this team improve.

But Thornton...that kid is somewhere between Claypool/Boykin and Mike Floyd. 5* STUD.

Maybe, the staff intends to take a wide out and turn them into a corner

I honestly think ND is still in it with Ceyair Wright and Theron Johnson. My guess is there won't be an o-line decommit from another team decide on ND . Titus Mokiao-Atimalala and maybe Kahua Kia might be ND's soon enough. Thornton and Edwards are my icing on the cake picks. Not saying it will happen but crossing my fingers. That way over the original numbers but Covid has changed a lot of things. 22 class will get ND into top 5 ,I think.

Reactions: IrishMike409
There is no dilemma. You take Jayden Thomas all day, every day and you don't look back... Next year you likely lose....

Numbers always work themselves out as long as your take a reasonable number of players. I'm not suggesting you over recruit by 7-8 players, but if you're 5 over the limit in the off season, so be it.

Assuming your losing the following players, or the NCAA will waiver them for a 6th year that won't count against the scholarship limit....

QB: Ian Book
RB: Jafar Armstrong
WR: Avery Davis
WR: Javon Mckinley
WR: Ben Skowronek
TE: Brock Wright
OL: Liam Eichenberg
OL: Aaron Banks
OL: Tommy Kraemer
OL: Robert Hainsey
OL: Dillan Gibbons
DL: Daelin Hayes
DL: Kurt Hinish
DL: Ade Ogundeji
DL: Myron Tagavailoa-Amosa
DL: Kofi Wardlow
LB: Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah
LB: Drew White
CB: Nick McCloud
S: Shaun Crawford
K: Jonathan Doerer

That's 21 players. Some would have been 5th year eligible under normal conditions. Regardless, you can expect to lose 4-5 players to attrition beyond that group, for a variety of reasons.

ND can go as high as about 22 guys, if the right players want in. That said, thr transfer portal is a lucrative market now, therefore, I think you'll see ND save 1 or 2 spots in each class to plug a hole via transfer, especially in instances where they don't have a coveted prospect they'd be leaving on the board.

Last edited:
There is no dilemma. You take Jayden Thomas all day, every day and you don't look back... Next year you likely lose....

Numbers always work themselves out as long as your take a reasonable number of players. I'm not suggesting you over recruit by 7-8 players, but if you're 5 over the limit in the off season, so be it.

Assuming your losing the following players, or the NCAA will waiver them for a 6th year that won't count against the scholarship limit....

That's 21 players. Some would have been 5th year eligible under normal conditions. Regardless, you can expect to lose 4-5 players to attrition beyond that group, for a variety of reasons.

ND can go as high as about 22 guys, if the right players want in. That said, thr transfer portal is a lucrative market now, therefore, I think you'll see ND save 1 or 2 spots in each class to plug a hole via transfer, especially in instances where they don't have a coveted prospect they'd be leaving on the board.

not sure Brock Wright comes back, listed as a starter I say Mayer passing him by and Tremble is established.

nice to know we’ll have Dorer for another season

I would expect Myron back, maybe drew white (don't think he's playing very good)

I think you'll see White, MTA, Doerer back from that group. With Banks and Gibbons possibly back as well

Seems like we lose a WR 'unexpectedly' every year.

so welcome aboard!

Don't think so. Isn't he a sophmore??? I think the NFL has rules that you have to have completed your junior year or completed your red shirt sophomore season. He is listed as a true Sophmore IIRC
Hes a RS soph. He could go pro after this yr

I am a strong believer in get the best talent in and move them to positions of need that suits their skills so there is no dilemma. plenty of guys have move positions in college. you can teach positions, you can't teach natural athletic build, fast twitch muscles, reaction.

Don't think so. Isn't he a sophmore??? I think the NFL has rules that you have to have completed your junior year or completed your red shirt sophomore season. He is listed as a true Sophmore IIRC
Redshirt Sophmore, 3rd year with the program. He is a top 3 TE prospect if he comes out if not the top.

Reactions: 1Redrum
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT