ADVERTISEMENT

Jafar Armstrong, RB, Cole Kmet, TE, Michael Young, WR, Kevin Austin, WR, and maybe Chase Claypool ?

“But, i want ND to be a contender for a championship. Right now there's two things that concern me. Run D and Ian Book, a 3rd i guess would be health.”

I’m not “claiming” you said it, you said it in your own words.
Thank you for using my actual quote.

“What's our best win in the last 3 years and who was QB. There's a reason Book couldn't play vs UM, kelly said book was not the type of QB to handle UMs pressure, and we obviously know why now. Wimbush was in constant pressure the entire game, stood in and stepped up in the pocket and made some extremely tough throws and runs.”

Still clamoring for Wimbush. Lol.

I must’ve missed kelly’s quote that “book wasn’t the type of qb to handle Michigan’s pressure”. Why would he even say this about a backup qb at the time? More fake news.

No, we can all really see how much you like him, echo. And just ftr, you can jam the “personal” talk, I call it like I see it too and have zero personal interest. As for scrutiny of the position? I get it but let’s not pretend that you and a few others here have been posting your every day run of the mill scrutiny of the qb, it’s been far from that and all you have to do is read them to see that. But by all means, keep watching hoping that he fails like some of the others here do so they can run to the keyboard and talk about how he missed an easy blitz read at 10:22 in the 2nd qtr.
now you're acting like a child. no one wants him to fail, we'd all just like him to improve so ND can be more efficient and productive on offense. what's wrong with that ?

“Our oline isn't perfect but they did really well vs Louisville”

Didn’t read anything after this cuz the premise is BS.
Book had ample time against Louisville. if everything has to be perfect for him to be effective than he wasn't that good to start with then. few if any QB operates in a perfect pocket.

Reactions: BGI User 1596
Book had ample time against Louisville. if everything has to be perfect for him to be effective than he wasn't that good to start with then. few if any QB operates in a perfect pocket.
Build a WALL, preferably not too high so he can see over it.

“now you're acting like a child. no one wants him to fail, we'd all just like him to improve so ND can be more efficient and productive on offense. what's wrong with that ?”

Acting like a child? Lol.

I’d like them to improve too but the way that some of you go on & on & on about how book doesn’t do this right, book doesn’t do that right, to someone that doesn’t follow ND football that reads some of the shit you post about him, you’d think we’re floundering through an anemic scoring offense that keeps losing because of their offense. That narrative is horse$h1t.

“Book had ample time against Louisville. if everything has to be perfect for him to be effective than he wasn't that good to start with then. few if any QB operates in a perfect pocket.”

I thought you said that he was a very good college qb and that we were lucky to have him? Lol

And no, he didn’t have ample time against Lville. He had ample time here & there against Lville. If you think the oline protected well overall against Lville, we won’t agree on much after that. He left a few times early but rarely were there clean consistent pockets. Playcalling was subpar too. But what do I know, I’m a child.

And no, he didn’t have ample time against Lville. He had ample time here & there against Lville. If you think the oline protected well overall against Lville, we won’t agree on much after that. He left a few times early but rarely were there clean consistent pockets. Playcalling was subpar too. But what do I know, I’m a child.
He didn't have a lot of clean pockets. I was mildly disappointed in the O-line play, especially given that pass blocking is usually the thing we do best. You'd think, with an undersized defense, we could give Book more time than we did. That said, he did get happy feet and pulled the ball down too early a few times. It's hard, but you have to stick in there and do your progression. Otherwise we need to do rollouts, and we lose half the field on every pass play.

Reactions: francade
acting like one and being one are vastly different .

He didn't have a lot of clean pockets. I was mildly disappointed in the O-line play, especially given that pass blocking is usually the thing we do best. You'd think, with an undersized defense, we could give Book more time than we did. That said, he did get happy feet and pulled the ball down too early a few times. It's hard, but you have to stick in there and do your progression. Otherwise we need to do rollouts, and we lose half the field on every pass play.
exactly. anyone watch desean watson and drew brees last night ? thats how you play the position.

“acting like one and being one are vastly different .”

If acting like a child means disagreeing w/ you about evaluating the qb position, then paint me a toddler.

“acting like one and being one are vastly different .”

If acting like a child means disagreeing w/ you about evaluating the qb position, then paint me a toddler.
No, making ridiculous comments that some here are rooting for Ian Book to fail because you disagree with their assessment of his play recently certainly is childish.

“No, making ridiculous comments that some here are rooting for Ian Book to fail because you disagree with their assessment of his play recently certainly is childish.”

As I said, if I’m a child because I disagree w/ you about the qb position, all I have to say is ‘goo goo ga ga’. Stick to stunts and pulls, you don’t know $h1t about qb play.

What's our best win in the last 3 years and who was QB. There's a reason Book couldn't play vs UM, kelly said book was not the type of QB to handle UMs pressure, and we obviously know why now. Wimbush was in constant pressure the entire game, stood in and stepped up in the pocket and made some extremely tough throws and runs.

Wimbush was v good that day!

Reactions: BGI User 1596
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT