ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting, 5th Years and 2020 Depth Chart

PJ is just NOT a BK type QB. He better get the message or his football days are essentially over! He has abilities, but he is not a good fit for a BK offense (rest assured the offense is BK’s).

PJ is just NOT a BK type QB. He better get the message or his football days are essentially over! He has abilities, but he is not a good fit for a BK offense (rest assured the offense is BK’s).
BC needs a QB.

What happens if Ian Book grad transfers to Oklahoma? Does ND go for a grad transfer to take his place?

Why would the starting QB want to grad transfer from Notre Dame? He's not ready for the NFL, but that's his choice to make down the road after the bowl game. BK said he would actively recruit him to return to ND.

Reactions: Pennick4
Why would the starting QB want to grad transfer from Notre Dame? He's not ready for the NFL, but that's his choice to make down the road after the bowl game. BK said he would actively recruit him to return to ND.

The only scenario I could see is if he wanted to be tutored by an extremely high end QB coach such as Lincoln Riley before taking a shot at the NFL.

Reactions: BGI User 1596
It says he is willing to compete for the position and not take his ball and go home.

bull! he is 2 years in! he competed and if Book returns he is not part of the plan. College is not a career, it is 4 years! 2 are gone forever.

And maybe, just maybe he wants to graduate from ND. Now I know in today's CFB that might seem like a novel idea ... but just maybe

well, then perhaps, football is not his priority and might be apart of why he is on the bench.

jmo
Johnson beats out Lenzy. He is a more complete WR.
No high school senior is more complete at wide out than a kid who's had a full season in a college program unless your Amon Ra St. Brown.

I think that Hainsey is one of your 5 best. I just think that the staff stubbornly played him out of position for 3 years. At guard or center he has plus feet, plus arm length, adequate height, and adequate strength. At tackle he has inadequate height, inadequate arm length, average feet and average strength.
agreed, but the time to move him was last spring. i wouldn't mess with Patterson at all.

If Banks lost about 15lbs, I wouldn't mind flipping him to RT and playing Hainsey at LG.
Kelly wants his guards to be graders. Hainsey is ABSOLUTELY not that. Hainsey is a center at the next level and one that focus's on oline movement. If center doesn't work out he'll spend a few years in the league slowly gaining more weight and strength to where he can hopefully hold up at tackle.

Absolutely agree with you that Banks needs to shed some weight.

I think you keep Lugg at tackle even as 6th man if hainsey is better then have him come back in 2021 as 5yh yr sr and man a starting tackle position.

agree on Hainsey as C.
I thought that is where he would be day 1.

Watch out for Zeke in another year. watched him all through high school. I think he can become a taller A.Q. Shipley.

Has to put on a lot of weight. Really struggled to as a freshman. Maybe his body has adjusted now. Listed at 6'3, 270lbs this year... That's tiny by today's standards. Even if he adds 20lbs to that short frame, he's still going to need to be a near perfect technician to handle big time guys.

Has to put on a lot of weight. Really struggled to as a freshman. Maybe his body has adjusted now. Listed at 6'3, 270lbs this year... That's tiny by today's standards. Even if he adds 20lbs to that short frame, he's still going to need to be a near perfect technician to handle big time guys.
A.Q. is in his 8th year in the NFL and would only be 6 foot with mud cleats and on his tip toes. it's all about leverage. Zeke can get to 290 and be a beast.

A.Q. is in his 8th year in the NFL and would only be 6 foot with mud cleats and on his tip toes. it's all about leverage. Zeke can get to 290 and be a beast.

Not saying it can't be done and I'm certainly cheering for Zeke... But if you see the type of front Auburn has this year, or Georgia has this year, or worse, the front Clemson has last year, not sure I'd be planning on running at all when my center is outweighed by 35-40lbs and the creature across from him is a superior athlete as well.

JMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT