ADVERTISEMENT

Jadarian Price 22 RB Committed Irish!

Exactly. And as far as just his speed goes, if one feels emboldened to think they ought to knock this kid for it, there's absolutely no way to tell how fast he is or isn't based on these videos. Bottom line there's just no basis for knocking this kid as slow.

And someone mentioned Josh Adams? That would be a dream if he were another JA for us. And I think I remember Adams running somewhere in the 4.4 range. For what it's worth.

Just so we're clear I didn't knock the kid. I like his tape and his upside .

My knock was on the poster.

Just so we're clear I didn't knock the kid. I like his tape and his upside .

My knock was on the poster.

I wasn't talking about you. In any case, Ian Book has graduated, and and I've got to leave it there and turn the page! And let haters do what they're going to do. Just like the program itself is starting a new chapter. So I'll work on it.

Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Its a good commitment. So were Diggs and Estime. None of the 3 are elite backs though. Really good players but no home runs yet
Understand your comment, but impossible to know how each will develop physically and emotionally and mentally going forward. Every year at both the college and Pro levels, can‘t miss elites do in fact miss; and underrated players excel. The ones that play at the elite level for their high school certainly have the better odds they will do the same at the next level, but just that, better odds. I like each of these commits, and I’m Really looking forward to see how each develops at ND, running behind a great offensive line!

Reactions: echowaker
There is no way you can judge the speed of the back by comparing him to the speed of the defender watching on a tape. That is completely ridiculous.

What you can do is get fairly close on judging his or anyone else's speed .

Speed is nothing more than a combination of stride length and reps. { how many times your feet hit the ground }

When you watch a kid opened up and he isn't covering 5 yards with 2 strides it's virtually impossible for him to run a 4.5 according to every D-1 coach I've ever spoken to.

I have a very close friend who was an NFL Asst for 30 years and likely worked out 1,000 college guys at least during his career. He retired about 10-12 years ago.

He told me in 30 years he timed 4 legit 4.4 guys during that time .

The point is guys do a whole lot of lying about speed . I know I did. :):)

I'd think having someone else in the video would give perspective. I've heard that some HS tapes have been sped up.

Blah, blah, blah.... Looks like we have another hater in our midst. And what do you know, he just recently joined the board. Had to get in while the going's good, right?

So thank you for taking the time to shit on this latest top 250 commit, and you even threw in the obligatory 'wager', so that everyone knows how serious you are, and that you're willing to back it up! You're not by chance from Canada, are you? I'm going to go ahead and assume that you are.
Doubtful he's even a fan. He was kicked off the board before as "Lucky Green", so now he doesn't even try to hide who he is by just adding the "AKA".

The next time he posts something positive will be his first.

Reactions: BodiTheGreat
There is no way you can judge the speed of the back by comparing him to the speed of the defender watching on a tape. That is completely ridiculous.

What you can do is get fairly close on judging his or anyone else's speed .

Speed is nothing more than a combination of stride length and reps. { how many times your feet hit the ground }

When you watch a kid opened up and he isn't covering 5 yards with 2 strides it's virtually impossible for him to run a 4.5 according to every D-1 coach I've ever spoken to.

I have a very close friend who was an NFL Asst for 30 years and likely worked out 1,000 college guys at least during his career. He retired about 10-12 years ago.

He told me in 30 years he timed 4 legit 4.4 guys during that time .

The point is guys do a whole lot of lying about speed . I know I did. :):)
Fair enough. based on this, what do you think he runs?

Doubtful he's even a fan. He was kicked off the board before as "Lucky Green", so now he doesn't even try to hide who he is by just adding the "AKA".

The next time he posts something positive will be his first.
How am I sh%tiing on this commit? I simply disagreed with a poster that he runs a 4.4. That does not mean he is not a great pickup. What is wrong with you people?

I can certainly say with confidence that the defenders are not running 4.4 and when a back is not leaving these guys in the dust, it is plain to see. Stop with the name calling.
Run away. We will time you from the videotape! Stop being a putz. That is purs' job.

Reactions: BodiTheGreat
How am I sh%tiing on this commit? I simply disagreed with a poster that he runs a 4.4. That does not mean he is not a great pickup. What is wrong with you people?

I think it was when you wanted to bet on it. That's sort of a tell, for your garden variety hater. When they want to engage on a subject so badly, that they claim to be willing to make a genuine wager that this new recruit ND got is slow as shit. You feel me? You kind of give yourself away with that sort of thing.

That's all. No big deal. It's just too noticeable not to say something. Too conspicuous and noticeable.

Between a 4.5 and a 4.6-----which is very fast for a HS player.

The sub 4.5's and 4.4 's that are claimed to be run by HS kids are for the most part fantasy.

Didn't someone write an article on the NFL combine that found @80% of attendees clocked slower 40 times then they reported in HS?

You could tell speed on the field when Fuller blew past Adoree Jackson.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT