ADVERTISEMENT

Jadarian Price 22 RB Committed Irish!

Always nice to get a kid out of Texas. He looks to be a bright kid, too, carrying a 4.1 GPA, and I saw somewhere that he has run a 10.6 100m and a 4.4 40. Those are pretty good times. Probably going to need to add some muscle to his frame.

Welcome aboard Jadarian!

Reactions: VTND
Havent there been some pretty good players out of Denison in the past ? That name rings a bell for some reason.

Watching his highlights made me feel like I was watching a young Josh Adams.

Always nice to get a kid out of Texas. He looks to be a bright kid, too, carrying a 4.1 GPA, and I saw somewhere that he has run a 10.6 100m and a 4.4 40. Those are pretty good times. Probably going to need to add some muscle to his frame.

Welcome aboard Jadarian!
He runs a 10.9 not a 10 6. Not sure about that 4.4 number

Based on the tape, no way he runs a 4.4

He runs a 10.9 not a 10 6. Not sure about that 4.4 number

You both could be right, I don't know. He apparently ran track in high school, and I read an article in which his football coach was talking up Jadarian's speed, but who knows. The only verified track time I found on Jadarian was a 54.5 400m time he ran as a HS sophomore. That is an excellent time, though maybe not elite.

Ohio State offer and recruited by Tony Alford. I’m in.

Price released a top eight of Texas, Oklahoma State, Baylor, TCU, Ohio State, USC, Stanford and Minnesota on Christmas Day. The Irish had not turned up their recruitment at that point and extended an offer in late January.

“I was planning on waiting until the summer but I knew I was not the only one being recruited by all these schools so there is only so many chances and spots at a full ride scholarship at any university,” Price said. “The circumstances I am facing with COVID and the release of the dead period to where I can’t take the official college visits as easy as I’d like have forced me to come to an early decision.”

wonder how firm it is.

Explosive guy like Tyree. The top tier of teams scores more that us. We need more guys like Buchner, Price, Styles and Colzie to get up there. Mayer and Tyree were a nice start last year.

Price released a top eight of Texas, Oklahoma State, Baylor, TCU, Ohio State, USC, Stanford and Minnesota on Christmas Day. The Irish had not turned up their recruitment at that point and extended an offer in late January.

“I was planning on waiting until the summer but I knew I was not the only one being recruited by all these schools so there is only so many chances and spots at a full ride scholarship at any university,” Price said. “The circumstances I am facing with COVID and the release of the dead period to where I can’t take the official college visits as easy as I’d like have forced me to come to an early decision.”

wonder how firm it is.

seems a little out of the blue, but maybe he was a waiting for a particular offer? Time will tell, welcome aboard.

Explosive guy like Tyree. The top tier of teams scores more that us. We need more guys like Buchner, Price, Styles and Colzie to get up there. Mayer and Tyree were a nice start last year.
He's a good rb, but nowhere near as explosive as Tyree imho

Plays at a very high level of HS competition and is a 3 sport kid which tells me that he that he isn't the typical Texas kid who's maxed out physically by the 11th Grade.

Watched his highlights. I seriously doubt he's a 4.4 guy. And that's OK. Most RBs do not run a 4.4. I'd say his game is something like a poor man's Cadillac Williams. Anyone know if he can catch?

Yes, I can certainly tell in relation to how he compares with the defender's speed. Do you want to place a wager on this?

Blah, blah, blah.... Looks like we have another hater in our midst. And what do you know, he just recently joined the board. Had to get in while the going's good, right?

So thank you for taking the time to shit on this latest top 250 commit, and you even threw in the obligatory 'wager', so that everyone knows how serious you are, and that you're willing to back it up! You're not by chance from Canada, are you? I'm going to go ahead and assume that you are.

Estime and Diggs for 2021; and Price and ? For 2022. I absolutely love what is happening with our RB recruiting under Taylor. I’m not good at making comparisons of a high school kid with some prior College player, but I see nothing but positives if the comparison to Adam’s holds true! Price looks to recognize seams and accelerates through same exceptionally well. We should be celebrating this commitment!

Reactions: echowaker
Estime and Diggs for 2021; and Price and ? For 2022. I absolutely love what is happening with our RB recruiting under Taylor. I’m not good at making comparisons of a high school kid with some prior College player, but I see nothing but positives if the comparison to Adam’s holds true! Price looks to recognize seams and accelerates through same exceptionally well. We should be celebrating this commitment!
Its a good commitment. So were Diggs and Estime. None of the 3 are elite backs though. Really good players but no home runs yet

Reactions: jcswoopnh
Yes, I can certainly tell in relation to how he compares with the defender's speed. Do you want to place a wager on this?

There is no way you can judge the speed of the back by comparing him to the speed of the defender watching on a tape. That is completely ridiculous.

What you can do is get fairly close on judging his or anyone else's speed .

Speed is nothing more than a combination of stride length and reps. { how many times your feet hit the ground }

When you watch a kid opened up and he isn't covering 5 yards with 2 strides it's virtually impossible for him to run a 4.5 according to every D-1 coach I've ever spoken to.

I have a very close friend who was an NFL Asst for 30 years and likely worked out 1,000 college guys at least during his career. He retired about 10-12 years ago.

He told me in 30 years he timed 4 legit 4.4 guys during that time .

The point is guys do a whole lot of lying about speed . I know I did. :):)

Reactions: Pennick4
There is no way you can judge the speed of the back by comparing him to the speed of the defender watching on a tape. That is completely ridiculous.

What you can do is get fairly close on judging his or anyone else's speed .

Speed is nothing more than a combination of stride length and reps. { how many times your feet hit the ground }

When you watch a kid opened up and he isn't covering 5 yards with 2 strides it's virtually impossible for him to run a 4.5 according to every D-1 coach I've ever spoken to.

I have a very close friend who was an NFL Asst for 30 years and likely worked out 1,000 college guys at least during his career. He retired about 10-12 years ago.

He told me in 30 years he timed 4 legit 4.4 guys during that time .

The point is guys do a whole lot of lying about speed . I know I did. :):)

I don't disagree that you'll find 40 times are often inflated, and you also find out some really fast 40 times are hand timed, but it also depends on how you define a "4.4 guy." A guy that runs a 4.49 40 might call himself a "4.4 guy" though he is obviously closer to being a 4.5 guy.

As for Jadarian, I don't know what his 40 time might be, but I went back and looked at a bunch of his video and didn't see him getting caught from behind, and there were a number of times he outraced the defender even when the defender had the angle on him. Some of that video was from his freshman year in HS, when his speed almost certainly wasn't as developed. Is he a burner? Probably not, but I think he has more than sufficient speed. Kyren isn't a burner, either, but he sure looked good on the run in the opening play of the first Clemson game.

None of them have hit the field yet. I'll withhold any judgment positive or negative.

Exactly. And as far as just his speed goes, if one feels emboldened to think they ought to knock this kid for it, there's absolutely no way to tell how fast he is or isn't based on these videos. Bottom line there's just no basis for knocking this kid as slow.

And someone mentioned Josh Adams? That would be a dream if he were another JA for us. And I think I remember Adams running somewhere in the 4.4 range. For what it's worth.

Home Runs?

You mean home-runs like:

James Aldridge, Gary Gray, Greg Bryant..?

Give me:

Karyen Williams, Josh Adams and Theo Riddick

Reactions: IrishMike409
Exactly. And as far as just his speed goes, if one feels emboldened to think they ought to knock this kid for it, there's absolutely no way to tell how fast he is or isn't based on these videos. Bottom line there's just no basis for knocking this kid as slow.

And someone mentioned Josh Adams? That would be a dream if he were another JA for us. And I think I remember Adams running somewhere in the 4.4 range. For what it's worth.

Josh ran a 4.48 at his NFL pro day and also ran a really fast 3-cone drill (6.75s), which was a faster time than any RB at the 2018 NFL Combine. Josh was plenty fast, and once he was in the open field there were very few guys that were going to catch him. He has two of the longest TD runs in ND history, a 98 yarder vs. Wake Forest in 2015 and an 84 yarder vs. USC in 2017. If Jadarian has Josh Adams' kind of speed, I will be very happy.

Watched his highlights. I seriously doubt he's a 4.4 guy. And that's OK. Most RBs do not run a 4.4. I'd say his game is something like a poor man's Cadillac Williams. Anyone know if he can catch?

That's a pretty good call. I like the sound of that a lot. I remember Cadillac. Auburn was robbed!

ADVERTISEMENT