ADVERTISEMENT

Is Denbrock going to help ND make a difference on the recruiting trail with elite 5-star and top 100 4-star offensive talent?

Is Denbrock going to help make a difference on the recruiting trail?

• Yes

Votes: 22 68.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Maybe so

Votes: 8 25.0%

• Total voters
I'm not sure the story on this one. Maybe someone could enlighten me on it? Despite inexperienced mistakes, MF cannot let players like

NiTareon Tuggle/wr go to Georgia. Especially when they are within the hometown area. Got to land those.​

It does not matter who ND brings in as a coach until they change with the times. Whoever has the best NIL package will get the five star player s. ND will on occasion get one or two because their families value education.
Freeman and associates have done an excellent job in recruiting by working harder than anybody else.
It looks like the administration is loosening up on requirements, but we will see.
BK said on many occasions ND shops down a different isle.
That was him being lazy. My biggest problem with him

I'm not sure the story on this one. Maybe someone could enlighten me on it? Despite inexperienced mistakes, MF cannot let players like

NiTareon Tuggle/wr go to Georgia. Especially when they are within the hometown area. Got to land those.​

They didn't want him

Gonna be hard to beat what Parker/Freeman did this year!

The #4 offensive class in the country:

We got the #3 RB in the country (247),
the #3 OT in the country
#3 APB in the country (rivals)
the #4 QB in the country (rivals)
the #10 WR in the country
the #10 OG in the country (rivals)

It's never going to be enough for ole Chase but, given that we are not a semi pro team, our offensive recruiting this year was the best in a long long time. Add a top ten LB, DL and S to the mix and I'm feeling pretty positive.

But someone always pisses in Chase's stocking, poor guy.

Merry Christmas all!
DUDES, ND needs to have some more dudes. Where is the fire breathing 340lbs D lineman that you see every week in the SEC, ND has talent, but it is time to take it to another level.

DUDES, ND needs to have some more dudes. Where is the fire breathing 340lbs D lineman that you see every week in the SEC, ND has talent, but it is time to take it to another level.
There aren't many of those guys around and we must likely aren't getting those guys. Gotta win it another way

In my opinion, if he is not, he is not the right hire for ND at this point of where they currently stand organizationally (a football program trying to climb a massive mountain back to the very top of the college football world)
Lol. This is your take? An experienced proven OC, that just coached the #1 Offense and the Heisman winner from the SEC….and we just finished 4th in player average…

Love exposing you

It does not matter who ND brings in as a coach until they change with the times. Whoever has the best NIL package will get the five star player s. ND will on occasion get one or two because their families value education.
Freeman and associates have done an excellent job in recruiting by working harder than anybody else.
It looks like the administration is loosening up on requirements, but we will see.
BK said on many occasions ND shops down a different isle.
I provide rankings from verifiable sources but have a mob of people who ignore the entire ranking and latch onto "per player average" and also willfully look past the fact that ND usually only has about ~80 scholarship players most years. People should be losing their job over this but it's just business as usual in happy 9-3/#10-15 land. More decades of this please! Because this fan base looooves them some 9-3 #15 football vs the minor league that is the ACC.

6-10 is fine if you can get difference makers at key positions. Specifically QB. which Carr may be one.

Team talent composite is not really the end all be all. noteven close
It isn't 6-10, it's 10-15 with the 10-15 performance to match.

Fans need to stop rounding up recruiting results that aren't there and stop looking at it through rosed colored glasses and start calling balls and strikes as it relates to the entirety of NDs talent acquisition. It isn't good enough, not by a longshot, and they are getting their lunch eaten by the tier 1 (which there's no good excuse for) and then by the tier 2 as well.

Not only is ND not recruiting in the same league as a group of other programs, but they are being completely out-talented where it matters most on the recruiting trail (in the 5-star and high 4-star talent bucket).

But nobody seems to care. Nobody seems to be able to make the obvious connection.

Last edited:
I provide rankings from verifiable sources but have a mob of people who ignore the entire ranking and latch onto "per player average" and also willfully look past the fact that ND usually only has about ~80 scholarship players most years. People should be losing their job over this but it's just business as usual in happy 9-3/#10-15 land. More decades of this please! Because this fan base looooves them some 9-3 #15 football vs the minor league that is the ACC.
You are beyond tiresome. Bama. UGA. OSU. Pick one.

This poster trolls the same subject multiple times a month, has for quite some time, and the same posters bite hook, line, and sinker.
I post a lot about 'talent acquisition' at Notre Dame because it's the obvious most pressing issue in the organization (it's the SUPER OBVIOUS bottle neck in the operation) and it's frustrating that nobody seems to understand just how crucial this part of the football program is - and just how much it is lacking - not even the professionals in charge running the show at the highest level at ND.

nobody seems to understand just how crucial this part of the football program is - and just how much it is lacking - not even the professionals in charge running the show at the highest level at ND.

Only chase knows how improve ND. No one else---not Marcus Freeman, not the ND coaching staff, and certainly no one on this board, appreciates this. Only chase knows.

Reactions: BGI User 756
I post a lot about 'talent acquisition' at Notre Dame because it's the obvious most pressing issue in the organization (it's the SUPER OBVIOUS bottle neck in the operation) and it's frustrating that nobody seems to understand just how crucial this part of the football program is - and just how much it is lacking - not even the professionals in charge running the show at the highest level at ND.

It is more frustrating to others that you do not understand, nor seemingly want to understand, the integrity og the University of Notre Dame. Youonly for football factories and the altered policies followed to achieve football success regardless of academic principles and success.

Freeman hs been quoted as messaging to players how education will favor them during their life regardless of making it to the NFL and/or how long of a career the player may have in the NFL. Not every college player moves on; their effort in their education matters and Notre Dame supports this aim.

Fans need to stop rounding up recruiting results that aren't there and stop looking at it through rosed colored glasses and start calling balls and strikes as it relates to the entirety of NDs talent acquisition. It isn't good enough, not by a longshot, and they are getting their lunch eaten by the tier 1 (which there's no good excuse for) and then by the tier 2 as well.

Not only is ND not recruiting in the same league as a group of other programs, but they are being completely out-talented where it matters most on the recruiting trail (in the 5-star and high 4-star talent bucket).

But nobody seems to care. Nobody seems to be able to make the obvious connection.
Blah,blah. blah.

It is more frustrating to others that you do not understand, nor seemingly want to understand, the integrity og the University of Notre Dame. Youonly for football factories and the altered policies followed to achieve football success regardless of academic principles and success.

Freeman hs been quoted as messaging to players how education will favor them during their life regardless of making it to the NFL and/or how long of a career the player may have in the NFL. Not every college player moves on; their effort in their education matters and Notre Dame supports this aim.
He has never set foot on campus or spent a dime going towards ND in any regard. He is the perfect Ole Miss fan!

5 to 10

Dude, I gotta hand it to you. Although I believe that what you post is gibberish....crap truth be told.... you live rent free in many poster's heads.

Reactions: bizzybecknd
Notre dame is improving on recruiting trail. But we must get better and starting landing the best of the best. Best of the best wins championships. A few flying under radar is great. But you can't bet they all are. Got to improve these classes by 33%. Hopefully we do. I'm tired of the drought as anyone else.

Notre dame is improving on recruiting trail. But we must get better and starting landing the best of the best. Best of the best wins championships. A few flying under radar is great. But you can't bet they all are. Got to improve these classes by 33%. Hopefully we do. I'm tired of the drought as anyone else.
The vast majority of Georgia, Ohio St., and Alabama players major in the NFL. They ain't interested in what Notre Dame demands day to day. ND simply does not and will not recruit at that level. And to expect Marcus Freeman to recruit like Alabama, Ohio St., or Georgia is unfair to Freeman.

The rest of the country Notre Dame is currently on equal or better footing.

Last edited:
Without questioning the logic of ND fans happily conceding the nations best prospects to OSU, Alabama, Georgia; this next bit of propaganda always makes me chuckle:

"We don't recruit like Georgia, Bama, OSU but it's only those three recruiting better than us"

While ND finds itself with the 11th ranked talent in 2023, with only 2 five star prospects on their entire 85 man roster, and a (presently) 10th ranked recruiting class to match their 12th ranked recruiting class the year before.

Yea just 3 programs recruiting better than ND. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
He's just a troll. His silly talent rankings ignore silly details like how many individuals that are benched talent will transfer or be injured or never break third string. Also ignores the fact that you only have to be competitive in the two deep, and moreover that coaching, play calling, and luck all have determining factors in deciding games.

At the end of the day the gap is closing and ND is progressing.

He's just a troll. His silly talent rankings ignore silly details like how many individuals that are benched talent will transfer or be injured or never break third string. Also ignores the fact that you only have to be competitive in the two deep, and moreover that coaching, play calling, and luck all have determining factors in deciding games.

At the end of the day the gap is closing and ND is progressing.
I don't respond to the troll, except to compliment him that he lives rent free in many poster's heads. Posters like Golson and others consistently give the dude a forum.

Last edited:
Team talent composite is not really the end all be all. noteven close
It's the best objective measure of 85-man roster talent we got. So in that sense, it is indeed the be all end all unless you have some other equally comprehensive way of measuring talent that you'd like to share?

Notre Dame had world-class player development under Brian Kelly but still couldn't move the needle on the recruiting trail with the games best talent.

I think Notre Dame is in a position where they need great recruiters right now to attract great talent *first* to get ND past whatever barriers are repelling elite talent every year in the post-Weis-era. But ND seems to keep making hires that ignore this crucial aspect of the job

I think Marcus Freeman can recruit. But he needs help. His competition is loaded with staffs with endless budgets that recruit their asses off and MF is getting his lunch eaten on the recruiting trail
Brian Kelly wasn't recruiting the same kind of athletes that Marcus Freeman is. It's not the same situation.

It's the best objective measure of 85-man roster talent we got. So in that sense, it is indeed the be all end all unless you have some other equally comprehensive way of measuring talent that you'd like to share?

Its the best public measure of talent maybe. But its uses are extremely limited.

Without questioning the logic of ND fans happily conceding the nations best prospects to OSU, Alabama, Georgia; this next bit of propaganda always makes me chuckle:

"We don't recruit like Georgia, Bama, OSU but it's only those three recruiting better than us"

While ND finds itself with the 11th ranked talent in 2023, with only 2 five star prospects on their entire 85 man roster, and a (presently) 10th ranked recruiting class to match their 12th ranked recruiting class the year before.

Yea just 3 programs recruiting better than ND. :rolleyes:
Exactly

Because player average and depth chart trumps

It’s a projected measure so get off your BS pedestal

Exactly

Because player average and depth chart trumps
Do you expect Marcus Freeman to recruit as well as Georgia, Ohio St., or Alabama? I certainly don't. Hell, QB Stetson Bennett spent 6 years at Georgia and never graduated.

Again. 6 years.

It's a different mindset, a far different deal at those schools. Many players at Alabama, Ohio St., and Georgia major in the NFL, school is simply an afterthought, and they ain't interested in what Notre Dame demands once you step foot on the campus.

Reactions: Pennick4
Do you expect Marcus Freeman to recruit as well as Georgia, Ohio St., or Alabama? I certainly don't. Hell, QB Stetson Bennett spent 6 years at Georgia and never graduated.

Again. 6 years.

It's a different mindset, a far different deal at those schools. Many players at Alabama, Ohio St., and Georgia major in the NFL, school is simply an afterthought, and they ain't interested in what Notre Dame demands once you step foot on the campus.
I expect Notre Dame to compete for national titles on the recruiting trail if they have any goal to compete for national titles on the football field.

ND has an unequal combination of history, brand power, prestige, academics, and of course football success. All of this results in ND being a sales/revenue leader in a rapidly growing college football industry.

I see zero reason why ND shouldn't be held to the same standard as their blue-blood peers, and other modern powers. Weis recruited top 5 classes, and ND dominated recruiting in the pre-BCS era before that.

I am willing to concede that the landscape has changed quite dramatically over the last 5, 10, 15, 20 years, but it's NDs job to evolve with the times. For some reason the leadership at ND instead chooses to make excuses and become bitter anti-athlete and anti-NCAA instead.

Moreover, ND has been left in the dust by better football operations offices over the last 15 years. It's time to stop crying about the old days and embrace the present, and start making strategic/financial moves at the highest level to put ND back at the top of the sport.

Start with the ENTIRE talent-acquisition strategy in the football operations office. Whatever ND is building culture-wise, brand wise, to attract the best prospects in the country is failing miserably. At the very least NDs recruiting budget and football operations budgets should be as big as anybody's in the country (if not more so to overcompensate for some of their self imposed handicaps)

But ND can't get past this rhetoric/culture that the only reason they are getting beat is because they are morally superior to everyone else so they can't self criticize, make tough decisions, and course correct either. Another failure in leadership at ND - but I digress.

Last edited:
I expect Notre Dame to compete for national titles on the recruiting trail if they have any goal to compete for national titles on the football field.

ND has an unequal combination of history, brand power, prestige, academics, and of course football success. All of this results in ND being a sales/revenue leader in a rapidly growing college football industry.

I see zero reason why ND shouldn't be held to the same standard as their blue-blood peers, and other modern powers. Weis recruited top 5 classes, and ND dominated recruiting in the pre-BCS era.

I am willing to concede that the landscape has changed quite dramatically over the last 5, 10, 15, 20 years, but it's NDs job to evolve with the times. For some reason the leadership at ND instead chooses to make excuses and become bitter anti-athlete and anti-NCAA instead.

ND has been left in the dust by better football operations offices over the last 15 years. It's time to stop crying about the old days and embrace the present, and start making strategic/financial moves at the highest level to put ND back at the top of the sport. Start with the ENTIRE talent-acquisition strategy in the football operations office. Whatever ND is building culture-wise, brand wise, to attract the best prospects in the country is failing miserably.

Then move on to recruiting. At the very least NDs recruiting budget should be as big as anybody's in the country (if not more so to overcompensate for some of their self imposed handicaps)

But ND can't get past this rhetoric/culture that the only reason they are getting beat is because they are morally superior to everyone else so they can't self criticize, make tough decisions, and course correct either. Another failure in leadership at ND - but I digress.
Keep doing what they are doing. Recruiting can go up a little but not too much. Keep getting really good talent and land the elite QB which it seems like we are now. Keep bringing in top coaches. Add key transfers where you are weaker on the roster and you can compete for the NC about every year.

I have never heard anyone from ND claim that ND loses games because ND is morally superior to everyone else. This claim is utter nonsense, which is par for the course for you. You take every opportunity you have to bad mouth ND. You do nothing but lie.

I have never heard anyone from ND claim that ND loses games because ND is morally superior to everyone else. This claim is utter nonsense, which is par for the course for you. You take every opportunity you have to bad mouth ND. You do nothing but lie.
Well stated.

I see zero reason why ND shouldn't be held to the same standard as their blue-blood peers, and other modern powers. Weis recruited top 5 classes, and ND dominated recruiting in the pre-BCS era before that.

Moreover, ND has been left in the dust by better football operations offices over the last 15 years. It's time to stop crying about the old days and embrace the present, and start making strategic/financial moves at the highest level to put ND back at the top of the sport.

Start with the ENTIRE talent-acquisition strategy in the football operations office. Whatever ND is building culture-wise, brand wise, to attract the best prospects in the country is failing miserably. At the very least NDs recruiting budget and football operations budgets should be as big as anybody's in the country (if not more so to overcompensate for some of their self imposed handicaps)

No you don't expect them to compete...ever. you prove that Everytime you post your nonsense

Lol at the “Weis recruited top 5 classes”….

His were the most uneven, poorly managed rosters ever

Reactions: Pennick4
Brian Kelly wasn't recruiting the same kind of athletes that Marcus Freeman is. It's not the same situation.

Agreed, but Marcus Freeman is not winning football games at the rate Brian Kelly was winning them his last 5 years either. 54-9 vs 18-8. The strength of schedule for 22 & 23 has been offered up as reflex excuse. Along with QB & WR room issues. MF has recruited 4 classes on defense, and 3 classes on offense. He has done good work in the portal, he has 2 experienced coordinators and the schedule is very, friendly next year.

It’s time the recruiting translates to Ws as in 11 or 12 of them next year. No more Marshalls, Stanfords, or laying eggs on the road vs Louisville or the most beatable Clemson team in a decade.

Lol at the “Weis recruited top 5 classes”….

His were the most uneven, poorly managed rosters ever
He would get high end talent, but have gaping holes of need on the roster, while not being good at figuring out how to utilize position changes, or other ways to plug holes. He tried to apply NFL roster management to the college game and it just doesn't work. I think that's why he did so well his first 2 seasons, then tanked. With a roster full of NFL talent, he could coach his ass off. He just couldn't replenish the roster the way it's needed at the college level.

Last edited:
He would get high end talent, but have gaping holes of need on the roster, while not being good at figuring out how to utilize position changes, or other ways to plug holes. He tried to apply NFL roster management to the college game and it just doesn't work. I think that's why he did so well his first 2 seasons, then tanked. With a roster full of BFL talent, he could coach his ass off. He just couldn't replenish the roster the way it's needed at the college level.
Well stated. Charlie Weis taking USC to the wire in 2005 was and is one of the best coaching performances I have ever witnessed from a ND Head Coach, even in losing that game.

Reactions: NDOnTheRoad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT