ADVERTISEMENT

Is Denbrock going to help ND make a difference on the recruiting trail with elite 5-star and top 100 4-star offensive talent?

Is Denbrock going to help make a difference on the recruiting trail?

• Yes

Votes: 22 68.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Maybe so

Votes: 8 25.0%

• Total voters

chaseball

I've posted how many times?
Sep 8, 2007
In my opinion, if he is not, he is not the right hire for ND at this point of where they currently stand organizationally (a football program trying to climb a massive mountain back to the very top of the college football world)

Whats going to attract elite recruits:
1. Showing you can develop the skill positions on the Offensive side of the ball to get to the next level.

2. Winning!

In my opinion, if he is not, he is not the right hire for ND at this point of where they currently stand organizationally (a football program trying to climb a massive mountain back to the very top of the college football world)
You know what they say about opinions. Opinions are like assh0les, everyone has one and they all stink.

Reactions: BGI User 756
ND finished with a top 10 class that only had 23 commits. ND was top 5 in ave star rating. With 5 (28) more signees BK's LSU finish 13th. Freeman has done a great job recruiting & in the portal. ND's last 3 classes have been outstanding & with Mills, Cross, possibly Watts coming back we have a playoff caliber team next year & ND is set up well for the future.

ND finished with a top 10 class that only had 23 commits. ND was top 5 in ave star rating. With 5 (28) more signees BK's LSU finish 13th. Freeman has done a great job recruiting & in the portal. ND's last 3 classes have been outstanding & with Mills, Cross, possibly Watts coming back we have a playoff caliber team next year & ND is set up well for the future.
Is Watts coming back a done deal? ND is in big trouble at the safety position if he doesn't.

“Come play for me and you might win a Heisman. I’ve coached somebody who did” is something that he couldn’t say before this season and he was already a good recruiter. Also he’s got Marcus Freeman as his Head Coach to help sell recruits. A former player and a young HC>Brian Kelly. I think Denbrock will do fine.

Pretty sure he had Lincoln Riley and "Prime" in the college football Hall of Fame as coaches. 🤣🤣
Kind of like when you anointed BVG one of the greatest DC at ND? People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks

My answer is yes, but he really doesn't need to make a difference in recruiting. They need talent development, and with better talent development, better players will start taking Notre Dame more seriously.

Reactions: NDinNJ

More imbecilic commentary from an imbecile. ND does not have to "climb a massive mountain to get back to the very top." How can anybody be so stupid?

You're stalking somebody about something they said ten years ago? Wow!
Pendick44 likes to cut down on people and their comments all the time. It goes down as one of the most stupid comments( BVG is a great DC) in the history of this board. He needs to be put in his place every once in awhile

He's literally the best oc in America from the last year. He has a Heisman winner under his belt and averaged most points and yards.

Still finding stuff to bitch about.

My answer is yes, but he really doesn't need to make a difference in recruiting. They need talent development, and with better talent development, better players will start taking Notre Dame more seriously.
Notre Dame had world-class player development under Brian Kelly but still couldn't move the needle on the recruiting trail with the games best talent.

I think Notre Dame is in a position where they need great recruiters right now to attract great talent *first* to get ND past whatever barriers are repelling elite talent every year in the post-Weis-era. But ND seems to keep making hires that ignore this crucial aspect of the job

I think Marcus Freeman can recruit. But he needs help. His competition is loaded with staffs with endless budgets that recruit their asses off and MF is getting his lunch eaten on the recruiting trail

Last edited:
Notre Dame had world-class player development under Brian Kelly but still couldn't move the needle on the recruiting trail with the games best talent.

I think Notre Dame is in a position where they need great recruiters right now to attract great talent *first* to get ND past whatever barriers are repelling elite talent every year in the post-Weis-era. But ND seems to keep making hires that ignore this crucial aspect of the job

I think Marcus Freeman can recruit. But he needs help. His competition is loaded with staffs with endless budgets that recruit their asses off and MF is getting his lunch eaten on the recruiting trail
Not in the slightest. Recruiting very well

Notre Dame is recruiting "very well" while being massively behind at least five other programs in talent (and behind 5 more) in a sport where only one program wins a title 😏🙄

Gonna be hard to beat what Parker/Freeman did this year!

The #4 offensive class in the country:

We got the #3 RB in the country (247),
the #3 OT in the country
#3 APB in the country (rivals)
the #4 QB in the country (rivals)
the #10 WR in the country
the #10 OG in the country (rivals)

It's never going to be enough for ole Chase but, given that we are not a semi pro team, our offensive recruiting this year was the best in a long long time. Add a top ten LB, DL and S to the mix and I'm feeling pretty positive.

But someone always pisses in Chase's stocking, poor guy.

Merry Christmas all!

Notre Dame is recruiting "very well" while being massively behind at least five other programs in talent (and behind 5 more) in a sport where only one program wins a title
ND is in the 5 to 10 area in terms of talent and will probably move up sooner than later

Reactions: BGI User 756
ND is in the 5 to 10 area in terms of talent and will probably move up sooner than later
They have a #11 talent ranking and are going to sign another 10-15th class.

Even with the benefit of hindsight and 15 years of results on my side you got a faction of Notre Dame fans who will not concede the talent argument and it puts all of their other arguments into question as well

Gonna be hard to beat what Parker/Freeman did this year!

The #4 offensive class in the country:

We got the #3 RB in the country (247),
the #3 OT in the country
#3 APB in the country (rivals)
the #4 QB in the country (rivals)
the #10 WR in the country
the #10 OG in the country (rivals)

It's never going to be enough for ole Chase but, given that we are not a semi pro team, our offensive recruiting this year was the best in a long long time. Add a top ten LB, DL and S to the mix and I'm feeling pretty positive.

But someone always pisses in Chase's stocking, poor guy.

Merry Christmas all!
It's not enough it's not enough it's not enough it's not enough you got to compare/benchmark the results relative to the other programs

Notre Dame has made zero progress on the talent gap over the last 15 years 10 years 5 years 3 years

0 progress

They have a #11 talent ranking and are going to sign another 10-15th class.

Even with the benefit of hindsight and 15 years of results on my side you got a faction of Notre Dame fans who will not concede the talent argument and it puts all of their other arguments into question as well
ND is ranked 5th in per player average. They are going to sign a number 10 class and added talent in the portal.

Usc and Tx AM got gutted in the portal. We'll move up in both in 2024

Probably around 7th or 8th overall and maybe 4th in per player average

We do not have Bama, Georgia or OSU talent. Any other teams we can stack up with no problem

Reactions: bizzybecknd
Notre Dame is recruiting "very well" while being massively behind at least five other programs in talent (and behind 5 more) in a sport where only one program wins a title 😏🙄
Massively behind. We actually recruited much better than #1 Georgia on offense!

Certainly NOT massively behind!

ND Georgia
RB: #3 (247)* #9 (247) (To be fair, rivals has has them G: #7 and ND #16 -- but an outlier!)
QB: #4 (rivals)* #11 (rivals)
APB: #2 (rivals) #1 (rivals)*
OT: #3 (rivals)* #10 (rivals)
WR: #10 (Rivals)* #20(rivals)
OG: #10 (rivals)* #13 (rivals)
TE: #17 (rivals) #6 (rivals)*

I'll leave Chase to his negativity. The facts above will never convince him. OSU shirts are going cheap, Chase -- they do all you want in recruiting.... Go there?

Denbrock doesn’t have to be the leader of recruiting top talent. He just can’t hinder us, which I do not believe he will.

For example, Deuce Knight tweeted his excitement in the announcement of Denbrock.

A lot of recruiting is based on position groups and the head coach.

With Freeman, Brown, McCullough, Mickens and Chad Bowden leading the charge, I think we have plenty of young coaches to help sell the vision of the program.

It's not enough it's not enough it's not enough it's not enough you got to compare/benchmark the results relative to the other programs

Notre Dame has made zero progress on the talent gap over the last 15 years 10 years 5 years 3 years

0 progress
6-10 is fine if you can get difference makers at key positions. Specifically QB. which Carr may be one.

Team talent composite is not really the end all be all. noteven close

Denbrock doesn’t have to be the leader of recruiting top talent. He just can’t hinder us, which I do not believe he will.

For example, Deuce Knight tweeted his excitement in the announcement of Denbrock.

A lot of recruiting is based on position groups and the head coach.

With Freeman, Brown, McCullough, Mickens and Chad Bowden leading the charge, I think we have plenty of young coaches to help sell the vision of the program.
Denbrock recruited well at ND before having the credentials and accolades he has now, so he'll be effective as a recruiter.

Knight has to be beaming with excitement over the Denbrock hire. If Denbrock turned Daniels into a Heisman winner, then why not Knight?

We got some nice Wr's coming in. But we need to land the studs going forward! Including Te's! If we can accomplish what MF is trying to do (we'll rounded and depth at every position)! You then land two or three over the top players by trusting program momentum! You win a championship. Sorta the Bama map we watched them take in that dynasty.

I havent seen anything one way or the other. Last update he was gonna play in the bowl game & then make a decision after that.
He has no mention on several occasions that he needed one more year. He has been a starting safety for one year. He figures to upgrade his draft status for some reason the NFL doesn’t not put a premium on safeties .

It does not matter who ND brings in as a coach until they change with the times. Whoever has the best NIL package will get the five star player s. ND will on occasion get one or two because their families value education.
Freeman and associates have done an excellent job in recruiting by working harder than anybody else.
It looks like the administration is loosening up on requirements, but we will see.
BK said on many occasions ND shops down a different isle.

Reactions: 4-4-3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT