ADVERTISEMENT

I need your opinion: Players play, coaches coach. So what is the ROI??

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
Come on Oltex, IIO, 35, Continually, all you guys....... what do we make of the staff Kelly has assembled relative to ROI.

I am going to stop short of saying, Holy S___, I have never seen so many staff added in so many vague capacities, in so

many superfluous roles that surely we should win the championship of the universe this year. But then if I said that, some

of you would say I am not supporting Coach Kelly (not true) and that we should count our blessings and that Jack S is

behind the football program completely.

Well, all of that is true and good but what about players play and coaches coach?

Even if we develop the heck out of our players and our schemes are outstanding, are we still talent deficit versus an Alabama or a USC? Or a OSU?

I am just throwing this against the wall for you to comment on.

I love the hirings. I think our talent is very good. I am just posing the question that needs to be asked when a plethora of jobs are created. What is the ROI? What would Ara or Lou have done with 3 analysts? 4 grad assistants, a player development guy, and who knows who I am leaving out......

I guess we sit back and enjoy the ride. If that ride should get bumpy, I think excuses will be in short supply though given the embarrassment of riches just assembled.

This is not a negative post. It is meant to be constructive and generate opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT