ADVERTISEMENT

I don’t understand the Phil apologist’s

10 years, ZERO titles, with blowout losses to top teams. If you want to call that winning, you’re on the wrong by board.

If it hasn’t happened with Kelly by now it’s not going to happen. If you got up from under his desk for a minute you’d see it.
33 wins last 3 years. Sorry there is no pill for stupidity. Get Better!

Reactions: IrishMike409
33 wins last 3 years. Sorry there is no pill for stupidity. Get Better!

And 10 years from now, no one is going to remember ND with BK won 33 games in 3 years. What CFB fans will remember are the teams that won NC’s.

Reactions: d1042
Don Shula, Tom Landry, Bill Belichek, Marv Levy, Bill Parcells, Bill Walsh, Chuck Noll

Which one stands out!

And 10 years from now, no one is going to remember ND with BK won 33 games in 3 years. What CFB fans will remember are the teams that won NC’s.

If BK stays a .850 winning coach then he will be remembered as such a Frank Beamer.

There are only 32 teams in the NFL.

How many teams have never won the a Super Bowl.

“ND FANS” remember everything.

Fair weather and/or pseudo fans are obsessed with the sole goal of winning a National Championship.

I did. on his HS tape Hendrix could throw on the run and strike a WR in stride. A few years later Hendrix comes into the USC game and cannot complete a screen with both his feet planted. And that proved to be part of a long trend of Kelly's qbs fading or outright failing.

Plus, he had size, could run, zinged the ball with accuracy -- and in tight windows -- and played against tough competition.

Almost a Trevor Lawrence prototype.

Yet, he could not translate these skills to the college level. Speed of the game? Lack of confidence? Too big a stage? Kelly/ND coaching?

He got it going a bit at Miami, but that's it.

My sense is that he couldn't master the reads, audibles, etc. Same problem, I feel, Crist faced. Golson had difficulties as well with this.

The guy who could do that part of the game in his sleep?

REES.

The one, among all of them, with the least athletic talent. I hated watching him on the field. Felt I was being shorted. But at times, he was excellent. Check out his throws in the 2010 USC and Sun Bowl games.

The ball was always right there,

Plus, he had size, could run, zinged the ball with accuracy -- and in tight windows -- and played against tough competition.

Almost a Trevor Lawrence prototype.

Yet, he could not translate these skills to the college level. Speed of the game? Lack of confidence? Too big a stage? Kelly/ND coaching?

He got it going a bit at Miami, but that's it.

My sense is that he couldn't master the reads, audibles, etc. Same problem, I feel, Crist faced. Golson had difficulties as well with this.

The guy who could do that part of the game in his sleep?

REES.

The one, among all of them, with the least athletic talent. I hated watching him on the field. Felt I was being shorted. But at times, he was excellent. Check out his throws in the 2010 USC and Sun Bowl games.

The ball was always right there,

Rees had good recognition skills

Almost a Trevor Lawrence prototype.,

All of those HS throws look better than my memories of Hendrix in 2011-13. Did they try to change his throwing motion?

Fair weather and/or pseudo fans are obsessed with the sole goal of winning a National Championship.
Yes, ND fans will remember how disappointing the BK era was.

This isn’t the NFL, and ND has a history of championships. Overcoming odds to win.

Maybe, you should quit lowering expectations. Once the masses lower expectations, the administration and staff will be off the hook. No accountability, and no reason to strive for what their predecessors accomplished.

Yes, ND fans will remember how disappointing the BK era was.
The guy that turned a down program that was a dumpster fire and behind the times when he got here into a top 10 program and maybe more in the near future

10 years, ZERO titles, with blowout losses to top teams. If you want to call that winning, you’re on the wrong by board.

If it hasn’t happened with Kelly by now it’s not going to happen. If you got up from under his desk for a minute you’d see it.
What do you mean “under his desk”? You sound like a classless piece of trash.

The guy that turned a down program that was a dumpster fire and behind the times when he got here into a top 10 program and maybe more in the near future

Yes, he did, but so would have any number of coaches. Even a shit program like Rutgers with a below average coach in Schiano is upgrading facilities, and opening up their wallets.

Kelly’s done, ND has gotten everything they can out of BK. I hope he proves me wrong, but Hhe can’t win a title.

So instead of comparing BK to the worst possible coaches at ND, why don’t you compare him to the winners at ND. Holtz, Devine, Ara, Leahy. How does he stack up to the gold standard at ND?

So instead of comparing BK to the worst possible coaches at ND, why don’t you compare him to the winners at ND. Holtz, Devine, Ara, Leahy. How does he stack up to the gold standard at ND?

BK has won 70.5 % of his games.

Other than Devine, those coaches had 11 seasons at ND, BK has had 9.

Devine inherited a powerhouse from Ara, what did BK inherit ?

Yes, he did, but so would have any number of coaches. Even a shit program like Rutgers with a below average coach in Schiano is upgrading facilities, and opening up their wallets.

Kelly’s done, ND has gotten everything they can out of BK. I hope he proves me wrong, but Hhe can’t win a title.
The fact is most coaches were afraid of this challenge and didnt want any part of it (Urban included)

Kelly took over this down program and we are a top 10 program currently and on the rise.

The fact is most coaches were afraid of this challenge and didnt want any part of it (Urban included)

Kelly took over this down program and we are a top 10 program currently and on the rise.

You are so off and wrong about most coaches not taking on the challenge including Urban. You have no clue what you’re talking about.

ND is currently not a top 10 program. 11-15, yes, top 10 no, not yet.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Kelly is maxed out. He did a great job getting the program where it is, but he doesn’t have the skill/experience to take the program to the next level.

Last edited:
You are so off and wrong about most coaches taking in the challenge including Urban. You have no clue what your talking about.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Kelly is maxed out. He did a great job getting the program where it is, but he doesn’t have the skill/experience to take the program to the next level.

WHO DOES ?

You are so off and wrong about most coaches not taking on the challenge including Urban. You have no clue what you’re talking about.

Top 8 in the last 3 years. And on the rise.

Yes Urban didn't want the challenge of ND. He wanted the easy road at Florida. Big time coaches werent knocking on our door after Chuck.

Kelly took over a dumpster fire and we've become a top 8 program over the last 3 years and continuing to rise

He did a great job getting the program where it is, but he doesn’t have the skill/experience to take the program to the next level.

I wouldn't say "great" job.

Had he not been forced to fire his two buddies BVG and Longo--who knows the depths the program would have reached?

The past three years and currently, Kelly has been propped up by Elko and one of Elko's hires. Coupled with some watered down schedules. Hardly the stuff of legends.

When Lea leaves after next year, the four loss seasons will commence unless a similar DC is hired.

Kelly and his offensive staff do little to advance the program. Lea and Elston are the only coaches on this staff that should be championed. The rest are varying degrees of average to down right dreadful (Quinn, alas yet another bud of Kelly's, one hopes he has no more coaching friends remaining).

Reactions: NDinNJ

When Weis took over Willingham left the cupboards bare. Weis while not a good coach did bring in a lot of talent. The team that Kelly took a lot of Weis team to the NC. He's had ten years to bring in talent and at the end of this season just had a revelation they need to recruit better. Kelly is a good coach and had brought this to a certain level. But like Book I think he's hit his ceiling.

I wouldn't say "great" job.

Had he not been forced to fire his two buddies BVG and Longo--who knows the depths the program would have reached?

The past three years and currently, Kelly has been propped up by Elko and one of Elko's hires. Coupled with some watered down schedules. Hardly the stuff of legends.

When Lea leaves after next year, the four loss seasons will commence unless a similar DC is hired.

Kelly and his offensive staff do little to advance the program. Lea and Elston are the only coaches on this staff that should be championed. The rest are varying degrees of average to down right dreadful (Quinn, alas yet another bud of Kelly's, one hopes he has no more coaching friends remaining).
It seems that Rees is now in that Kelly circle of trust. Nothing personal against Rees but I was against his hire as qb coach and am against him becoming OC if that in fact does happen.

Anyway you slice it, when you compare Kelly to the gold standard of coaches at ND, he comes up short. You can make up all the excuses and talk about how BK has won 70% of his games you want, but the reality is when compared to the four mentioned above, which is who we should be comparing him too, Kelly doesn’t even come close.

I know, I know, it hurts, but sometimes reality hurts, and you just have to accept it.

Reactions: chitown sot

Ok, BK has won 70% of his games, but so have several other head coaches throughout ND’s history. Most don’t even know who those coaches are without looking it up on the inter-webs It means nothing

“Other than Devine, those coaches had 11 seasons at ND”
This is a very poor point you make, because BK just finished his 10th season, and all 4 of the others won championships within 5 years of becoming the head coach.

“Devine inherited a powerhouse from Ara, what did BK inherit?”
What did Holtz inherit? Holtz succeeded a High School coach!!

You need to open your eyes and stop making excuses for the guy.
All ND coaches had to deal with academic restrictions,
You must realize BK is not the answer. He’s had 10 seasons to prove it. Yes he’s turned the program around, but he is not the guy to take the program to the next level. The facts speak for themselves.

Again, BK apologists need to stop comparing BK to the some of the worst coaches in ND history, and instead compare to the gold standard of coaches at ND. When you do that, you’ll realize BK is not the answer.

Ok, BK has won 70% of his games

Does that figure include or exclude the forfeited wins due to the academic scandal?

We need to keep those in mind to paint an accurate picture of his performance. They should be factored into all records and discussions of individual wins and losses.

All of those HS throws look better than my memories of Hendrix in 2011-13. Did they try to change his throwing motion?
Surely, BK and everybody else could figure out sone plays for Phil . You cAnnot Teach 6' feet 5' inches and 230 who can run. Plays around the goal line such as read option. My understanding is intermediate passing is a slight weakness. Maybe throwing the ball deep is not a bad thing. Lawrence makes a lot of screen passes and throws down field.
This will come back to haunt ND

Reactions: deadprez3
Surely, BK and everybody else could figure out sone plays for Phil . You cAnnot Teach 6' feet 5' inches and 230 who can run. Plays around the goal line such as read option. My understanding is intermediate passing is a slight weakness. Maybe throwing the ball deep is not a bad thing. Lawrence makes a lot of screen passes and throws down field.
Highly doubt it. We'll be fine

I don’t think so. Gonna get an excellent 5th year from Book. Then Clark, Pyne, TB.....no rationale fan is concerned here.

Best of luck to PJ at BC. Hopefully he can beat out his competition there.

Yes, he did, but so would have any number of coaches. .

No. Any number of coaches flame out when they reach this level. BK may be Peter Principled at this level but that doesn't mean he can be replaced by any MACTion hero.

Does that figure include or exclude the forfeited wins due to the academic scandal?

We need to keep those in mind to paint an accurate picture of his performance. They should be factored into all records and discussions of individual wins and losses.

We sports fans will ignore them for the absurdity that they are.

We sports fans will ignore them for the absurdity that they are.

And yet we lament with great fervor the academic indiscretions (even be that they in reality be perceived with no actual evidence) of other schools and the precarious disadvantages it places our very own program in.

Seems unseemly then we so easily cast away an actual documented academic indiscretion of our own?

Were we to be a pot, asserting that only the kettle is black?

Regrettably, our actual academic indiscretions cannot produce the favorable advantages and results that others perceived indiscretions do. It be as if Kelly can both not leverage cheating as well others nor conceal it as well as others. He may wish to revisit his risk/reward matrix on the matter.

Be it that academic indiscretions can be cast aside I trust they will no longer find their way into discussions on recruiting classes.

And yet we lament with great fervor the academic indiscretions (even be that they in reality be perceived with no actual evidence) of other schools and the precarious disadvantages it places our very own program in.

Seems unseemly then we so easily cast away an actual documented academic indiscretion of our own?

Were we to be a pot, asserting that only the kettle is black?

Regrettably, our actual academic indiscretions cannot produce the favorable advantages and results that others perceived indiscretions do. It be as if Kelly can both not leverage cheating as well others nor conceal it as well as others. He may wish to revisit his risk/reward matrix on the matter.

Be it that academic indiscretions can be cast aside I trust they will no longer find their way into discussions on recruiting classes.

One extra reason 'vacated wins' should be ignored is because a tutor going above and beyond the call of duty would be ignored or possibly rewarded at a serious football school.

Reactions: Catholicfan95
One extra reason 'vacated wins' should be ignored is because a tutor going above and beyond the call of duty would be ignored or possibly rewarded at a serious football school.
Those "sanctions" in 2012 were a joke. Maybe worth a slap on the wrist, but to vacate those wins was unnecessary. To your point, I am sure other schools get away with much more.

Those "sanctions" in 2012 were a joke. Maybe worth a slap on the wrist, but to vacate those wins was unnecessary. To your point, I am sure other schools get away with much more.

The NCAA and Notre Dame felt differently regarding the matter.

Until another school is forced to forfeit games due to academic indiscretions it would be libel defamation to claim such.

In fact, I cannot recall another major sports program being forced to forfeit games due to academic indiscretions. I think perhaps the Memphis basketball team had to under Calipari? Not very good company.

The NCAA and Notre Dame felt differently regarding the matter.

Until another school is forced to forfeit games due to academic indiscretions it would be libel defamation to claim such.

In fact, I cannot recall another major sports program being forced to forfeit games due to academic indiscretions. I think perhaps the Memphis basketball team had to under Calipari? Not very good company.

Use the google button buddy lol. Missouri got a bowl ban recently for academic fraud.

https://www.insidehighered.com/news...mitted-academic-fraud-last-decade-more-likely

file:///C:/Users/jcable/Downloads/22209-Article%20Text-33289-1-10-20180109.pdf Page 94 of this document will show a list of schools as well.

70%? you think thats good? Thats 8.4 wins in a 12 game season. Wow, lets raise our standards a bit shall we

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT