ADVERTISEMENT

Hypocrisy

Final ranking will be 10 to 12.

3rd straight year top 11

Expect top 10 or better next year too and another double digit plus win season next yr

I’ll be happy with that as long as we don’t have to sit through those annual meltdown games. Honestly what’s the point of beating up on 4 to 7 loss teams when you get embarrassed in that one critical matchup that can turn you into a legit contender.

It’s no different than a team like Memphis who beat up on the sisters of the poor all year, only to get throttled by a legit Top 10-15 team in PSU.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
I’ll be happy with that as long as we don’t have to sit through those annual meltdown games. Honestly what’s the point of beating up on 4 to 7 loss teams when you get embarrassed in that one critical matchup that can turn you into a legit contender.

It’s no different than a team like Memphis who beat up on the sisters of the poor all year, only to get throttled by a legit Top 10-15 team in PSU.
Completely different but okay

ok. We fire BK today then. Who you replacing him with? I’ll wait.

Man, just give it up. These posters just like to complain and make points with no credible evidence to back their point up, . They're just people with negative opinions who are galvanized by the ND turn around and can not refute how far we have come in 10 years and how good we have become. All n all, they're all just malcontents. Sad.

Man, just give it up. These posters just like to complain and make points with no credible evidence to back their point up, . They're just people with negative opinions who are galvanized by the ND turn around and can not refute how far we have come in 10 years and how good we have become. All n all, they're all just malcontents. Sad.

I want to give it up, but my biggest pet peeve is complaining just for the sake of complaining....unless these are 12 year old girls posting (not out of the question).

Reactions: Catholicfan95

They will likely use the cop out that it’s not their job to find a replacement—-which is code for either Nick Saban or Urban Meyer. I’ve added most of these idiots to my ignore list. When the premise is that only Meyer or Saban are acceptable, there’s no point engaging with such nonsense.

I want to give it up, but my biggest pet peeve is complaining just for the sake of complaining....unless these are 12 year old girls posting (not out of the question).

Or fans of other teams (e.g. Michigan) masquerading as ND fans just to stir up trouble here.

Reactions: Kontiki09

Just call them out and demand facts, watch them unravel. It's hilarious, they think opinions are facts and in reality they've built their base argument off of nothing but negative opinions.

Reactions: Kontiki09

So how many more years do you give BK to take the program to the next level?
How many more years will you accept the annual the deer in the headlights game?
Do you give him 3, 5, 10 more years to get to a consistent top 5 program?

Just considering Kelly's past 3 season what's the justification to let him go?
Nebraska did something similar to that and look at them now.

How did it turn out? Was it close?

We can eliminate Lincoln Riley as a HC candidate because he sucks too in your world.

Toss in Kirby Smart , James Franklin and Dan Mullen because they can't win big games either.

The list is getting kinda light hoss.

We can eliminate Lincoln Riley as a HC candidate because he sucks too in your world.

Toss in Kirby Smart , James Franklin and Dan Mullen because they can't win big games either.

The list is getting kinda light hoss.
can you imagine the outrage here if ND lost three straight playoff games ? i doubt anyone in Norman is calling for Rileys head and rightly so.

Matt Ruhle would be someone we should talk to but there is no shortage of candidates.
The AD has to do his due diligence. There are plenty of more than qualified coaches out there both in college and in the pro ranks. You have to actually work to find the right fit.

Come now, after ten years, he's realized he has to improve recruiting. Now everything will change. Just wait another ten years, he'll show you!

Reactions: chitown sot
Come now, after ten years, he's realized he has to improve recruiting. Now everything will change. Just wait another ten years, he'll show you!

Kelly-
type development is a form of planning involving centralized decisions, administrative allocation of assistant inputs, recruiting balances to reach equilibrium between available recruits and the targeted goals, and to some extent the use of linear optimization to optimize the plans.

I love McDonalds! Big Mac and fries - can’t beat that meal!
This is the truest thing I have read on this board in a while! I have always said.... If I hit the powerball tomorrow for 30 Billion.... there will still be days that I need a Big Mac, Fries, and a Coke.

Ok
Not now. I dont have a ckue until the next season plays out t
Respect the honest response but that's the problem...we keep kicking the can.
Next year with a third year QB, about 14/15 starters or key players returning, new OC and a manageable schedule should be the litmus test.

Matt Ruhle would be someone we should talk to but there is no shortage of candidates.
The AD has to do his due diligence. There are plenty of more than qualified coaches out there both in college and in the pro ranks. You have to actually work to find the right fit.

I can get behind Ruhle for sure. What he’s done at Baylor given their recent past has been nothing short of impressive.

Next year with a third year QB, about 14/15 starters or key players returning, new OC and a manageable schedule should be the litmus test.
Here's a heads up-----we went 12-0 last year----F*** ur litmus test.

Manageable schedule ?

It's a much harder schedule than this past season-----not even close.

I know it was a shitty response but im on interstate 270 St Louis waiting for traffic control to set up so i can screw some else travel plans, but i will have a more fair response later today

Reactions: echowaker
Here's a heads up-----we went 12-0 last year----F*** ur litmus test.

Manageable schedule ?

It's a much harder schedule than this past season-----not even close.
Correction: 12-1. You conveniently omitted the embarrassing drubbing to Clemson.
Two tough games next year(same as this year).
Don’t tell me about USC, Stanford etc. Big names but those programs are down.
The rest we will be double digit favorites.
Time to win the big games or give someone else a shot.

Your perspective of what the program is truly capable of is off. ND irrelevance does not only reflect coaching, but a myriad of other obstacles that BK has had to climb to get to this point. Your own argument of ND should be better than this is turned on it's head with the simple fact that ND did not adapt until BK was got here. I honestly don't care of BK wins a championship or not because what he's don't for this university far exceeds 1 championship. The fact is the position we are in now will set us up for decades to come, and your only counter argument to that is "if you don't care about winning a championship then why even cheer" again, I do but it's not the top of the peak for me. Winning a championship doesn't just happen in an allotted amount of time and it's clear that your biggest flaw is you think ND is better than what they really are. I think BK will win a championship, but his legacy will reign supreme for generations as he has returned an otherwise decimated, outdated, irrelevant national blue blood back to the national scene. Again, you opinion stinks.

Your perspective of what the program is truly capable of is off. ND irrelevance does not only reflect coaching, but a myriad of other obstacles that BK has had to climb to get to this point. Your own argument of ND should be better than this is turned on it's head with the simple fact that ND did not adapt until BK was got here. I honestly don't care of BK wins a championship or not because what he's don't for this university far exceeds 1 championship. The fact is the position we are in now will set us up for decades to come, and your only counter argument to that is "if you don't care about winning a championship then why even cheer" again, I do but it's not the top of the peak for me. Winning a championship doesn't just happen in an allotted amount of time and it's clear that your biggest flaw is you think ND is better than what they really are. I think BK will win a championship, but his legacy will reign supreme for generations as he has returned an otherwise decimated, outdated, irrelevant national blue blood back to the national scene. Again, you opinion stinks.

This is one of the dumbest posts I’ve read yet on this board in defense of BK. I literally wasted 2 minutes of my time reading this.
Any coach worth a damn is going to look to update outdated facilities and processes. Being from New Jersey, I can provide a perfect example of how ludicrous your comment is with Greg Schiano. Rutgers recently hired him back for a second stint. Negotiations initially fell apart because he made demands about upgrading recruiting processes, facilities, etc. in which the school was reluctant to agree to. A bottom dwelling program that is subsidized, buckled to these demands from a barely average coach.

ND has the financial ability and resources to do whatever they want. As I stated, any coach worth a damn is going to push to make the program and school look as appealing as possible.

Plus I’ve always said BK has done a phenomenal job of turning the program around. Unfortunately BK has hit his ceiling and it’s time for someone else to take the program to the next level.

Reactions: amazingreis
"Reign supreme for generations?" Gimme a break!
And exactly who the hell are you to tell anyone their opinion stinks?
You are without question a pompous egotistical elitist clown....just shut up

Last edited:
Reactions: NDinNJ
"Reign supreme for generations?" Gimme a break!
And exactly who the hell are you to tell anyone there opinion stinks?
You are without question a pompous egotistical elitist clown....just shut up

It's hard being the king. Sometimes you just gotta let people have it, don't beat around the bush, ya know?

This is one of the dumbest posts I’ve read yet on this board in defense of BK. I literally wasted 2 minutes of my time reading this.
Any coach worth a damn is going to look to update outdated facilities and processes. Being from New Jersey, I can provide a perfect example of how ludicrous your comment is with Greg Schiano. Rutgers recently hired him back for a second stint. Negotiations initially fell apart because he made demands about upgrading recruiting processes, facilities, etc. in which the school was reluctant to agree to. A bottom dwelling program that is subsidized, buckled to these demands from a barely average coach.

ND has the financial ability and resources to do whatever they want. As I stated, any coach worth a damn is going to push to make the program and school look as appealing as possible.

Plus I’ve always said BK has done a phenomenal job of turning the program around. Unfortunately BK has hit his ceiling and it’s time for someone else to take the program to the next level.

Yeah and you make some great points here, I do think we can both agree that the push back that BK got is unlike that of any school (blue blood) like ND. The point is ND was stuck in the 80's until BK came along, and he was able to make things happen and win games. The stadium is a great example...that should have been done before 2010, no excuse to not have a jumbo tron and separate press boxes. BK pushes for that and delivered. Also, the facilities have changed drastically under BK. Say what you will but give credit where it is due.

I think if you just remain patient you'll see we are going to win a championship within the next 3 years and all of this will have been for that. Personally, the state of the program is stronger than it has been in 30 years, and that makes me happy.

Edit: luxury boxes/ press boxes. Not separate press boxes sorry.

Yeah and you make some great points here, I do think we can both agree that the push back that BK got is unlike that of any school (blue blood) like ND. The point is ND was stuck in the 80's until BK came along, and he was able to make things happen and win games. The stadium is a great example...that should have been done before 2010, no excuse to not have a jumbo tron and separate press boxes. BK pushes for that and delivered. Also, the facilities have changed drastically under BK. Say what you will but give credit where it is due.

I think if you just remain patient you'll see we are going to win a championship within the next 3 years and all of this will have been for that. Personally, the state of the program is stronger than it has been in 30 years, and that makes me happy.

Edit: luxury boxes/ press boxes. Not separate press boxes sorry.
Wow, did you eat some humble pie or take a hit?

I agree with you on this. I hope BK does win a championship in the next 2-3 years, but unfortunately, and this is where we disagree, I don’t think it’s going to happen. The biggest reason I feel this way about BK is he lacks that edge to get the players up for certain games. These are 18-21 y/o young men that need that extra motivation in certain situations. This is where BK fails miserably, that and QB recruitment and development. He MUST fix this if he wants to sniff a championship.

Reactions: Catholicfan95
I agree with you on this. I hope BK does win a championship in the next 2-3 years, but unfortunately, and this is where we disagree, I don’t think it’s going to happen. The biggest reason I feel this way about BK is he lacks that edge to get the players up for certain games. These are 18-21 y/o young men that need that extra motivation in certain situations. This is where BK fails miserably, that and QB recruitment and development. He MUST fix this if he wants to sniff a championship.

The most mind blowing thing to me is how I'm 10 years we've not yet landed a top QB?! I mean it's kinda sad really. TB seems elite though, but I try to steer away from putting much stock into high school kids being the answer, jury is out until they do it in college.

And yes, it seems that when we lose focus it happens in big games and it is 100% a reflection on BK.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT