ADVERTISEMENT

Hypocrisy

I’m happy they won, but it amazes me how unrealistic expectations become when you beat a 5-loss team in a bowl game. Individuals posting on this board that OU didn’t belong in the playoffs, or we would beat OU just because ISU played them close.
Each game is different and you can’t make transitive correlations. That’s like saying ND would lose to South Carolina because they beat UGA and we lost to UGA. It doesn’t work that way.
Agreed,but you can only play who is on the schedule. It was a stellar performance by the defense and an efficient productive day by the offense against a solid team that rarely if ever gets dominated like it did yesterday
As a fan I'm quite happy about it.

Reactions: NDinNJ
Not disappointed at all. They should have won that game. Some of you clowns on here act like ND just beat LSU, Clemson, or Ohio State. They beat a 7-5 Iowa State team from the $hit a$$ Big 12 conference and now are yapping their mouths like ND got hosed and should be in the playoffs. Unbelievable....
If anyone would know about clowns.......

I have read through postings on this board for years and never felt the need to comment. However, when I read this bit above, I couldn’t help but join to say that this is the most deluded thing I have perhaps ever read.

Coaching staff with no OC and a horrible line coach “is better than earlier”... think about how pathetic that is, even if it is true (TR was hardly a savant in that game).

If we don’t get those two early fumble recoveries, we are likely down 14 - 3 and an unrecoverable malaise sets in (as in games past). No question that the defense was strong.

However, to day that we are on some magical upward slope when we lose to only 2 high quality teams on the schedule is ludicrous! We didn’t even show up against one of them. This is the same guy whose ’greatness’ lead us to a Tulsa loss... Tulsa! Compare how we played UVA and what Clemson did to them. At best, he will allow us to win the ‘games we are supposed to win,’ which are against increasingly inferior teams. Swat Rick will continue the path of scheduling teams like Tulsa, Bowling Green, and we will likely see Alcon State on the schedule, or perhaps Miami of Ohio... why not they are nearby!?!

If that is what you want for Notre Dame’s football program, the you and most others on this board (and across the ND fan community) are not aligned with you.
Hope it's your last post as that one was really stupid.

Why did it take TEN years to "hit his stride"?????
What other job in any walk of life (let alone one where you're compensated with millions of dollars) allow you ten years to hit your stride?
Does that matter now ? Live in the past all you'd like. Not interested in the incessant negativity. Enjoy your misery, it loves company...

I guess you consider #5 FSU 2014, #2 Clemson 2015, #2 & #5 Georgia as not top 5 competitors? ND lose at FSU on a flag; lose at Clemson by a half a yard; and Georgia on a fumble and incomplete pass. ND has been close but just not closed the deal yet. I am willing to wait as long as it takes. I am more satisfied winning 10 games a year as opposed to watching ND go 5-7 and 6-6 with that rare occasional 9 or 10 win season. We now have a coach who is restoring the program and moving it forward. I would hope you realize the rebuilding process isn't over. BK hit on it yesterday when he mention ND needs to move recruiting from top 15 to top 5 program. He said to do this each of his 10 assistant coaches would be expected to target two difference makers and get them to visit the campus. He expects ND to sign at least half of those players. It stands to reason if 10 difference makers are signed from each class, recruiting will go through the ceiling. I think BK is just hitting his stride and these next 5 years will be his best at ND.

It’s sad that it took BK 10 years to realize he needs to recruit better. What a joke.

There were those who said on this very board, not too long ago, he peaked and we were fated to a life of 8-4 seasons. Now we win 33 games in 3 years. Why would you think he cannot keep getting better?

I was pro BK until after the Michigan game. In 2017 after the Miami debacle BK came out and said he learned from that game and won’t let that kind of result happen again. Fast forward just 2 short years and we have the same type of game. It’s then I realized he’s peaked, there is no way he’ll get this program to the next level. I hope he proves me wrong, but I highly doubt it.

Fair or unfair, there is a reason ND has been sitting at 15 after that loss. The stigma of a yearly deer in the headlights wtf moment has set in the minds of the pollsters and playoff committee.

Reactions: deadprez3
I was pro BK until after the Michigan game. In 2017 after the Miami debacle BK came out and said he learned from that game and won’t let that kind of result happen again. Fast forward just 2 short years and we have the same type of game. It’s then I realized he’s peaked, there is no way he’ll get this program to the next level. I hope he proves me wrong, but I highly doubt it.

Fair or unfair, there is a reason ND has been sitting at 15 after that loss. The stigma of a yearly deer in the headlights wtf moment has set in the minds of the pollsters and playoff committee.
Final ranking will be 10 to 12.

3rd straight year top 11

Expect top 10 or better next year too and another double digit plus win season next yr

As long as 10 wins and an also ran bowl games makes you happy....
Nope. We made the playoffs last year. Won 2 bowl games around that. You used 1 year but not the yr prior. Funny

And will be double digit plus every season as long as Kelly is here with more playoff oppurtunities mixed in.

Good time to be an Irish fan. Lot more wins coming

Nope. We made the playoffs last year. Won 2 bowl games around that. You used 1 year but not the yr prior. Funny

And will be double digit plus every season as long as Kelly is here with more playoff oppurtunities mixed in.

Good time to be an Irish fan. Lot more wins coming
30 yrs and counting overall. 10 with the current regime.
I've seen this movie before. Have a great night.

It's a good thing that we can all post anonymously because some of these posts and posters are embarrassingly dumb and elementary.

You negative nancies out here who claim yourselves as "realist" are so far off the page of sane thinking it's mind blowing.

It's actually a credit to all of your delusion that you can conjure up all these facts that you think make your point in someway, they absolutely do not. I dare anyone to pick up a law book or even a dictionary and read the definition of pertinent facts. It is clear there is a huge IQ gap and an extreme lack of understanding of how to have a debate and what constitutes a valid point. Clearly, most of you skipped out on reading comprehension in school and should seek just compensation from your local government to refund the money invested into your teaching and learning environments.

And even more humorous is how butt hurt you people are when someone calls you on your trash. It's like debating with a freaking child. If you post your opinion on here and it sucks, or it is completely wrong with no facts and some other poster calls you out, how can you possibly get offended or upset?

It's a tragic comedy.

Reactions: jcswoopnh
It's a good thing that we can all post anonymously because some of these posts and posters are embarrassingly dumb and elementary.

You negative nancies out here who claim yourselves as "realist" are so far off the page of sane thinking it's mind blowing.

It's actually a credit to all of your delusion that you can conjure up all these facts that you think make your point in someway, they absolutely do not. I dare anyone to pick up a law book or even a dictionary and read the definition of pertinent facts. It is clear there is a huge IQ gap and an extreme lack of understanding of how to have a debate and what constitutes a valid point. Clearly, most of you skipped out on reading comprehension in school and should seek just compensation from your local government to refund the money invested into your teaching and learning environments.

And even more humorous is how butt hurt you people are when someone calls you on your trash. It's like debating with a freaking child. If you post your opinion on here and it sucks, or it is completely wrong with no facts and some other poster calls you out, how can you possibly get offended or upset?

It's a tragic comedy.

How can anyone ever get upset over words on a message board?

Reactions: echowaker

It's a tragic comedy.
Pompous elitist diatribe...

I just checked my ignore content to see who you guys were responding too. I ignored that troll weeks ago. Some stuff just isn't worth the time.

Yep, the ignore function is great. It’s one thing to disagree with somebody, but there’s no reason to continually subject oneself to sheer, irrational stupidity. And frankly, I think many of these trolls are just looking for attention anyway.

Reactions: Ara64
Yep, the ignore function is great. It’s one thing to disagree with somebody, but there’s no reason to continually subject oneself to sheer, irrational stupidity. And frankly, I think many of these trolls are just looking for attention anyway.
If you’re ignoring, then why reply?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT