ADVERTISEMENT

Helfrich as OC?

I think we should bring helfrich (did outstanding at Utah) also bring Harry back, make Quinn TE coach and Rees Co coordinator. Harry's family still lives in south bend. I know none of this will happen but it's my dream.

Reactions: ndtarheel7
He certainly knows Kelly’s system.
True but if you want more of the same (a BK puppet) then hire TR. I actually believe he will be a good coach in due time but Helfrich could be worth taking a look at. Doubt he would be interested or if we would pay him what he'd command.

Last edited:
Thank God! Please work on your sarcasm not obvious at all. Also coming from the idiot that says PJ forgot how to throw a spiral it would not suprise me if you were serious.
I'm not the one that started spiral gate. I may have piled on...but there does seem to be more than a shred truth to it.

I'm not the one that started spiral gate. I may have piled on...but there does seem to be more than a shred truth to it.
Truth to what? PJ forgot how to throw a football? Contrary to all the video evidence I put out on that thread? Also, pretty sure it was you that stated it PJ can't throw stuff.

Truth to what? PJ forgot how to throw a football? Contrary to all the video evidence I put out on that thread? Also, pretty sure it was you that stated it PJ can't throw stuff.
GetNasty and Golson5 started that on page 1 of that thread..go back and look. I piled on, true.
He has struggled with his delivery and I know for a fact they've tried to change/tweak it. It was documented during the Spring games.

GetNasty and Golson5 started that on page 1 of that thread..go back and look. I piled on, true.
He has struggled with his delivery and I know for a fact they've tried to change/tweak it. It was documented during the Spring games.
I have Golson blocked so I don't see his junk. But spring was a long time ago. Again, you seem to hang every thing on that one scrimmage. Nothing he did before or after. You seem to have a disdain for him so whatever and good luck with that.

Also, what do know for a fact? You're at practices? In the coaches meetings?

He can an “offensive analyst” that’s it. I would have like Taylor to get a shot, seeing as he coached under Shaw and Saban.

I have Golson blocked so I don't see his junk. But spring was a long time ago. Again, you seem to hang every thing on that one scrimmage. Nothing he did before or after. You seem to have a disdain for him so whatever and good luck with that.

This guy is so defensive on this subject. Comical

Reactions: Pennick4

I have no disdain for him or any player. I'm quite sure he's a fine young man.
It's difficult to base his ability on anything but the scrimmages and what you hear (including Fluitie's remarks) because he's done nothing in the games but run and hand the ball off.

I hope PJ plays eventually and is great but the arrow doesn't seem to be pointing up.

Last edited:
I have no disdain for him or any player. I'm quite sure he's a fine young man.
It's difficult to base his ability on anything but the scrimmages and what you hear (including Fluitie's remarks) because he's done nothing in the games but run and hand the ball off.

I hope PJ plays eventually and is great but the arrow doesn't seem to be pointing up.
I see you ignored my questions. Now thats a real shocker. Happy New Year.

BK is not bringing in a former Oregonian who he has no history with.

I see you ignored my questions. Now thats a real shocker. Happy New Year.
I gave you a very respectful answer. Did you really expect me to answer your rhetorical questions about being at practice or in meetings?
If he is ever a successful starting QB at ND, I’ll be sure to congratulate you for being right.

And because you asked, Here’s a “fact” for you....
Why, if his delivery is perfect and the ball comes out his hand beautifully, is he working on a”detailed overhaul “ two years into his college career?
https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...urkovec-endures-rocky-spring-game/3422915002/

Now answer my questions.

Last edited:
I gave you a very respectful answer. Did you really expect me to answer your rhetorical questions about being at practice or in meetings?
If he is ever a successful starting QB at ND, I’ll be sure to congratulate you for being right.

And because you asked, Here’s a “fact” for you....
Why, if his delivery is perfect and the ball comes out his hand beautifully, is he working on a”detailed overhaul “ two years into his college career?
https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...urkovec-endures-rocky-spring-game/3422915002/

Now answer my questions.
Holy mother of God are you an idiot. You're like a puppy with a new toy. You are completely transfixed on that one scrimmage and ignore his entire body of work before and after. Maybe, just maybe, he had a bad day. He played pretty well during the season. His numbers are actually better than Books. But like the true moron you are just ignore that. So sorry, I can't fix stupid so I'm done with you on this subject. You have done a fine job illustrating what a buffoon you are. Congratulations!

Last edited:
“You seem to have a disdain for him so whatever and good luck with that.”

Yep, disdain for the ND qb runs rampant on this board, whether it’s warranted or not.

Why ? What do you base that on ? Two guys with outstanding football minds and lots of experience. Quality guys. You think every coach out there has had great success at every stop ? That said I highly doubt either are under consideration.

Holy mother of God are you an idiot. You're like a puppy with a new toy. You are completely transfixed on that one scrimmage and ignore his entire body of work before and after. Maybe, just maybe, he had a bad day. He played pretty well during the season. His numbers are actually better than Books. But like the true moron you are just ignore that. So sorry, I can't fix stupid so I'm done with you on this subject. You have done a
fine job illustrating what a buffoon you are. Congratulations!
It’s more than the scrimmage-you never answered why he is doing a “detailed overhaul.”
Body of work? What he did in High School is irrelevant to the present and so far his collegiate body of work can only be described as Incomplete. We don’t know yet.
And you’re saying that his numbers are better than Books? He didn’t play one meaningful snap the entire season -talk about Stupid!

I'd love to be wrong of course but if PJ had "IT" I suspect we'd all have seen it by now. To date we've seen only glimmers of glimmer. He's not going to be the program changer to get us over the top. Attack at will...

I'd love to be wrong of course but if PJ had "IT" I suspect we'd all have seen it by now. To date we've seen only glimmers of glimmer. He's not going to be the program changer to get us over the top. Attack at will...
Well said. Hard to debate with numbskulls who say “his numbers are actually better than Books” and then says others are stupid.

Well said. Hard to debate with numbskulls who say “his numbers are actually better than Books” and then says others are stupid.
Ummm his numbers are better you moron. No scrimmages don't count and are not found on his stats so don't even try to go there.

Ummm his numbers are better you moron. No scrimmages don't count and are not found on his stats so don't even try to go there.
He didn’t play a fraction of the snaps as Book and not one meaningful snap yet you make the lame argument he had better numbers. Lazy and stupid.

888 would give him the Heisman. After all, his completion percentage was better than Joe Burrow’s...lol
I dear you to find ONE thread where I said he should even start over Book. My exact words were with his play this season he deserved to have more time and during his time be allowed to open the play book. Sad to see a "ND" fan rooting for a player to fail.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT