ADVERTISEMENT

Please no Gino as OC

edub72

All Star
Jan 17, 2018
Go out and get someone outside the program and freshen things up. Please please please no Gino as OC.

I disagree. If he does a good job with a depleted offense in the bowl game, I wouldn't have a problem with Freeman promoting him. He was on the Cincinnati staff that made the Playoff, and did a good job there.

He also did a pretty good job with the QBs this year. Hartman was already a finished product, but Angeli played well when he came in and played.

No! Tired of promoting unproven guys to offensive coordinator.

It's freaking Notre Dame, go out and get someone good. Other teams do, it's time we did.

Reactions: edub72 and HRC08
I'm not saying yes or no to Gino but will say this. I feel a lot will come down to how much support Freeman has from the Admin. People keep saying how Parker was given the job but in reality he was the 3rd choice and with fall camp starting a move had to be made to get the season going.

Don't know why the first one turned down the spot but ND not willing to buy out the second guy contract didn't look good on our part after the media attention of Freeman and him on campus and at other games. We made him look bad by going back to his school the way it ended.

What big name/time OC is going to risk his image after last years fiasco?

Freeman needs to discuss this thoroughly behind closed doors and out the spot light with whoever it will be with and the Admin so there are no surprises. Also to make sure no one is looking for a raise and no plans on leaving their current spot.

At least we technically have months to search

ND not willing to buy out the second guy contract didn't

That has been proven to not be true.

Coaches go back and forth between college and the pros all the time. Hell our DC came back to college.
Al Golden was an NFL linebackers coach. Joe Brady is an NFL OC.

Dudes like Joe Brady who are trying to climb don't go backwards.

Reactions: bizzybecknd
I disagree. If he does a good job with a depleted offense in the bowl game, I wouldn't have a problem with Freeman promoting him. He was on the Cincinnati staff that made the Playoff, and did a good job there.

He also did a pretty good job with the QBs this year. Hartman was already a finished product, but Angeli played well when he came in and played.
Not arguing with you but what does he prove going against a depleted Beaver team?

Denbrock mentioned. Kirby Moore mentioned.

Also ole miss guy.

I like the Moore idea. His brother is the Chargers OC. Pit them in the top 10. Young guys. Just got a hunch he’d be a good one and relate to the team and MF’s style.

Denbrock, Moore, Moorehead or Candle say you are very serious about making this offense competitive, in the games that count the most. This was the worst Top 10 and 39PPG offense I have ever seen.

If I was a betting man( I am), its going to be Gino, the path of least resistance. Didn't say hes my first choice but going by what ND usually does. MF will tell us Gino knows the system, players, etc and wants keep things stable.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelso86
Gino should have been the guy. He should have been the guy from the get go. I have faith in Gino.

• Haha
Reactions: tbonesays
Not arguing with you but what does he prove going against a depleted Beaver team?
I don't know exactly how much of their defense will be missing. But, if our offense looks well-coached and the play calling is effective, that would be a good sign.

Reactions: Kelso86

I would think evaluating him for a permanent OC position against a depleted Oregon State team is not a good metric

Chip Lindsey, UNC would be somebody to look at. Or, Warren Ruggiero, Wake. I also think Coen from Kentucky is really good. Especially at developing QB talent.

Reactions: edub72
Is it even confirmed that we need an OC?

IF so I stand by my 6 year position that we need to graft a limb from the Norvell tree. His teams play fast and it is hard to predict run/pass.

There is only one if we can get him. Skip holtz. From off coordinator to next head coach.
give me a notre dame family any day. Don’t really care about anyone else. Go irish

• Haha
Reactions: Golson5
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT