ADVERTISEMENT

Bettis

I think he’s a high floor low ceiling kind of player. He will definitely contribute as a receiver, and probably as a good depth part of our receiver group. Personally, I think Meadows and Taylor offer a lot more upside, and I hope we continue to recruit both really hard. I think if we were to get both, this would make five receivers for the class, which is a lot given our needs elsewhere. I read several months ago that some think Bettis has a higher ceiling as a safety. I‘ve not seen any indication that ND sees him as such, and every indication is that he prefers receiver. But if we were to get Meadows and Taylor, I hope both ND and Bettis would explore this option.

Happy to have him but we really need to secure Meadows (nd lean by all accounts) and Taylor as well. At least Meadows. So far our offensive skill guys in this class are a bit underwhelming compared to the defensive skill guys.

I think he’s a high floor low ceiling kind of player. He will definitely contribute as a receiver, and probably as a good depth part of our receiver group. Personally, I think Meadows and Taylor offer a lot more upside, and I hope we continue to recruit both really hard. I think if we were to get both, this would make five receivers for the class, which is a lot given our needs elsewhere. I read several months ago that some think Bettis has a higher ceiling as a safety. I‘ve not seen any indication that ND sees him as such, and every indication is that he prefers receiver. But if we were to get Meadows and Taylor, I hope both ND and Bettis would explore this option.
I read the write up n Driskell’s site and wondered the same thing……could he eventually be a Safety?

It’ll likely be 30 months before he’s asked to contribute in a game. A lot of developing can happen in that time.

Reactions: Kelso86 and Telx1
I read the write up n Driskell’s site and wondered the same thing……could he eventually be a Safety?

It’ll likely be 30 months before he’s asked to contribute in a game. A lot of developing can happen in that time.
IrishMike…I don’t subscribe to wherever Driskell is employed. Not sure where I read this, but a free site for sure. Probably in a doctor’s office waiting room! He does play defense in high school, along with receiver, and he closes on the ball quickly and shows really good instinct In terms of angles and timing, etc…. He also flashes as a hard tackler as well. As a receiver, he impresses with really outstanding hands, and the timing alluded to above applies here as well.

30 months? Thanks, Mel.

IrishMike…I don’t subscribe to wherever Driskell is employed. Not sure where I read this, but a free site for sure. Probably in a doctor’s office waiting room! He does play defense in high school, along with receiver, and he closes on the ball quickly and shows really good instinct In terms of angles and timing, etc…. He also flashes as a hard tackler as well. As a receiver, he impresses with really outstanding hands, and the timing alluded to above applies here as well.
I don’t subscribe either Telx. Driskell is kind enough to provide some damn good content at no-charge.

I don’t agree with all of his takes, but the content is rock solid. He and his team do a nice job covering the Irish year-round.

Reactions: 1Redrum
I don’t subscribe either Telx. Driskell is kind enough to provide some damn good content at no-charge.

I don’t agree with all of his takes, but the content is rock solid. He and his team do a nice job covering the Irish year-round.
What service is he connected with now?

Solid pickup by ND, plus he's a legacy.

Not impressed at all with Driskell's talent evaluations. The guy was calling Tyler Buchner a dynamic QB who was going to light it up.

Reactions: BGI User 756

Not impressed at all with Driskell's talent evaluations. The guy was calling Tyler Buchner a dynamic QB who was going to light it up.
So what. Nfl teams make mistakes all the time. And that's after watching college film

He does a good job. No talent evaluator is going to be close to 100%.

Reactions: IrishMike409
So what. Nfl teams make mistakes all the time. And that's after watching college film

He does a good job. No talent evaluator is going to be close to 100%.
He's been wrong more than he's been right. 😂

I do not listen to or read one word that Bryan Driskell writes or says.

And it goes way beyond expertise or lack of expertise at what he does.

Content.

Reactions: NDinNJ

I get it, but I’m there for the ND talk. He’s got it going everyday, and it’s solid stuff. This board dries up at times during the year….

I get it, but I’m there for the ND talk. He’s got it going everyday, and it’s solid stuff. This board dries up at times during the year….
I agree, I like the board as well, but I honestly don't believe he's a good evaluator of talent.
Although he has some positives to say about Bettis Jr., I don't agree with his take on his speed. Bettis is a big framed receiver. with good hands. If anyone has watched his film, he's not afraid to go up and take the ball. He's aggressive which is what you need at the WR position, someone that's going to go up and fight for the ball. He's also got speed. I mean the kid was clocking a 10.7 100m as a jr. and is only going to get faster and stronger. I could see him finishing as 4 star.

Reactions: IrishMike409
You embarrass yourself each time you post.

Stop, you are embarrassing yourself. 🤣🤣🤣🤣. You think I care about that stupid ass post

Good for a laugh
I put your image into Google AI and it came back with a negative IQ 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: Chitown11
I agree, I like the board as well, but I honestly don't believe he's a good evaluator of talent.
Although he has some positives to say about Bettis Jr., I don't agree with his take on his speed. Bettis is a big framed receiver. with good hands. If anyone has watched his film, he's not afraid to go up and take the ball. He's aggressive which is what you need at the WR position, someone that's going to go up and fight for the ball. He's also got speed. I mean the kid was clocking a 10.7 100m as a jr. and is only going to get faster and stronger. I could see him finishing as 4 star.
We’ll see how it shakes out for the kid.

The obvious chatter: @he’s a big-time legacy and that’s the sole reason for the offer”….I’m sure he hears it and feels it. How could he not?

Let’s hope he’s ultra-motivated and committed to fighting for PT. It’ll be an interesting ride. I like what you had to say about his skill-set. It would be quite the story if he ends up s 4-Star.

Show that proof that he ran a 10.7

No he hasn’t. He clocked a 4.77 40 recently

Where is that 10.7 you mentioned

Look it up yourself? Are you lazy, stupid, or both.
It's not factual. You made it up. So prove it

10.7 is what Jer Love ran as a junior and Bettis isnt close to him

So we're still waiting for you to prove that number chief

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT