Posts Like A Champion
Nov 27, 2011
2 new Tackles next season….

Baker?
Wagner?
Jagusah?
Lambert?

Who am I missing?

I don’t understand it. He never played to the billing, he got blown up by Louisville, the line, and missed assignments all the time. Good luck to him. I hope he’s successful, but doesn’t seem like the right decision.

Reactions: 1Redrum and NDblitz
I don’t understand it. He never played to the billing, he got blown up by Louisville, the line, and missed assignments all the time. Good luck to him. I hope he’s successful, but doesn’t seem like the right decision.

Last I read, projected 4th round.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Was thinking round 3-4, got all the measurables to make it in the league. Think it’s a good move, if he hasn’t peaked yet doubtful another year at ND would be the difference. Breaking in a new OL, QB, RBs- good time to jump.

Reactions: notredamerises23
Was thinking round 3-4, got all the measurables to make it in the league. Think it’s a good move, if he hasn’t peaked yet doubtful another year at ND would be the difference. Breaking in a new OL, QB, RBs- good time to jump.
Terrible time to jump. Just a bad move

Best of luck but he has only played for two seasons while working to reshape his body. This is a clear example of someone who one more year could have benefited himself greatly.

Reactions: Golson5
Best of luck but he has only played for two seasons while working to reshape his body. This is a clear example of someone who one more year could have benefited himself greatly.
All they see is dollar signs. And probably 'friends' etc pushing them

Pro Football Focus assigned Fisher a 72.1 offensive grade, a 70.5 run blocking grade and a 72.5 pass blocking grade for his 2023 regular season. Among the 255 FBS offensive tackles who played at least 467 snaps, Fisher was ranked in those respective categories tied for No. 47, tied for No. 40 and tied for No. 94.

Reactions: BGI User 756
At first this does seem like a bad move, but maybe he realizes he’s peaked and another year looking like a borderline late round pick won’t do him any good. Best of luck to him, I had always hoped he would be a little better but he definitely wasn’t a bust for us

Guard in the NFL. Why spend a year playing LT. A good move. Go get paid well and start your NFL pension.

Reactions: bizzybecknd
Nah. It isn't terrible. Either decision is a good one. In Blake's defense, he will get drafted, make a team, and get paid well. And start his NFL pension at a very young age.

Either decision was a good one.
Nah it was a bad one. His film was bad this year. He's going to be a later round pick

He should have came back, would be getting NIL money, improve his game and he has the talent to be top 2 round guy.

He cost himself a lot of money. Plus he needs to work on his body and his game to make him Last in the league longer

Bad move

Reactions: NDblitz
Nah it was a bad one. His film was bad this year. He's going to be a later round pick

He should have came back, would be getting NIL money, improve his game and he has the talent to be top 2 round guy.

He cost himself a lot of money. Plus he needs to work on his body and his game to make him Last in the league longer

Bad move
NIL does not provide a pension, and the NFL pension sets you up for life. Blake Fisher was hurt his entire freshman season, and returning does not guarantee a damn thing.

Reactions: bizzybecknd
NIL does not provide a pension, and the NFL pension sets you up for life. Blake Fisher was hurt his entire freshman season, and returning does not guarantee a damn thing.
Either does entering the draft. Not a damn thing.

And the pension does not set him up for life.

He made a bad move

Reactions: deadirishpoet
OLU. Blake's success will only lead to more and better commits. Good luck, Blake.

Nah. It isn't terrible. Either decision is a good one. In Blake's defense, he will get drafted, make a team, and get paid well. And start his NFL pension at a very young age.

Either decision was a good one.
Either decision can’t be a good one when one can be a better one. Once again you make no sense.

• Haha
Reactions: IrishMike409
Either decision can’t be a good one when one can be a better one. Once again you make no sense.
So let me get this straight, his game deteriorated year over year- all seem to agree. What makes you think he’s going to improve next year breaking in a new position with new teammates? I’ll bet Golson he gets drafted before Hart.

Bad move by Fisher

But I hope he is successful
I agree, he played poorly a few games, just look at his grades each game, some big swings.

I hope the young man continues the line of great ND OL in the NFL but I think he could’ve improved by returning and playing at LT next season.

1st to 3rd

• Haha
Reactions: Golson5
He has to qualify for a NFL pension. Just making a team doesn't start the clock. It takes 3 seasons of qualifying time to become vested.

Last edited:
Did the coaches have to coddle him? Him saying he’s ready to dominate in the nfl is a confused human

Last big game he played vs Clemson he got whipped all fourth quarter

Film don’t lie, almost like he’s never watched his own

Reactions: THUNDERSTRUCK111
Did the coaches have to coddle him? Him saying he’s ready to dominate in the nfl is a confused human

Last big game he played vs Clemson he got whipped all fourth quarter

Film don’t lie, almost like he’s never watched his own
Would have loved to have seen him at left guard all this past season. I think he and ND would have benefited greatly.

Would have loved to have seen him at left guard all this past season. I think he and ND would have benefited greatly.
Agree guard is his spot and it was a weakness this year of team, but Wagner wasn’t ready and baker is bad

Fisher should have kept the 330 and went to guard. Look at that bama oline and how dominant they’ve become with development

Reactions: echowaker
Agree guard is his spot and it was a weakness this year of team, but Wagner wasn’t ready and baker is bad

Fisher should have kept the 330 and went to guard. Look at that bama oline and how dominant they’ve become with development
In hindsight I'd take Wagner over Coogan. Definitely more upside. Would have preferred Wagner having growing pains than Coogan.

Reactions: IrishMike409
In hindsight I'd take Wagner over Coogan. Definitely more upside. Would have preferred Wagner having growing pains than Coogan.
That’s fair, Coogan spindler and zeke were 3 of the slowest interior guards you’ll see on a good team, all starting together.

The fact they didn’t start Billy or Craig especially Craig let’s me know they were so much more about assignment correct than becoming the best line with growth

Jagusah has to fit in somewhere, right?

Either G or T? I think he’ll be ready as a sophomore.

He has to qualify for a NFL pension. Just making a team doesn't start the clock. It takes 3 seasons of qualifying time to become vested.
Blake Fisher will have no problem at all establishing himself in the NFL for at least 3 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT