ADVERTISEMENT

Finish The Notre Dame 2021 Recruiting Class

Land Spindler. Then go all out to land 1 of Rucci, Milium, Delinger. Pull the full court press and use Blake/Spindler to try to land/flip one of them.

Landing Spindler and getting one of those 4 would be a homerun on the OL. It's unlikely but possible. Blake/Spindler can be a key recruiting tag team
I sure hope you're right. Anything is possible.

I'm not predicting we'll land 1 of those 3.

I think we get Spindler.

Then Im saying to go all in to try to land 1 more stud and you have a home run

After taking only 2 last year, I agree, you secure Spindler, then go all in on trying to flip Tengwall, Rucci, Dellinger, Millum, Johnson, Fatheree, etc prior to signing day.

I'm really hoping that Rayshaun Benny's grades suck, otherwise I would be all over him as well as David Davidkov, the Iowa commit from Illinois that would be a great 5th OL in this class as well.

After taking only 2 last year, I agree, you secure Spindler, then go all in on trying to flip Tengwall, Rucci, Dellinger, Millum, Johnson, Fatheree, etc prior to signing day.

I'm really hoping that Rayshaun Benny's grades suck, otherwise I would be all over him as well as David Davidkov, the Iowa commit from Illinois that would be a great 5th OL in this class as well.
I forgot about Johnson. He'd be my 4th. I dont think we have a shot with Fatheree. I think Tengwall is a guard and is secure with ped st so I didnt include him. I want a tackle and those 4 seem the most likely

I forgot about Johnson. He'd be my 4th. I dont think we have a shot with Fatheree. I think Tengwall is a guard and is secure with ped st so I didnt include him. I want a tackle and those 4 seem the most likely

I think the only guys that would be locks to play tackle at ND from the group we mentioned are Rucci and Millum. I think Dellinger, Johnson and Davidkov would all be athletic guards that COULD play right tackle, in as Christian Lombard types.

Diggs is a RB he's just not close to elite. Solid hands, tough, physical, good cutting and balance, minimal explosiveness. He could potentially be like a tarean folston, I think that is his ceiling.

Would love to get an elite back soon to compliment Tyree.

Diggs is a RB he's just not close to elite. Solid hands, tough, physical, good cutting and balance, minimal explosiveness. He could potentially be like a tarean folston, I think that is his ceiling.

That means he is going to be a stud and a Heisman Trophy Winner!:D

Reactions: Leahylads
Some of the most productive backs are in the 4.66 range. As many people have pointed out, he is Tony Jones 2.0. Neither are burners but I’d say Diggs has the better feet and short area explosion. Time will tell.

Some of the most productive backs are in the 4.66 range. As many people have pointed out, he is Tony Jones 2.0. Neither are burners but I’d say Diggs has the better feet and short area explosion. Time will tell.
Tony Jones 2.0 is not a compliment.

Jones did better than I expected last year, but better than I expected had him as about an average back for out type of schedule. That's unacceptable for a top 10 team.

Reactions: jcswoopnh

Diggs reminds me a bunch of Theo Riddick

ND needs to really push for Edwards though. He should be a domer and not a skunkbear.

ND needs a couple transfers out of it's congested (not in a good way) RB room.

Jafar Armstrong
C'Bo Flemister or Jahmir Smith or Kyren Williams
Chris Tyree
Logan Diggs
Donovan Edwards (super longshot)

Avery Davis
2 of Flemister, Smith and Williams
Trevor Speights

All need to be out of the ND backfield at the conclusion of 2021. 5 competitive RB's, a 6th only if he's a game changer.

Crystal balls starting to come in for Prince Kollie to ND. Would be a heck of a get.

Spindler, Kollie, Thomas, Titus, Slocum. Then get 1 to 2 elites/flips.

If the staff could pull off a top 10 class during a pandemic with no visits to campus that would be an A+ effort. Lot of work still to be done. Gotta close

Reactions: Tru2Irish

Jones did better than I expected last year, but better than I expected had him as about an average back for out type of schedule. That's unacceptable for a top 10 team.

And that’s your opinion. I thought he was great back North and South. And that’s with the Chip Long 3rd grade play calling and subpar offensive line play

Crystal balls starting to come in for Prince Kollie to ND. Would be a heck of a get.

Spindler, Kollie, Thomas, Titus, Slocum. Then get 1 to 2 elites/flips.

If the staff could pull off a top 10 class during a pandemic with no visits to campus that would be an A+ effort. Lot of work still to be done. Gotta close

Not sure there is enough room left in the class for...

Spindler
Kollie
Mokiao-Atimalala
Thomas
Slocum

Plus a couple of...

Edwards
Colzie
Thornton
Dellinger
Rucci
Millum
Johnson
Wright
Davidkov
Perry
Lewis

I would take any of those guys in a heartbeat, but first of all ND has to get back in on some of them and secondly, they would have to be projecting a bigger exodus at the conclusion of 2020 than there currently projects to be.

A top 10 class would be a huge coup at this point. If somehow they snuck into the #9-#10 spot and built some momentum into 2020, that would be great. We'll see.

Not sure there is enough room left in the class for...

Spindler
Kollie
Mokiao-Atimalala
Thomas
Slocum

Plus a couple of...

Edwards
Colzie
Thornton
Dellinger
Rucci
Millum
Johnson
Wright
Davidkov
Perry
Lewis

I would take any of those guys in a heartbeat, but first of all ND has to get back in on some of them and secondly, they would have to be projecting a bigger exodus at the conclusion of 2020 than there currently projects to be.

A top 10 class would be a huge coup at this point. If somehow they snuck into the #9-#10 spot and built some momentum into 2020, that would be great. We'll see.
Hypothetically, if we were at 20 recruits and Rucci and Edwards wanted to jump on board, they'd make room somehow. They aren't turning that down. No chance

Reactions: Tru2Irish
Hypothetically, if we were at 20 recruits and Rucci and Edwards wanted to jump on board, they'd make room somehow. They aren't turning that down. No chance

I'm not saying they would. I simply think it would be a longshot with some of those of those guys and I think those flips are likely not to happen. They'd also need to consider not taking any key grad transfers next cycle and investing in those guys instead. I'd be thrilled to get even one of the dudes not named Perry or Lewis.

And that’s your opinion. I thought he was great back North and South. And that’s with the Chip Long 3rd grade play calling and subpar offensive line play
chip at times was awful, but statistically ND offense was good, very good at times. The oline was also good, not great, but good. Considered #1 oline returning for this year. So no excuse to not have a stud RB.

Reactions: VTND
chip at times was awful, but statistically ND offense was good, very good at times. The oline was also good, not great, but good. Considered #1 oline returning for this year. So no excuse to not have a stud RB.

Don't understand the Chip Long hate. The guy was far from perfect, but he coordinated the highest scoring offense in ND history and was, by far, the best recruiter on the ND offensive staff during his tenure.

Personally,i think he and BK butted heads. I think Rees will adapt to job quickly. I really feel the O-line will play better for Rees.

He butted heads with everyone in the building which is why he's gone.
By all accounts he was a big time putz. Kelly got rid of him and made the right call. Doesn't matter how good of a coach he was.... The staff must be working together. Long didn't exactly get another good position. That speaks volumes.

He butted heads with everyone in the building which is why he's gone.

I was fine with him being fired for not meshing with the staff. Two things can be true at the same time.

1). He was a dick and didn't get along with the players, or other coaches.

2). He orchestrated the highest scoring offense in ND history, and was the best recruiter on the offense, if not the entire staff.

Not a great fit for ND, but did some excellent things while he was in South Bend.

Ironically, the coach that he did get along with really well was Harry Hiestand. They were both abrasive personalities, who got their players to perform. Ironically, they both landed a lot of good players on the recruiting trail... The exact same thing can be said of Mike Elko.

Last edited:
Don't understand the Chip Long hate. The guy was far from perfect, but he coordinated the highest scoring offense in ND history and was, by far, the best recruiter on the ND offensive staff during his tenure.
It’s not hate, he was solid just never consistent. He was amazing at times and awful at others. Offense was terrible in the biggest games under him.

Reactions: jcswoopnh
Tony gave ND 1800 yards and 14 TDs. Is he the best RB that ND has ever had? No.

But if you want to take shots, Jones is the wrong guy to take shots at.

I will always remember that long TD that Tony had against USC in 2018 preserving the undefeated season. Kind of like the long run that Eric Penick had against USC in the 1973 season that preserved a undefeated season. Both not the greatest runners in the world but when called upon in CLUTCH moments they made the big plays !! How many players can say that? They and their grand children will always remember !

Tony gave ND 1800 yards and 14 TDs. Is he the best RB that ND has ever had? No.

But if you want to take shots, Jones is the wrong guy to take shots at.

And he was a leader on some really good teams.
It's not a shot at jones, it's a shot at our recruiting. He gave all he had, and did the best he could. But again, no excuse for ND to not have more talent at RB. Denson recruiting hurt, and Taylor is just starting.

I will always remember that long TD that Tony had against USC in 2018 preserving the undefeated season. Kind of like the long run that Eric Penick had against USC in the 1973 season that preserved a undefeated season. Both not the greatest runners in the world but when called upon in CLUTCH moments they made the big plays !! How many players can say that? They and their grand children will always remember !
That was 100% chip long and how he could set up an amazing play. Jones almost dropped it. Now, his run vs Iowa State was him doing work.

Reactions: IrishMike409

The beat writer for the Saints, who have an incredible roster on offense, says Tony Jones Jr. will be the lead back on the practice squad and the first back promoted to the game roster if there is an injury or positive Covid test at RB.
So he is an average back or G5 back according to most on here, but going to play in the NFL.
LOL at you people.

The beat writer for the Saints, who have an incredible roster on offense, says Tony Jones Jr. will be the lead back on the practice squad and the first back promoted to the game roster if there is an injury or positive Covid test at RB.
So he is an average back or G5 back according to most on here, but going to play in the NFL.
LOL at you people.
He was about the 40th rated RB coming out of college. For a Team that has been competing for the playoffs a good # of years and our starting RB is the 40th rated. He wasn't horrible at ND, he just wan't good either.

Maybe he loses 20lbs and plays better, or maybe the saints want a reliable pass blocker than can catch the ball out of the backfield.

You're saying our ND RB might make an NFL roster if Covid hits hard? I think we're on the same page.

No excuse for ND to not have more talent starting at RB.

ND might not even take 20, but probably 20 at most, so they won’t break top 10 doing that. Last year they took only 17 (after the Bartleson incident). ND’s current Star talent rating is top 5-6 though, which is what I care about. If ND took a crap load of 3 Stars & took 25-28 kids (like a lot of programs), they would easily be top 10 every year. But they don’t do that & that’s why they beat most teams above them in recruiting rankings.

Umm... They signed 27 in 2018 and finished

really? How pathetic. ND is not the only team dealing with Covid 19. Stop making excuses for a coach that’s clearly reached his peak.

Ya, and you do? LOL You amuse me. Typical keyboard warrior, who doesn’t know sh^t.
The guy posts quality content to the board almost daily. All you do is talk shit. You bring nothing to the table here. Go away. Don’t respond to me......I’m putting you on ignore. Go F around and amuse yourself elsewhere.

Don't look now but we're on a 2 game winning streak for Cali Turkey Saturday, and it's safe for another year.

Reactions: IrishMike409
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT