ADVERTISEMENT

Estime 40

Think he was a 4th round guy anyhow, think expectations were probably around 4.6. Kyrens 4.65 hurt him in the draft but maybe scouts will learn.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Think he was a 4th round guy anyhow, think expectations were probably around 4.6. Kyrens 4.65 hurt him in the draft but maybe scouts will learn.
Kyren and Estime are a tribute to our scouting efforts. (Did Rees Sr leave with Tommy?) Looking beyond the measurables and finding those who are football smart.

Kyren and Estime are a tribute to our scouting efforts. (Did Rees Sr leave with Tommy?) Looking beyond the measurables and finding those who are football smart.
His measurables are all good except his 40. Although he had one of the fastest gps times on his run this year

If Estime drops lower than the end of the first round, the NFL teams are not that smart. He runs over people, not just away from them. He'll have an outstanding NFL career!
He was never going in the first rd. He can go anywhere from late 2nd to the 5th rd

An NFL Combine 4.71 RB won’t be a day 1 selection, and Round 2 is likely gone as well.
It really shouldn’t matter, it’s a metric that scouts/media love that’s probably cost a lot of careers. Remember John Ross who jumped into the top 10 based on a track run?

Watch the tape, you’ll find a football player. Hes not the dog that Kyren is (I thought he was the best player on that ND team even above KH and best ND RB I’ve ever watched) but Kyren made the pro bowl with a 4.65, CJ Procise ran a 4.48. The reality is Estime was round 3 at best, prob round 4, and that time did cost him a round. He will go 4-5 but it’s a fairly weak RB class so we’ll see.

Scouting and/or development. Two really good running back coaches in Lance Taylor and DM.

His game film will be what gets him drafted.
Frank Gore 4.58
Emmitt Smith 4.55
if he can just shave a little off of that at his pro day...

Idk. Audric looked fast enough this year to me. He looked quick in that TD vs duke and nc state.
Why doesn’t the combine have these guys run the forty with full pads and helmet on. Wouldn’t that be a better indicator of what you’re going to see on the field ?

The guy is a power back. Betis only ran a 4.7 and he was quite successful. He will be just fine
I watched every carry of Jerome Bettis in college, same with Audric Estime. I would not classify Estime as good of a CFB RB as Jerome Bettis.

No way he goes in 1st round even if he ran 4.6. The value of the rb position has plunged in the last 5 yrs. Look at all the top backs that are Ufa. 5 to 7 rd at best with his 4.7. I just hope he gets drafted to a team with a great line even if it's to the evil cowgirls

I watched every carry of Jerome Bettis in college, same with Audric Estime. I would not classify Estime as good of a CFB RB as Jerome Bettis.
Estimate didn't have the luxury of that o-line, or two out standing backs like Brooks, or Watters, and let's not forget about Mirer, and the threat he was to make it difficult on how to defense against that dynamic

Last edited:
Estimate didn't have the luxury of that o-line, or two out standing backs like Brooks, or Waters, and let's not forget about Powlus, and the threat he was to make it difficult on how to defense against that dynamic
Mirer?

How was he faster on the field, especially when he was wearing pads ?
There’s track speed and football speed. Kyren, Audric and Hamilton all ran disappointing 40s but look fast on the field. Jerry Rice ran a 4.7, it’s more about the guys running 4.3s in speedos that aren’t nearly as fast on the field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT