ADVERTISEMENT

Cotton Bowl

DieHard_Irish

Posts Like A Champion
Aug 27, 2010
Watching USC and listening to the announcers talking about Caleb Williams points out everything that is wrong with CFB. These guys are not college students, they are paid professional athletes. Hell Stetson Bennett, QB for UGA, is freaking 25 years old.

Watching USC and listening to the announcers talking about Caleb Williams points out everything that is wrong with CFB. These guys are not college students, they are paid professional athletes. Hell Stetson Bennett, QB for UGA, is freaking 25 years old.
I tend to agree, mercenaries !

SCOTUS forced NIL on us, but the NCAA really messed things up by removing the one year buffer for transfers !

I don’t understand why ND struggled so much against $C? Tulane can still beat these dudes.

Jesus Christ are you actually busting on Stetson Bennett now?? I thought he would be a wet frickin' dream for someone like you. This hard-working, ugly, former walk-on who just wouldn't quit and scrapped his way to the top of the CFB mountain. And now he's too effin' old for you? Do you ever have some disgruntled complaint that isn't a complete face-palm?

Yeah Baby, first michigan and now USC. No PAC 12 championship, no Cotton bowl victory. What a great start to 2023

Reactions: Classic Irish
College Football Sport GIF by Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic

Only one more year of Caleb at the helm. We got them in n South Bend next year

Huh, what are you talking? Caleb is 20 years old, a legit Sophomore... He transferred to be with the coach -- a known QB guru. Caleb is the most NFL ready college QB I've ever seen. What he did today without running and without his best playmakers was astounding (SC's d sux) -- 460 yards, 5 TDs. NFL teams are going to be losing on purpose next year.

Reactions: BGI User 756
What a game. Love it. Karma for Caleb and his arrogant shenanigans the last 6 weeks.

Number 4 USC not fielding that KO was huge

Riley still can’t field a defense.
Arrogant? He paid for his whole offensive line to fly to the Heisman award! He gave a thoughtful speech. USC has no defense and a bunch of players didn't play -- but he still almost got the W.

• Haha
Reactions: pem55
Caleb Williams is a great great player and future top 5 NFL draft pick

Going to be a tough game with them next year because of him

Caleb Williams is arrogant, and cocky, there's no doubt. But he backs it up on the field, and he does seem like a nice enough guy, I don't know why you'd have personal dislike for him.

Maybe we haven't heard anything about Hartman, because Pratt is the secret QB transfer. Even though he says he's returning to Tulane he's really not, he's transferring to ND.....

Every ND alum and fan should be pleased with the outcome of today's Cotton Bowl game.
My son graduated from Tulane recently and all day I’ve been texting and emailing other Tulane grads and trustees who are at the game.

A GREAT comeback and a GREAT season !

Troy Dannen, the AD deserves a good deal of credit.
Tulane went from the basement to the penthouse in one season.

A REALLY GREAT WIN

P.S. NO TEARS FOR USC !

Reactions: IrishMike409
What a game. Love it. Karma for Caleb and his arrogant shenanigans the last 6 weeks.

Number 4 USC not fielding that KO was huge

Riley still can’t field a defense.
Nonsense, he’ll transfer defensive players in for the 2023 season.

The Transfer Portal is amongst the worst thing to happen to college football.

There should be an annual limit on incoming and outgoing transfers !

Tulane scored 46, that's why they won. Also, Michael Pratt. USC dropped 600 and 45 on them. ND gave up 38 and 436 yards.

ND also had basically 3 TOs if you count the TO on downs.
Spin Doctor. One viewing of that game in LA was one too many.

Arrogant? He paid for his whole offensive line to fly to the Heisman award! He gave a thoughtful speech. USC has no defense and a bunch of players didn't play -- but he still almost got the W.
His arrogance towards opposing teams. First UCLA, then ND, then Utah. His demeanor.

Kudos to him flying his OL but he didn’t pay for it, his NIL did. Was a nice gesture.

Yes USC has no defense and he is very talented.

Caleb Williams is a great great player and future top 5 NFL draft pick

Going to be a tough game with them next year because of him
I wound be surprised if he’s not #1.

I’m now dissapointed with our O-Line play. Tulane gashed USC all game. If not for a generational talent at QB, USC would have been blown out. Tulane’s QB can’t even throw (3-10 before last drive) today and was average all year, yet they were to move the ball at will

I wound be surprised if he’s not #1.

I’m now dissapointed with our O-Line play. Tulane gashed USC all game. If not for a generational talent at QB, USC would have been blown out. Tulane’s QB can’t even throw (3-10 before last drive) today and was average all year, yet they were to move the ball at will
Him and Drake Maye will go 1, 2

Top 5...? Caleb would go #1 this year and next. Kid is the next Mahomes. I watched him all year. He plays the game like an NFL QB.... Not a runner who throws, but a gunner who can run.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Him and Drake Maye will go 1,

Do you think they’ll sit out any post-season games and maybe the last few games of the season like our guys did, or do you think that they won’t abandon their teammates ?

Last edited:
What an amazing comeback by Tulane. And what an epic meltdown by USC.

To give you an idea how unlikely a Tulane win was, consider this factoid I saw on ESPN:

"Over the past five seasons, teams were 1-1,692 when trailing by 15 or more points with five minutes or less remaining in the fourth quarter, according to ESPN Stats & Information research. The lone win came in 2020 with Texas coming back against Texas Tech."

I have to think USC fans are feeling pretty sick about this one. While it wasn't a playoff game, a loss like that is going to leave a bad taste in your mouth for a long time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT